Windows 10: installing program

Discus and support installing program in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do I install a program that was designed for earlier windows programs? I am trying to install Printmaster Gold 3.0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sharondean1, Nov 19, 2019.

1. installing program

how do I install a program that was designed for earlier windows programs? I am trying to install Printmaster Gold 3.0

:)

Sharondean1, Nov 19, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 19, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 19, 2019
  4. installing program

Cannot insta;; or uninstall programs it keeps saying a program already being installed!

Hi Brandi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Which program are you trying to uninstall?

• What is the exact issue with Office XP Student?
    The issue you are facing could be due to the program is running on desktop background. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and heck if it help in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the task manager and check if the program is running on Windows back ground. Follow the below steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task manager.
    • Locate for the program which you are trying to uninstall.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Try uninstalling the program.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to restart the computer and as soon as the computer boot up try uninstalling the programs.

If the above steps did not fix the issue try the below steps provided.

Step 3.

I suggest you to unregister and register the Windows installer and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

installing program

1. installing program - Similar Threads - installing program

2. Installed programs disappear after restart on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Installed programs disappear after restart on Windows 11/10: Whenever we install a program on a Windows 11/10 PC, they do not get uninstalled automatically or disappear. We need to uninstall the programs manually. Some users are complaining that installed programs disappear after restarting the PC. In this guide, we show how to fix...
  3. My computer will not allow "the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" to open or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer will not allow "the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" to open or...: I am trying to use "The Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter". found here Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed - Microsoft Support When I try to download or open I get this error message: How do I get past this so I can use the...
  4. My computer will not allow "the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" to open or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer will not allow "the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" to open or...: I am trying to use "The Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter". found here Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed - Microsoft Support When I try to download or open I get this error message: How do I get past this so I can use the...
  5. My computer will not allow "the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" to open or...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. trying to install a program not in the store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to install a program not in the store: I am trying to install a program that is not in the Microsoft store. It keeps telling me to change my app recommendations. When I go to the advanced app setting I don't see an option that allows me to get the app from other sources. Please help. Thanks Chuck...
  7. trying to install a program not in the store

trying to install a program not in the store: I am trying to install a program that is not in the Microsoft store. It keeps telling me to change my app recommendations. When I go to the advanced app setting I don't see an option that allows me to get the app from other sources. Please help. Thanks Chuck...
  8. install parameter length error when I try to install a new program such as install.exe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    install parameter length error when I try to install a new program such as install.exe: install parameter length error when I try to install a new program such as "install.exe" on my PC, installs correctly on my old laptop but not on my W10 PCI get a black CMD type box and a message separately "Install Parameter Length error" Even tried as administrator and shut...
  9. install parameter length error when I try to install a new program such as install.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    install parameter length error when I try to install a new program such as install.exe: install parameter length error when I try to install a new program such as "install.exe" on my PC, installs correctly on my old laptop but not on my W10 PCI get a black CMD type box and a message separately "Install Parameter Length error" Even tried as administrator and shut...
  10. install parameter length error when I try to install a new program such as install.exe