Windows 10: Installing programs on a different drive question

Discus and support Installing programs on a different drive question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys! Now that I have a new laptop that has a 250Gb SSD and a 1T regular drive, I want to reinstall the software that I have in my old laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by graywoulf, May 12, 2020.

1. graywoulf Win User

Installing programs on a different drive question

Hey guys!

Now that I have a new laptop that has a 250Gb SSD and a 1T regular drive, I want to reinstall the software that I have in my old laptop and I don't want to install all of it on the SSD. How do I get the software on the larger drive? Thanks.

:)

graywoulf, May 12, 2020

2. Move programs to different drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me helpy ou.

Please share the details.

• Which programs are you referring to?
    • What is the status when you try to install it in D drive?
    I suggest you to uninstall the programs and reinstall it. Browse and select the installation path for the program to D drive and check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 12, 2020
  3. Clean Install: Programs On A Different HardDrive

Yeah I just used the clean install from the Microsoft site and went through the steps.

I guess since the programs are on a different drive it doesn't know they're there or something.

AllNamesAreTaken2, May 12, 2020
  4. Installing programs on a different drive question

little cat, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Installing programs on a different drive question

1. Installing programs on a different drive question - Similar Threads - Installing programs different

2. Question about installed programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about installed programs: So, I installed Windows 11 and decided to under volt my gpu. I installed Aida64 extreme and i did not save a desktop shortcut because i do not like those. Restarted my pc and I tried to run my aida64 exe file.spent 10 min to search for a way to find my exe somewhere...
  3. Question about installed programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about installed programs: So, I installed Windows 11 and decided to under volt my gpu. I installed Aida64 extreme and i did not save a desktop shortcut because i do not like those. Restarted my pc and I tried to run my aida64 exe file.spent 10 min to search for a way to find my exe somewhere...
  4. Question about 2 different windows installations on separate drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about 2 different windows installations on separate drives: I'm installing Windows 10 as a kind of "burner machine" on my second SSD soon, and I just have one question. Let's say I un-assign the drive letter from my main drive in my burner machine, or disable the disk from device manager completely. Will this be enough to stop...
  5. How can I install a program/app to a different drive?

How can I install a program/app to a different drive?: I've tried doing this before, going through the setup wizard and setting a path on my D drive instead of my C drive, but for some reason the program will still create log/data folders on ny C drive. How can I prevent a program or app from making folders or sharing data with...
  6. [Question] Install already existing programs

[Question] Install already existing programs: Hello fellow Windows users. I have an SSD for Windows and an HDD for everything else. I reinstalled Windows and kept all the data on the HDD, of course as intended all the registry entries got deleted but the programs on the HDD are all runable when opening the exes. Does...
  7. Installing programs on a different drive question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing programs on a different drive question: Hey guys! Now that I have a new laptop that has a 250Gb SSD and a 1T regular drive, I want to reinstall the software that I have in my old laptop and I don't want to install all of it on the SSD. How do I get the software on the larger drive? Thanks. 156232
  8. Install with different drive letter

Install with different drive letter: My home machine's drives are A: to F:, so I intended to use G: for Windows 10. My work machine uses C: for Windows 7 and A: for storage. I had intended to give Windows 10 B:. I installed Windows 10 on a new drive in the work machine today, but it changed the drive letters...
  9. Windows 10 - Install different programs on different user accounts?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Install different programs on different user accounts?: I want to have both The Sims 2 (base game, physical copy/CD installation) and The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection (digital download) on the same computer, but I can't run one with the other installed because they conflict. I have two user accounts on my computer and I was...
  10. installing to different drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing to different drive: I only use my c drive for windows. I want to install all other programs to my d drive in windows 10. how do I change the default drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-to-different-drive/80b5b159-c3aa-48a9-8e0d-da14a95c9482