Windows 10: Installing Touch Screen Drivers on a non touch screen laptop

Discus and support Installing Touch Screen Drivers on a non touch screen laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can I download and install a Microsoft touch screen driver on a laptop that does not have touch screen facilities?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by James_286, Sep 22, 2020.

1. James_286 Win User

Installing Touch Screen Drivers on a non touch screen laptop

Can I download and install a Microsoft touch screen driver on a laptop that does not have touch screen facilities?

:)

James_286, Sep 22, 2020

2. touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 22, 2020
  3. MarkB Win User
    Not using touch screen

I'm planning to buy a new laptop but will never be using the touch screen. Will I lose any functionality in Win10 by just using a mouse and keyboard with a touch-screen laptop? Do touch screen models use a different version of Win10?

BTW, I know I can buy a non-touch screen model and may do that, but we're looking for a large screen and non-touch choices are limited.

MarkB, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Installing Touch Screen Drivers on a non touch screen laptop

Touch screens

I can do 60 words per minute on my phone, perhaps more now as I've got used to the phone. ( htc desire z, using the stock onscreen keyboard)

Touch screen + predictive text I recon I could equal my keyboard typing speed. Maybe beat it depending on how advance the predictions are.

( hard to use predictive software on traditional keyboards as there is no way to quickly choose the suggested word, where as touch screen keyboards can have the suggested words appear above the function keys)

pantherx12, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Installing Touch Screen Drivers on a non touch screen laptop

1. Installing Touch Screen Drivers on a non touch screen laptop - Similar Threads - Installing Touch Screen

2. Touch screen driver missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch screen driver missing: Hei. My Huawei Matebook 13 have touchscreen, but touchscreen driver is missing. Even Huawei PC manager can not find and install this driver. I wonder where can i find and install this driver....
  3. Touch screen drivers

Touch screen drivers: Hi i have a KOGAN ATLAS GO 13.3" - KALAP13S300VA 2in1 device that i upgraded the HDD and reinstalled W10 on and now the touch screen isn't working.Can someone pls point me in the right direction of the drivers??Many thanksSean...
  4. How to install touch screen drivers?

How to install touch screen drivers?: How to install hid touch screen drivers? for lenovo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-touch-screen-drivers/6b7175b3-e106-47de-bd70-c88999b03ca2
  5. my touch-screen laptop is not responding to touch screen

my touch-screen laptop is not responding to touch screen: -----------------------------context-----------------------------ok so this happened out of the blue, I was just chilling on my laptop when i tried to use my touch screen it did not work, thinking it was just some dumb issue and a restart would work, continued with what I was...
  6. Using a touch screen laptop as an external touch screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using a touch screen laptop as an external touch screen?: I know that it's possible to use miracast to use a windows machine as an external monitor for another pc. But is it also possible to use a touch screen laptop and work with touch inputs from that laptop on whatever it is displaying? So far, when using miracast, all inputs on...
  7. Touch Screen Driver

Touch Screen Driver: My touch screen laptop runs Windows 10 has recently lost it's touch screen driver. I have noticed that recently my touch screen no longer works. I followed a walkthrough to troubleshoot the problem and the guide said to uninstall and reinstall the touch screen driver....
  8. touch screen driver

touch screen driver: I need a touch screen driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen-driver/5e05aae2-e123-4229-9d86-b1caef0351a9
  9. Touch screen drivers

Touch screen drivers: Hello, I have a Samsung Pc ,the hard drive had to be replaced and after that, the touch screen is not working ,I contacted Samsung and they gave me the link to download the drivers but as this is an old PC ,it only works for Windows 7 and I have Windows 10 and they can't help...
  10. non touch laptop

non touch laptop: sorry guys i know this isnt the place to post this but Im new to the site so not sure where to post but i have a non touch lap top what does this mean?? [img] 56847