Windows 10: installing programs using usb port

Discus and support installing programs using usb port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need direction on installing a program onto my laptop using a usb port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GenieEvers, Jan 31, 2019.

1. installing programs using usb port

I need direction on installing a program onto my laptop using a usb port

:)

GenieEvers, Jan 31, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

installing programs using usb port [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Jess Bor Win User
    usb port

Hi Tracey,

In order to help you with your concern about the 2 USB ports of your laptop which are not working, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What changes have you done to your computer prior to getting this issue?
    • Are you getting any error codes when using these USB ports?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you already checked this
      link
      ? This link will help you in getting the latest driver and software. If not yet, just click the drop down arrow links to be able to access helpful troubleshooting suggestions.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Jan 31, 2019
  4. installing programs using usb port

Yellow ! next to Prolific USB-to-Serial Com Port (COM3)

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Based on your description, the issue seems like HooToo USB port driver is outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if this help.

I recommend you to update the HooToo USB port driver and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Click on Universal Serial Bus to expand and right click on the port device and click on
      Update.
    If the issue still persist, I suggest you to go to the USB manufacturer website and install the driver for Windows 10. If the available USB driver is not for Windows 10, try installing the driver in compatibly mode and check.

http://www.hootoo.com/downloads

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

installing programs using usb port

1. installing programs using usb port - Similar Threads - installing programs using

2. Usb port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb port: Hellow, I am using windows 10 installed on lenovo ideapad in...Whenever I insert my usb pen drive the system is not detecting them even external hard drives and phones but they used to work last month the only thing working is my wireless mouse...When the pc is powered of the...
  3. Usb port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb port: Hellow, I am using windows 10 installed on lenovo ideapad in...Whenever I insert my usb pen drive the system is not detecting them even external hard drives and phones but they used to work last month the only thing working is my wireless mouse...When the pc is powered of the...
  4. USB Ports

USB Ports: I am using a windows 10 OS on my PC and two of my USB ports suddenly stopped detecting the flash drives when I insert it...I have tried to install the USB device drivers but it still doesn't work, kindly help me on how to fix my computer....
  5. Unable to use usb ports.

Unable to use usb ports.: My computer isn't recognising any flash drives, phones connected through USB. Yet I am able to use a USB keyboard and a 2.4G wireless mouse. This is happening for almost 2 years from now. I have tried everything from uninstalling my drives and reinstalling them, updating my...
  6. USB ports

USB ports: Hi, how do you guys manage, I dont have enough USB 3.1/3.0 ports on my motherboard, Would a USB hub (Powered) solve my problem? Thank you 158777
  7. USB PORTS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB PORTS: after installing the latest updates I cant able use my ports i don't why, and I updated all the usb drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports/7acecb8d-d1c5-45f0-89ed-61642cae8471
  8. USB ports

USB ports: When I plug in my power cord to my laptop it is saying "the usb port you just installed is not working." I'm not plugging in to a usb port so I don't know why it is saying this and why it will not work now with the power cord plugged in....
  9. How to only use USB port for power?

How to only use USB port for power?: Hi! I have this little USB fan that I love having at my desk to keep me cool sometimes and it's perfect for how it connects to my PC and extends itself with a coil-like extension. Unfortunately, I believe because it's cheap, it has some issues with Windows. When I have it...
  10. uploading programs from usb port

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uploading programs from usb port: I need to upload a software program onto my laptop using a usb port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uploading-programs-from-usb-port/b6f38aa6-871e-43f5-8d47-97e417a48cf1