Windows 10: installing to different drive

Discus and support installing to different drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I only use my c drive for windows. I want to install all other programs to my d drive in windows 10. how do I change the default drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Arnoldsacks, Nov 26, 2018.

1. installing to different drive

I only use my c drive for windows. I want to install all other programs to my d drive in windows 10. how do I change the default drive

:)

Arnoldsacks, Nov 26, 2018
  2. little cat, Nov 26, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 26, 2018
  4. installing to different drive

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

installing to different drive

1. installing to different drive - Similar Threads - installing different drive

2. Xbox app not wanting to install on different drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app not wanting to install on different drive: i have a external hard drive and i used this on my laptop and it worked fine installing Xbox games on it but i formatted it for some reason when moving to my new computer and now i cant get it to install games on the external drive and when i try and change the folder it says...
  3. installing new os on different drive on pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing new os on different drive on pc: HI, ive just installed another hard drive into my pc. At the moment i am operating windows 7 on my "c" drive, but i would like to install windows10 from a usb onto my new drive. If i click on "install" will it ask where i want to install it? or will it automatically install...
  4. Installing programs on a different drive question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing programs on a different drive question: Hey guys! Now that I have a new laptop that has a 250Gb SSD and a 1T regular drive, I want to reinstall the software that I have in my old laptop and I don't want to install all of it on the SSD. How do I get the software on the larger drive? Thanks. 156232
  5. Installing programs on a different drive question

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing programs on a different drive question: Hey guys! Now that I have a new laptop that has a 250Gb SSD and a 1T regular drive, I want to reinstall the software that I have in my old laptop and I don't want to install all of it on the SSD. How do I get the software on the larger drive? Thanks. 156232
  6. Cant install store app on different drive.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant install store app on different drive.: Ive already followed the steps outlined in other answers given for this question. 1. Press Windows key + I together to open Settings. 2. Click on System > Storage. 3. Click on Change where new content is saved under More storage settings. 4. Select F drive using the drop...
  7. Install with different drive letter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install with different drive letter: My home machine's drives are A: to F:, so I intended to use G: for Windows 10. My work machine uses C: for Windows 7 and A: for storage. I had intended to give Windows 10 B:. I installed Windows 10 on a new drive in the work machine today, but it changed the drive letters...
  8. installing PC games on different drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing PC games on different drive: I have Windows 7 pro installed and then upgraded to windows 10 with latest updates etc for it. it is installed on C drive like normal. i have another hard drive G that i use to install bunch of PC games ranging from new to old. I noticed that when some of the pc games want to...
  9. Concerns with fresh install on different hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Concerns with fresh install on different hard drive: Hi everyone, I've upgraded to 10 from W7, and I've had nothing but problems with it, so i'm concerned about the installation to a different SSD than the one I'm using, my mind is telling me it should be fine as the Upgrade happened all on the same hardware, but changing the...
  10. Clean install to different disk drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install to different disk drive?: I have successfully upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (and solved the initial network connection problems). However my OS has a lot of crud from the pre-upgrade state and I would like to do a clean install of Windows 10, without losing any old data files. I've read...