Windows 10: Installing then stops then unistalls

Discus and support Installing then stops then unistalls in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows keeps trying to install updates. But then stops and decides to uninstall what has been. Is it doing this as what's been installed shouldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by garethrobo79, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Installing then stops then unistalls

Windows keeps trying to install updates. But then stops and decides to uninstall what has been.

Is it doing this as what's been installed shouldn't be and its being stopped?

If so how can I stop it doing so and how do I find out what should and shouldn't be?

Am I supposed to get the update? It's done this twice this week. And has tried to before last month

Is my PC knackered its been problematic for a while and is very slow at loading, with me needing to turn off hardware acceleration to speed Chrome up.

:)

garethrobo79, Mar 19, 2020
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Installing then stops then unistalls [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Mar 19, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Installing then stops then unistalls

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Installing then stops then unistalls

1. Installing then stops then unistalls - Similar Threads - Installing stops unistalls

2. unistall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unistall: HiI uninstalled this program why do i keep getting this notification?thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unistall/c6295b75-abf1-4e51-baa4-3a5de49b3164
  3. unistall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unistall: HiI uninstalled this program why do i keep getting this notification?thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unistall/c6295b75-abf1-4e51-baa4-3a5de49b3164
  4. unistall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unistalling programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unistalling programs: Does anybody know why Windows is incapable of uninstalling more than one program at a time? It's not a big deal unless you're the person who installs all kinds of programs just to see which ones will take your money and which ones are safe. Or if you install something like an...
  6. Unistalling programs

Unistalling programs: Hi, I tried to install software for a Canon camera but the version is too early.Some elements of the download were installed as programmes but i am unable to uninstall these using the control panel etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  7. Can't unistall or install programs

Can't unistall or install programs: It all started with me trying to uninstall Steam. Whenever I try to restart after uninstalling I'd get stuck on the boot screen. Whenever I simply shut down after uninstalling I turn the computer back on and everything that what uninstalled it suddenly back. After running the...
  8. unistall

unistall: when I want to uninstall any program from control panel ,it say that pls wait while unistalling and or changes but further I want to unistall after 2 hours then also reply is same...
  9. unistall yahoo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unistall yahoo: This magically appeared today, on Microsoft Edge , how the heck do I get rid of it!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unistall-yahoo/646d4f30-6ad7-4547-adc6-ba1896832bb9
  10. revo unistaller

revo unistaller: I used this to uninstall a security program from my control panel that i did not know where it came from it unistalled ok but for some reason, it opened up with scan results i don't know where it came from its not under programs in the control panel how do i delete this...