Windows 10: Installing Updates Led to the Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death?

Discus and support Installing Updates Led to the Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I was putting my laptop into sleep mode and the I noticed the power-light wouldn't turn off. I tried everything to get it into sleep mode,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zeromoss, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Zeromoss Win User

Installing Updates Led to the Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death?

Hello,

I was putting my laptop into sleep mode and the I noticed the power-light wouldn't turn off. I tried everything to get it into sleep mode, unfortunately I had to resort to a hard power off.

The next day, I booted up my laptop and it said, "Windows is working on updates". Shortly after, I was presented with a frowny face and message telling me my computer couldn't handle a problem. (I've attached a photo of the general image)
    Installing Updates Led to the Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death? [​IMG]

Since then, everything seems to be working now. In fact, I'm typing this post from my laptop. There are occasional graphic hiccups like icons loading weirdly and "stuttering" but that may have been happening before and I just didn't notice.

Should I do anything about this? A system restore or could that worsen any underlying issues?

I know this sounds far-fetched but I'm worried that this could affect my online accounts or leave my system vulnerable.
    I've scanned my computer with Avast! and Malwarebytes and both programs found no issues in terms of viruses.

Thanks for reading my post and I hope I can get some insight from experienced users on the forum. *Smile

:)

Zeromoss, Jan 19, 2018

2. Blue screen while installing updates of windows 10

Please upload to Onedrive or any other file sharing website for better help.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 19, 2018
  3. Blue screen while installing updates of windows 10

yeah I am

ok thanks I'll download it now

VijayRathore1, Jan 19, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello,

My best guess is that you happened to put your laptop to sleep just as it was in the middle of an update installing in the background. Windows would have delayed the transition to sleep mode until the update was completed but you forced it to shutdown and power off. When restarting the next day, Windows attempted to complete the update but ran into a problem that required a restart. Hopefully it corrected the problem automatically but it would be worth checking that you did in fact update to the latest version.

Have a look at the reliability history (type reliability in the search box and select the view history) this should show you what is being installed and updated each day. Right click on the Start button and click on System- this will show you your windows build at the bottom under Windows Specifications. Current, latest build is 16299.192

If your system is operating OK then all is well. If you are worried that any of the system files might be corrupted you can perform a system file check. See this tutorial: Run SFC Command in Windows 10

philc43, Jan 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Installing Updates Led to the Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death? - Similar Threads - Installing Updates Led

2. Windows 11 update led into a blue screen loop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update led into a blue screen loop?: Hi!Recently, I tried to update my computer, but something went wrong.It would be in the "Undoing changes made to your computer" screen, and then go into a blue screen after about 5 minutes. After that, it restarts itself and the cycle starts again.Is there any way to fix...
  3. Windows 11 update led into a blue screen loop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update led into a blue screen loop?: Hi!Recently, I tried to update my computer, but something went wrong.It would be in the "Undoing changes made to your computer" screen, and then go into a blue screen after about 5 minutes. After that, it restarts itself and the cycle starts again.Is there any way to fix...
  4. Blue screen of death after installing updates and applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of death after installing updates and applications: Hi, I got BSOD after installing several updates and applications. Could someone help me solve the issue? Will really appreciate any help given. The DMP file can be found at the link below. Thank youhttps://we.tl/t-xm8ZBooHLe...
  5. Blue screen of death after installing updates and applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen of death after installing updates and applications: Hi, I got BSOD after installing several updates and applications. Could someone help me solve the issue? Will really appreciate any help given. The DMP file can be found at the link below. Thank youhttps://we.tl/t-xm8ZBooHLe...
  6. Installing windows 10 blue death screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows 10 blue death screen: I have done everything I can. I am at the point of wanting to smash my computer to bits . I have watched several videos online and practically done everything. I have built myself a new pc components at the bottom. It all started when I booted my computer with an old still...
  7. windows 10 update freezes / blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update freezes / blue screen of death: Windows 10 update never completes, always gets stuck at 91%. This has been happening for several months. After the update freezes for several hours I force a shut down, and then I postpone the windows update the next time I am prompted. I am also getting the blue screen...
  8. Update on the blue screen of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update on the blue screen of death: So the blue screen of death is back I tried restore but I can reinstall windows 10. (It gave the option to keep my data.) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-on-the-blue-screen-of-death/eceef657-7e8e-4432-bcfa-5943ee47c6d5
  9. Blue Screen of Death in Windows 10 :(

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death in Windows 10 :(: How do you fix the Blue screen error in Windows 10? I am very exhausted of this already, I tried resetting my PC but it just wouldn't reset because it will say we ran a problem in resetting the PC along the way and would not get to 100%. I even get blue screen errors every...
  10. Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death: Does Microsoft Get Help actually helps or do they refer you to some tech support scammer? My laptop currently has blue screen issues. Every time I watch the video with sounds, it blue screens out of nowhere and when it restarts, the sound in the computer does not work for a...