Windows 10: Installing software

Discus and support Installing software in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Could you explain me why UAC enables a program to be installed on my computer, even if I answer 'no' when it asks me 'Do you want to allow this program... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Morgane bareille, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Installing software

Could you explain me why UAC enables a program to be installed on my computer, even if I answer 'no' when it asks me 'Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your PC?'. I don’t want my son can install programs without my permission, but if this issue persists he will be able to install something even though he selects 'no'.

Thank you for your help.

:)

Morgane bareille, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Installing software

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Installing software

1. Installing software - Similar Threads - Installing software

2. My computer detected few unwanted software, file: C:\Windows\Installer\3afbf41.msi being...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer detected few unwanted software, file: C:\Windows\Installer\3afbf41.msi being...: My window detector recently detected, that I had an unwanted and possible threat software file in my computer, I tried to remove it through the anti-virus system that detected it but it was not successful, and I had a look at other community issus, which I followed and did a...
  3. My computer detected few unwanted software, file: C:\Windows\Installer\3afbf41.msi being...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer detected few unwanted software, file: C:\Windows\Installer\3afbf41.msi being...: My window detector recently detected, that I had an unwanted and possible threat software file in my computer, I tried to remove it through the anti-virus system that detected it but it was not successful, and I had a look at other community issus, which I followed and did a...
  4. My computer detected few unwanted software, file: C:\Windows\Installer\3afbf41.msi being...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to install software without admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install software without admin account: Help please I've somehow deleted the admin account without making another account. Context: So a friend of mine gave me a Windows 7 laptop and I was able to put windows 10 on it but I lost the charger then Years later, I finally found it. I plugged it in. Try to update it...
  6. How to install software without admin account

How to install software without admin account: Help please I've somehow deleted the admin account without making another account. Context: So a friend of mine gave me a Windows 7 laptop and I was able to put windows 10 on it but I lost the charger then Years later, I finally found it. I plugged it in. Try to update it...
  7. How to install software without admin account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Stop installing software without consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop installing software without consent: I turned my laptop on this morning to find it chugging and almost falling over. I am in the middle of a large render process and running close to my maximum disk space. After investigating why it was chugging along, I found Windows did an automatically installation of...
  9. Stop installing software without consent

Stop installing software without consent: I turned my laptop on this morning to find it chugging and almost falling over. I am in the middle of a large render process and running close to my maximum disk space. After investigating why it was chugging along, I found Windows did an automatically installation of...
  10. I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on

I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on: I even removed the software that i turned Defender off, still no good It shows That I have another anti-virus but I have no other anti-virus installed than Defender I am also attaching an image...