Windows 10: Installing update cab file

Discus and support Installing update cab file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to install an update in .cab format, "KB4519337". Searched the net how to install such update, and whatever I did, the answer was an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Motim Win User

Installing update cab file

Hello,
    I am trying to install an update in .cab format, "KB4519337". Searched the net how to install such update, and whatever I did,
    the answer was an error "could not find or open the file".
    Renamed the file's name to be a short name, copies it to C folder, always could not find or open the file.
    Here is the command line I used: (the file is in C: folder) DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:"C:\kb4519337.cab".
    Attached screenshot (error to update.jpg) and the Dism log file.
    Answers will be appreciated
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Oct 9, 2019

2. installing a cab file

so basically the instructions on this page is erroneous or outdated

[Video] How to Install Cumulative updates CAB/MSU Files on Windows 10

• Download the CAB Files x86 / X64 depending upon the OS architecture
    • Rename file to KBnumber.сab (for example KB3176931.Cab)
    • Copy to folder C:\
    • Run command-prompt as admin (Right click on Windows icon and choose option). Check the image above.
    • Enter the command “DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:c:\KBnumber.cab
    • This installs the CU CAB File. Check the screenshots below for example.
    • Your devices will restart once the installation is over. Else you may need to restart your PC

this is the first page for google search.

I already tried NOT naming the file. I used the original name. still not found

beerus_king, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    installing a cab file

Thank you for your reply.

It seems that ASUS System 12/19/2016 1.0.0.6 is outdated. Have you tried downloading and installing the latest version of ASUS - System?

Installing update cab file 71b541b1-6594-4a76-82f7-7699e48d4f64?upload=true.jpg

We'll be waiting for your response.

Riel Alc, Oct 9, 2019
  4. D4ni3l Win User

Install CAB file in Windows 10

Another way to install a cab file (Realtek Audio driver as example)

• Extract the cab file to a directory using winrar or other extraction tool (create a new directory)
    • Open the Device Manager in admin mode (Win+R devmgmt.msc)
    • Select the device and Click "Update Driver Software..."

Installing update cab file mYHnLsC.png
    • Browse and select the folder where you have extracted the cab

Installing update cab file WqsIg6V.png
    • And install the driver !

This is the easiest way i found

D4ni3l, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Installing update cab file - Similar Threads - Installing update cab

2. DirectX installing CAB file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX installing CAB file: Hello. My name is Nicat. When I want to open and download directX dxwebsetup.exe then i recive a pop up.How i can fix this problem? I found the directX packaxe and i will opened it and extrat it. But i can't fix this. Extract- "C: > New > DirectX...
  3. DirectX installing CAB file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX installing CAB file: Hello. My name is Nicat. When I want to open and download directX dxwebsetup.exe then i recive a pop up.How i can fix this problem? I found the directX packaxe and i will opened it and extrat it. But i can't fix this. Extract- "C: > New > DirectX...
  4. ,cab file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ,cab file: need to install a .cab file for an older printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cab-file/5e3b9f70-41a5-4288-9bf1-298ccd4b0e80
  5. Cant install windows dynamic update (.cab file[KB4579919])

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant install windows dynamic update (.cab file[KB4579919]): Hello, last few days I had struggle installing latest windows dynamic update for windows 1909. Currently I am on latest build for 1909 (KB4577671), but I have tried installing the .cab update also on older builds of 1909. Update is in form of .cab file, so I was using dism...
  6. *.cab files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    *.cab files: Hi, Is it safe to delete those files? Same dating from 2009. Best regards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cab-files/7767cf26-5992-42bf-b29a-ac3a4a144362
  7. Updating laptop manually with CAB files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating laptop manually with CAB files: Hi all I have a problem that I am hoping that you can assist me with. Background: My company has laptops that are used in an environment that is not connected to the internet, and I am trying to perform updates to the said laptops. When I am trying to update any .cab file...
  8. installing drivers from the update catalog (cab files format)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    installing drivers from the update catalog (cab files format): hi Microsoft: I installed two drivers I downloaded from the update catalog. They are in cab format. I extracted the two files and it created two folders. I opened both and when I saw files that states, setup information under type, I right clicked on it and clicked on...
  9. Windows 10 update cab file Installer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update cab file Installer.: Problems with Windows 10 Updates are an ongoing issue now. and the possible solution to overcome this is by downloading the updates manually from the Microsoft®Update Catalog or using tools like WHDownloader (formerly Windows Hotfix Downloader) The issue is that some...
  10. Install CAB file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install CAB file in Windows 10: How to: Install CAB file in Windows 10 How to Install a CAB File in Windows 10 A cabinet is a single file, usually with a .cab extension, that stores compressed files in a file library. Some Windows 10 updates are redistributed in the .cab archive format. You can use...