Windows 10: Installing upgrade windows 10 pro

Discus and support Installing upgrade windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from the store. When I click on install the computer appears to be installing.. the circle of dots goes around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nehoma, Apr 24, 2019.

1. nehoma Win User

Installing upgrade windows 10 pro

I have purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from the store.

When I click on install the computer appears to be installing.. the circle of dots goes around and it says do not turn off your computer. this happens for an hour or so then it reboots but nothing has been installed. there is no error message

:)

nehoma, Apr 24, 2019

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Installing upgrade windows 10 pro

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Installing upgrade windows 10 pro

1. Installing upgrade windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - Installing upgrade pro

2. WINDOWS 10 HOME/PRO INSTALL, UPGRADE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 HOME/PRO INSTALL, UPGRADE: Greetings, can someone, anyone please please help me????? I have had this HP laptop since Dec of of last year I bought it used and it was a CLEAN INSTALL laptop which means there was nothing installed on it so i had to reinstall like EVERYTHING.. My issue has been very nerve...
  3. Windows 10 pro installation using an upgrade key

Windows 10 pro installation using an upgrade key: I bought a windows 10 pro key for a new installation, however the sales guy sold me an upgrade to pro key. Can I do a new installation of 10 pro with this?...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Installed Unactivated Windows 10 Enterprise

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Installed Unactivated Windows 10 Enterprise: I recently updated my laptop from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home. I checked the Activation status after the upgrade to Windows 10 Home and it showed that I have valid digitally activated home system. I then went to the Microsoft Store and purchased the Upgrade to Windows...
  5. Windows 10 Pro upgrade causes Enterprise Install

Windows 10 Pro upgrade causes Enterprise Install: I got a new laptop with Windows 10 Home. Went on MS store to upgrade through settings to Windows 10 Pro. The installation asks for activation again as the enterprise edition got installed. I have not seen any easy known solution as these are digital licenses....
  6. windows 10 pro upgrade could not install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro upgrade could not install: i bought windows 10 pro upgrade from Microsoft store 3/16/2020 but it could not get it to install and I don't see anyway to try the install again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-upgrade-could-not-install/209a2746-cfbb-4a81-9ca9-0cfdb1b2045f
  7. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: Every time I try to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro from the Microsoft store, it take me to the XBOX Live dialog box to sign in, when I click my user id to sign in it then takes me the Welcome back screen and with the option Let's play. When I click that option I get this...
  8. windows 10 pro upgrade

windows 10 pro upgrade: I purchased a windows 10 pro activation key yesterday and it does not work. The error code that comes up is 0xc004f050. do I need to deactivate win 10 home before I can activate pro? if so how is that done?...
  9. Upgrade or new install - windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro

Upgrade or new install - windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro: I have several work computers that have windows 7 pro. Should I do a full version install or just upgrade? They are mainly used for our electronic medical records that we access through a vpn. I'm trying to go the cheaper route however I don't want to regret it down the...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Installed Unactivated Windows 10 Enterprise

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Installed Unactivated Windows 10 Enterprise: I did, what was supposed to, upgrade from 10 Home to 10 Pro in the Settings/Store apps. However, it installed an unactivated 10 Enterprise instead!...