Windows 10: Installing program drive from one Win10 pro computer into another

Discus and support Installing program drive from one Win10 pro computer into another in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Following up on another question, I have 2 computers, one with a 480gb SSD for the OS (Win10 pro) and programs, and the other, much newer one that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joacchim, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Joacchim Win User

Installing program drive from one Win10 pro computer into another

Following up on another question, I have 2 computers, one with a 480gb SSD for the OS (Win10 pro) and programs, and the other, much newer one that is running Win10 Home off a 128gb SSD. I would like to move the 480gb SSD into the newer computer which is running an LGA1156, i3 processor, with only a 128gb SSD program drive.

I've heard that with Win10 it's possible to move a previously installed OS into a different motherboard. Anybody know how? I'd like to move the entire 480gb SSD to the newer PC/ motherboard, but from what I've read it's not that simple... any ideas?

:)

Joacchim, Jan 8, 2019
  2. WPaGuy7 Win User

Win10 Pro does not see installed programs on second HD drive?

I have many programs on that D: drive. AutoCad, ImgBurn, Roxio Creator NXT, Nuance Natural Speaking 13 and many others. I just thought (maybe silly of me) that they would all appear in the APPS listings, but they are not there. I will try your suggestion to create a shortcut and see if that works. I was just puzzled. Thanks for answering my question.

WPaGuy7, Jan 8, 2019
  3. little cat, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Installing program drive from one Win10 pro computer into another

Win10 Preview install problems

Trying to install the Win10 preview. I've created a 50 Gb partition on my primary drive for the install. When I try to install 10, I get a error saying 10 can't be installed on the drive. The drive is of the GPT partition type. From what I've read, I need to convert my drive to a MBR partition type. The only instructions I can find about that involve converting the entire drive, meaning I loose everything on my main drive. Is there a way to convert just the partition I created for the Win10 install to a MBR partition type?

BarbaricSoul, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Installing program drive from one Win10 pro computer into another

1. Installing program drive from one Win10 pro computer into another - Similar Threads - Installing program drive

2. Moving Win10 from one SSD to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Win10 from one SSD to another: Hi, I bought a new SSD and want to move my system to that disk. There is a total of 3 disks in the system: 0 - which is a HDD and it looks like I'm booting from that 1 - the old SSD 2- the new SSD Goal is to only boot from 2 and remove 1. 0 can stay. I cloned 1 to 2 with...
  3. How to access one win10 desktop computer from another?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to access one win10 desktop computer from another?: I have two Win10 desktop computers, each connected by a cable to a single modem/router. I would like to set up a "network" which will allow me to access files on one computer from another and vice versa. Any suggestions on how to do this?...
  4. Moving a hard drive windows 10 pro from one HP computer to another.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving a hard drive windows 10 pro from one HP computer to another.: Moving a hard drive windows 10 pro from one HP computer to another HP computer, works good, no licence issues or such, but old computer specs still on hard drive, HP site, or other spec sites not seeing new computer specs. What can I simply do??? Thank you....
  5. Can I transfer programs from one computer to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I transfer programs from one computer to another?: Got a new laptop for Christmas. Well wife did, I get to set it up for her. There are programs on her old laptop that I would like to transfer to the new one. Specifically Familytree Maker 2008 and 2009. I don't have the original discs any more. It seems like the latest FTM is...
  6. Retrieving a Win10 pro license from another computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retrieving a Win10 pro license from another computer: Hi, I've just bought a new laptop and would like to transfer my win10 pro license from my previous laptop. This license was synchronized on my Microsoft account. However, I'm unable to transfer the license from the old laptop to the new laptop, because the option is not...
  7. Access all files from one drive on another computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access all files from one drive on another computer: My HP laptop is no longer working due to water damage. I had all my files saved in Onedrive. I bought a new HP laptop, but I cannot access all my files from one drive on my new HP laptop. I'm only able to access files from 2017, but I cannot access none of my files from 2018...
  8. Can I transfer a program from one computer to another computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I transfer a program from one computer to another computer: I would like to transfer a program from one computer to another https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-a-program-from-one-computer-to/caba67ec-37f5-48a1-9d6b-673114068e42"
  9. Transfering Hard Drive from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering Hard Drive from one computer to another: I have an old computer that has win 10 on a SSD. I'd like to transfer the old SSD to a completely new rig and get rid of the old hardware. How do I do it?...
  10. Install win10 pro on separate drive from win7 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install win10 pro on separate drive from win7 pro: I have a Dell workstation (xeon mpu) with dual 1 TB HDDs... Win 7 pro is installed on one drive, and the other is blank, newly formated... I want to be able to boot off either drive... the win 7 HDD, or off the Win 10 HDD. I realize I may have to deal with BIOS boot sequence...