Windows 10: installing programs fron your download folder

Discus and support installing programs fron your download folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; what do you have to do to install programs you have downloaded and are in your download folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mauricehiden, Aug 18, 2018.

1. installing programs fron your download folder

what do you have to do to install programs you have downloaded and are in your download folder

:)

mauricehiden, Aug 18, 2018

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yea, the programs work... everything is just listed over and over... I used CCleaner and it worked just fine... thanks!

Morrison5891, Aug 18, 2018
  4. installing programs fron your download folder

Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yes, the install was corrupted the first time you tried to install it most likely. Now the system does believe it is installed and/or can't find the Uninstaller; however, the program scanner can still find the program folder.

Does the software work and just listed repeated? If so, use CCleaner. Under tools and Uninstaller (I think) you can delete the install listing with uninstalling anything.

If the software does not work, then you are going to have to start the uninstaller from something else like Ccleaner, directly from the program folder, or some other third party app. Then reinstall the software after a restart.

If that fails. Delete the program folder and user folder (Optional). Then run the uninstaller. It will say software not installed...blah blah, remove this listing? Click Yes. Then restart, reinstall.

TheLaughingMan, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

installing programs fron your download folder

1. installing programs fron your download folder - Similar Threads - installing programs fron

2. How do you fix your downloads folder being moved to your owner folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you fix your downloads folder being moved to your owner folder?: I was recently trying to move my downloads folder to an alternate drive with more space on it. I didn't know the 'Move' function under Properties>Location of a folder replaced the folder it is moved to remember this, so after I moved it to the other drive It was just in the...
  3. How do you fix your downloads folder being moved to your owner folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you fix your downloads folder being moved to your owner folder?: I was recently trying to move my downloads folder to an alternate drive with more space on it. I didn't know the 'Move' function under Properties>Location of a folder replaced the folder it is moved to remember this, so after I moved it to the other drive It was just in the...
  4. How do you fix your downloads folder being moved to your owner folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Transfering Thunderbird program and setup fron one computer to another

Transfering Thunderbird program and setup fron one computer to another: Is there anyway to transfer earthlink settings especially emails& settins from a Dell PC, win 10 home, version 20h2 to a HP laptop having the same overall settings? My main objective is to have the two computers have the same email menus? They are both POP,have tried changing...
  6. Auto install of downloaded files in Download folder.

Auto install of downloaded files in Download folder.: How do you stop the auto installation of downloaded files in the Download folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-install-of-downloaded-files-in-download/3cf2007b-164a-47df-b7a9-705636d695dc
  7. How to install a downloaded program

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to install a downloaded program: I downloaded Office 2013 from an internet site but it never prompted me to install the program from my computer, It shows up in my Programs/Apps settings. I can't figure out how to install it. It doesn't show up in my "downloads" nor is it showing a folder. What do I do?...
  8. Cannot install or download certain programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot install or download certain programs: New system I built. Everthing works fine until I switch users to my other account. I cannot download Firefox; absolutely nothing happens. Further, Google did install but running it, even as Admin, does absolutely nothing. Don't understand what could be going on. Thanks....
  9. Can't Install a Downloaded Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Install a Downloaded Program: I have twice downloaded programs and when I click to install them, I receive a screen with this error message: Your PC's settings only let it install verified apps from the Store...Installing apps. only from the Store helps protect your PC and keep it running...
  10. Downloads Folder Holding All My New Program Downloads?

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads Folder Holding All My New Program Downloads?: The "Downloads" folder for W10 is a little strange. I've ran W7 for years and new programs never went to the Downloads folder. W7 offers the choice of Save or Run and I always just selected Run, but Edge says Save or Save As, and you don't get the Run option till the next...