Windows 10: Installing Skype 8.56.0.103 hangs 95% of way through progress bar; "Problem downloading...

Discus and support Installing Skype 8.56.0.103 hangs 95% of way through progress bar; "Problem downloading... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Subject line says it all. How am I supposed to install Skype FOR DESKTOP? I "have the latest" version, 8.56.0.100. Download speed 200 Mbps. Chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DSlomer64, Feb 23, 2020.

1. DSlomer64 Win User

Installing Skype 8.56.0.103 hangs 95% of way through progress bar; "Problem downloading...

Subject line says it all. How am I supposed to install Skype FOR DESKTOP? I "have the latest" version, 8.56.0.100. Download speed 200 Mbps. Chrome 79.0.3945.130 Official Build 64-bit. I'll restart. I doubt it will help. Assume not. I'll immediately come back here *IF* reboot produces successful installation.

:)

DSlomer64, Feb 23, 2020

2. Media creation tool hangs downloading Windows 10, Progress 0%

I'm trying to create a bootable USB to install Windows 10 on a new drive. I've downloaded the media creation tool, and I'm running the program as admin, but it still hangs at"Downloading Windows 10, Progress 0%"

There are lots of references to this problem, but I can't seem to find a solution that works for me.

I tried:

• Right clicking to run as admin within admin account
    • Running services.msc to check that Windows Firewall and Update are indeed set to automatic and currently running.
    • Double checked that my thumb drive is empty and configured as FAT32
    • Uninstalled antivirus and other extraneous software

@Andre Da Costa is the hero on this topic, but unfortunately many of the threads on this are now archived. Any suggestions I've missed?

worstdisplaynameever, Feb 23, 2020
  3. dxan12 Win User
    Unable to download updates, progress bar still sitting at 0%

Original Title: windows 10 updates

Have had windows 10 since upgrade was available, and have recently received four updates

these updates have been downloading for a few days now, and the progress bar is still sitting at 0%

when i go into details, it says that two of the updates are waiting for installation, and the other two are waiting for download

any help would be much appreciated.

dxan12, Feb 23, 2020
  4. GeeSteve Win User

Installing Skype 8.56.0.103 hangs 95% of way through progress bar; "Problem downloading...

KB3197954 download hangs at 95%

Self-built computer, MSI P67A-GD65 MB. Intel I-5 CPU, Windows 10 Pro 32-bit, Ver 1607, OS Build 14393.321.

KB3197954, Cululative Update for Windows 10 1607 will not download past 95% even after waiting several hours. Every time I restart the computer, KB3197954 downloads again to the 95% mark and hangs there until I shutdown the computer, then on restart it
    goes through the same process. KB3197954 installed without a problem on my Win 10 Pro 64-bit Dell D630 laptop.

GeeSteve, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Installing Skype 8.56.0.103 hangs 95% of way through progress bar; "Problem downloading... - Similar Threads - Installing Skype 103

2. No progress bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No progress bar: Hello everyone,I’m currently resetting my computer and I chose the delete all optionthe pc turns off and goes into a black screen then my monitor goes into power saving mode and when I try to turn it on to check what the reset percentage is at it just turns off and says power...
  3. No progress bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No progress bar: Hello everyone,I’m currently resetting my computer and I chose the delete all optionthe pc turns off and goes into a black screen then my monitor goes into power saving mode and when I try to turn it on to check what the reset percentage is at it just turns off and says power...
  4. No progress bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Task bar hanged problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar hanged problem: Hello Microsoft I hope you can fix my problem, After turning on PC task bar is being shown ut without window data and when i move my mouse around on taskbar i can see my loading mouse circles for hours when i put mouse cursour on task bar down below but my other apps...
  6. Show download progress bar

in Browsers and Email
    Show download progress bar: After more than 15 years I switched browsers: I us now Microsoft Edge. I encountered many small differences between Edge and my previous browser but in the end I can do what I want with my new browser except for 1 thing: I used to see in Edge at the bottom of each page a...
  7. Show download progress bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Show download progress bar: After more than 15 years I switched browsers: I us now Microsoft Edge. I encountered many small differences between Edge and my previous browser but in the end I can do what I want with my new browser except for 1 thing: I used to see in Edge at the bottom of each page a...
  8. Media creation tool hangs downloading Windows 10, Progress 0%

Media creation tool hangs downloading Windows 10, Progress 0%: Trying to reset my laptop to factory since im running into so many issues with its normal functions when gaming. When i try and reset it to delete all the files it runs into an error so it deletes nothing. I was told downloading the windows backup on a thumb drive would help...
  9. Download progress

Download progress: Where is the download progress indicator and the log and the folder with all past downloads...in order to access and read/use them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-progress/7d019026-abda-4a3c-bd21-485e6e25b124
  10. Media creation tool hangs downloading Windows 10, Progress 0%

Media creation tool hangs downloading Windows 10, Progress 0%: I'm trying to create a bootable USB to install Windows 10 on a new drive. I've downloaded the media creation tool, and I'm running the program as admin, but it still hangs at"Downloading Windows 10, Progress 0%" There are lots of references to this problem, but I can't...