Windows 10: Installing SSD & Clean install

Discus and support Installing SSD & Clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Want to change out a HDD to SSD and also do a clean install (with no risk to licenses) of W10. What is best sequence. Install SSD first, do clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sargan, Nov 10, 2018.

1. sargan Win User

Installing SSD & Clean install

Want to change out a HDD to SSD and also do a clean install (with no risk to licenses) of W10.

What is best sequence.

Install SSD first, do clean install pointing at SSD or do Clean install on HDD then move to SSD ?

:)

sargan, Nov 10, 2018

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Norton Win User
    New SSD install advice/opinions

My OS install was done last weekend and have been pulling in all of the updates over the past week so I should have ready and "clean"... been dumping/cleaning of all of the install garabage, restore points, etc

Corsair's website didn't have too much support info or I couldn't find it regarding firmware updates and tweaks. Basically the FAQ section suggested to make one change in the BIOS and nothing else had to be done *Confused Installing SSD & Clean install :confused:

I'll check on those post install tweaks you mentioned and Thanks *Toast :toast:

Norton, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Wile E Win User

Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: Account Suspended

Wile E, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Installing SSD & Clean install - Similar Threads - Installing SSD Clean

2. Clean install to new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install to new SSD: I just purchased a SSD to replace my HDD and I am trying to install windows 10 on the new SSD. I have the key, and the cloning didn’t work for me. I am just looking for a fresh new install on the new SSD so I can remove the old HDD. Any and all help is greatly appreciated....
  3. Clean Install on an External SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean Install on an External SSD: I’m wanting to do a full wipe of my PC and this time have Windows be installed on my external SSD. Is this smart? Should I just have Windows install on my default HDD? If it’s fine, how can I direct Windows to reinstall onto my external SSD when I go through resetting...
  4. Clean install of a new SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install of a new SSD: I recently installed a new ssd for my OS, some a game and some programs off a USB stick. Now I have a two system reserved (D:) and (E:) with nothing in them, I'm assuming there is some hidden files but I'.m curious if I can delete them to regain the little bit of space (I...
  5. W10 OS Clean Install on SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 OS Clean Install on SSD: I'm currently wanting to install a 120GB SSD into my PC. 1) What I want to know is, will the OS on the HDD conflict with the one on the SSD after I do a clean install on it, and make it the boot disc? All I want to use it for is the OS and the games I'm playing the...
  6. UEFI install on clean SSD

UEFI install on clean SSD: I've been having some trouble with my existing Windows 10 installation, and I'm planing to resinstall the OS from scratch on a brand new SSD that's fresh out of the box. I want to install it with UEFI and Secure Boot from a USB, as I'm currently using Bios. I've...
  7. Clean Install Errors - Bad SSD?

Clean Install Errors - Bad SSD?: Was using computer like any other day and it became unresponsive. Music was still playing normally but nothing would respond. Couldn't even use CTRL+ALT+DEL. So I turned computer off. Restart wanted to do a 'Startup Repair', that seemed unresponsive as well. Can't get into...
  8. Clean Install on New SSD without installing upgrade

Clean Install on New SSD without installing upgrade: I have reserved my copy of Win 10 (upgrade from Win7 Pro 32bit retail) , but i plan to fit a SSD and instill the 64bit version of Win 10. does windows 10 need to be upgrade installed first so Win 10 recognizes my hardware or can i download the ISO and do a clean install...
  9. Clean install on new SSD

Clean install on new SSD: Hello Everyone, I intend to buy a new SSD in the coming weeks, not sure if its a Samsung Evo 250, or 500 GB drive, To install windows 10, I plan to do a Fresh Clean install of windows 10 on the new SSD, I have seen so many ways on this Forum, on the best way to do a Clean...
  10. Clean Install on a Working SSD?

Clean Install on a Working SSD?: My current installation has been upgraded several times from Windows 8 to Windows 10. What do I need to do to wipe the current installation on the SSD and do a new clean install? 62779

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows vista ultimate install on ssd