Windows 10: Installing SSD not detected by BIOS

Discus and support Installing SSD not detected by BIOS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sequence of installing new SSD. Disconnected the HDD with Windows. Fitted Syba 4 Sata PCI-E card Fitted Samsung 500GB 860 SSD connected to Syba 4 Sata... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by scopio, Dec 4, 2018.

1. scopio Win User

Installing SSD not detected by BIOS

Sequence of installing new SSD.
    • Disconnected the HDD with Windows.
    • Fitted Syba 4 Sata PCI-E card
    • Fitted Samsung 500GB 860 SSD connected to Syba 4 Sata PCI-E card
    • Installed Windows 10 Home in Samsung 500GB 860 SSD
    Windows installed fine in the SSD. Entered the BIOS to set the SSD as 1st Boot priority but the BIOS has not detected it. The only boot devices shown in the BIOS are the CD/DVD Rom and the Replaceable Device. *Mad
    Device Manager shows the SSD connected.
    I connected the the HDD which still has Windows installed but I get the message to "Reboot and Select Boot Media" even though the SSD is still connected. *Eek
    Any help would be most appreciated.

:)

scopio, Dec 4, 2018

2. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's bios menu.

Hi Matthew,

There are several possible reasons as to why your computer is not detecting an SSD drive. This could be caused by incorrect BIOS settings or device drivers that need to be updated. Since you already tried the suggestion of Andre Da Costa and this allowed
    your computer to detect the SSD already, we would like to further clarify your concern by asking the questions below:

• If you were already able to install Windows on the SSD, have you already attempted to change the boot order in the BIOS menu?
    • Which version of Windows did you install on the SSD?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you attempted?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Can't detect SSD when Installing windows10

Hi,

Incorrectly configured BIOS settings may cause your SSD not to be detected.

For us to properly isolate and provide a suitable resolution, we'll be needing additional information:

• Does your gaming laptop have HDD and SSD?
    • Is your SSD a SATA or M.2?
    • Were you trying to reinstall Windows 10?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the BIOS setting?

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Roketmann Win User

SSD not detected in Win10 install but is detected in bios

Hi all,

This is my first build and I am so close yet it feels so far away. I'm at the final step of installing Windows 10 onto my PC I have a bootable USB drive connected and everything goes smoothly until I have to select a hard drive!

I have a Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 2.5" 1Tb with a Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero LGA 1151 intel z170. As you can see from the photos below, the ssd is detected in the bios but not in the hard drive. I'm booting it with UEFI USB priority. It's a clean ssd do I have to reformat it?

I am not sure whether drive 0 Unallocated space is my ssd but it also says it has 0 free space. I am super confused please help!

Thanks!

Struggle - Album on Imgur

Roketmann, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Installing SSD not detected by BIOS - Similar Threads - Installing SSD detected

2. SSD detected by BIOS but not by Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD detected by BIOS but not by Windows 10 installation: Hi! I am building a new pc and ran into an issue with the SSD. I put in a Crucial p5 plus 1TB M.2.SSD, a Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite AX and a AMD ryzen 5 7600x. When I go into the BIOS it detects the SSD and it also passes all the self tests. However when I try to install...
  3. SSD is not detected in BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD is not detected in BIOS: Hi!I have an Acer Desktop PC with the following details: Model: TC-705 Brand: Acer AspireSSD: Kingston SSD, 240 GBRecently it broke down and when I restarted the PC It keeps showing the following message on a black screen:"Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot...
  4. SSD is not detected in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD is not detected in BIOS: Hi!I have an Acer Desktop PC with the following details: Model: TC-705 Brand: Acer AspireSSD: Kingston SSD, 240 GBRecently it broke down and when I restarted the PC It keeps showing the following message on a black screen:"Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot...
  5. SSD is not detected in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Ssd not detected by bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ssd not detected by bios: I have hp notebook 15ay-006tx with 1tb hdd and 8gb ram with windows 10 os, so i intsall 240gb crucial ssd on the place of hdd and put hdd in caddy it is working properly when i select it pressing f9 boot menu and select ssd as boot device but when it start normally it start...
  7. Ssd not detected by bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd not detected by bios: I have hp notebook 15ay-006tx with 1tb hdd and 8gb ram with windows 10 os, so i intsall 240gb crucial ssd on the place of hdd and put hdd in caddy it is working properly when i select it pressing f9 boot menu and select ssd as boot device but when it start normally it start...
  8. Ssd not detected by bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. BIOS Not Detecting SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIOS Not Detecting SSD: I bought a crucial mx500 1tb ssd in July. A month ago, my whole computer just froze and couldn't boot up so I reinstalled widows 10. Today, whenever I turn on my pc, it takes to directly to bios and doesn't show my ssd as a boot option. I'm positive that it isn't a cable...
  10. SSD not detected in Win10 install but is detected in bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD not detected in Win10 install but is detected in bios: Hi all, This is my first build and I am so close yet it feels so far away. I'm at the final step of installing Windows 10 onto my PC I have a bootable USB drive connected and everything goes smoothly until I have to select a hard drive! I have a Mushkin Enhanced Reactor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new ssd not recognised in bios

2. installing a ssd and getting it detected dell bios