Windows 10: Installing RAID

Discus and support Installing RAID in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Windows 10 desktop tower PC has a 1 TB Toshiba HDD installed. I'd like to install a second 1 TB HDD for a RAID configuration mirroring. I have two 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alfred_bowman, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Installing RAID

My Windows 10 desktop tower PC has a 1 TB Toshiba HDD installed. I'd like to install a second 1 TB HDD for a RAID configuration mirroring. I have two 1 TB internal HDDs available. Both are Western Digital drives. Would Windows 10 be able to use one of them as the second RAID drive even though it is made by a different manufacturer?

:)

alfred_bowman, Oct 15, 2020
  2. XVI
    xvi Win User

raid 80g or 160g

I'm actually not sure what you just said, so I'll just list the steps.

1: Install the drives
    2: Go in to your BIOS (or whatever is controlling the RAID)
    3: Set them up as RAID
    4: Install windows
    5: Press F6 when Windows says "Press F6 if you need to install additional RAID or SCSI controllers."
    6: Insert the floppy and load the drivers
    7: Continue with the install like normal

3. Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1

Thanks guys. I set up RAID in the BIOS following MSI settings in their manual. Then I loaded windows following the prompts. But I must have missed a step. And hence my questions after my install. So, I did as you suggested Samuria, and set it up in Windows. I would have preferred a MoBo hardware setup. But as long as I have RAID 1 I will be happy. Thanks, B.

LindenBruce, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Pinscher Win User

Installing RAID

Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Installing RAID

1. Installing RAID - Similar Threads - Installing RAID

2. Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.: I'm trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 onto my laptop. Apparently, there's some obstacle that prevents certain laptops--like this Dell Latitude 7430--from Clean-Installing, something to do with "AHCI" and "RAID" modes in the BIOS. According to this thread on the Dell forum,...
  3. Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.: I'm trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 onto my laptop. Apparently, there's some obstacle that prevents certain laptops--like this Dell Latitude 7430--from Clean-Installing, something to do with "AHCI" and "RAID" modes in the BIOS. According to this thread on the Dell forum,...
  4. Recent New Install of Windows 10 Home broke my RAID drive

Recent New Install of Windows 10 Home broke my RAID drive: My long story is too long; I could share it to anyone interested. This is the short story and it's still long: My configuration is a system drive and applications on C: an SSD and a RAID 1 drive 2 WD 6 TB drives on D: for my data. While trying to upgrade the OS on the system...
  5. Recent New Install of Windows 10 Home broke my RAID drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent New Install of Windows 10 Home broke my RAID drive: My long story is too long; I could share it to anyone interested. This is the short story and it's still long: My configuration is a system drive and applications on C: an SSD and a RAID 1 drive 2 WD 6 TB drives on D: for my data. While trying to upgrade the OS on the system...
  6. Recent New Install of Windows 10 Home broke my RAID drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. need to install the raid driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    need to install the raid driver: need to reload the raid driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-install-the-raid-driver/879eeab2-e9b7-4e40-8c07-b8975bf44d86
  8. need to install the raid driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to install the raid driver: need to reload the raid driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-install-the-raid-driver/879eeab2-e9b7-4e40-8c07-b8975bf44d86
  9. need to install the raid driver

10. Raid 1 Array not accessible after re-installing windows on different disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Raid 1 Array not accessible after re-installing windows on different disk.: Hello,I have 3 disks in total, 2 x 2 TB which were built into a Raid 1 Array and 1 NVME disk which used to hold my previous installation of windows 11. Today, I decided to reinstall windows 11 on the NVME disk and ever since the raid array doesn't show up anymore. The disks...