Windows 10: Installing USB-SERIAL CH340 drivers (Arduino)

Discus and support Installing USB-SERIAL CH340 drivers (Arduino) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I need to install (remotely) a driver "USB-SERIAL CH340" to allow an Arduino board to communicate with a PC. This driver is used as a serial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by arjfca, Apr 17, 2020.

1. arjfca Win User

Installing USB-SERIAL CH340 drivers (Arduino)

Hello

I need to install (remotely) a driver "USB-SERIAL CH340" to allow an Arduino board to communicate with a PC. This driver is used as a serial port over a USB port. Since we are all confined ( Covid-19) , I can't go to his place to help him.

I got access to his PC uing AnyDesk

This driver is installed on my own PC, but I can't find a way to install in on my brother Windows 10 PC.

Any help appreciated
    Good luck to all

Martin

:)

arjfca, Apr 17, 2020

2. Win 10 USB Driver for connecting to CH340 serial to USB chip

I am trying to connect to an Arduino with a CH340 serial to USB chip via my USB port but the computer will not recognize it. I am reading up that it requires a USB driver update for it to work. However, I do not see anything that provides me with a driver
    for a Windows 10 PC that only has USB 3.0 ports. Is there a Microsoft USB driver update that will enable connectivity to these boards?

Arduino Uno R3 ATmega328P CH340G board.

Delirious35, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Win 10 USB Driver for connecting to CH340 serial to USB chip

I think I just discovered the answer to my own problem based on your feedback. While digging up the information for my response to your questions, I discovered the specific com port that Windows had assigned to the Arduino (USB-SERIAL CH340 (COM11)). I
    selected that specific Com port in the Arduino program...and behold, it connected and is working just fine!

Thank you for your willingness to help - it turns out that Windows already had the driver installed and the error was prominently located somewhere between the keyboard and deskchair... Installing USB-SERIAL CH340 drivers (Arduino) :)

Delirious35, Apr 17, 2020
  4. ruggb Win User

Windows won't install Arduino drivers

I have an Arduino Mega 2560 connected USB to a Windows 10 1607 14393-321 system.

The bd works fine on my laptop printing via Repetier Host. It shows up as a USB-SERIAL CH340 - ver 1607 14393-222
    On my desktop it used to work with ver 8. I upgraded to 12 and now Windows won't install the driver. HOWEVER, Windows also updated since prior to my Arduino update and since the last time I used it.
    I tried rolling back to Arduino ver 9 - same
    I tried installing ver 8 driver, no dice
    I tried driver1_CH340 and driver2_CH340
    driver1 didn't work at all and driver2 came back with an error after it at least tried.
    Anyone got an answer??? Is it Arduino or Windows???
    How do I roll back windows to 222?? It looks like KB3194798 is the update to uninstall.
    thx

ruggb, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Installing USB-SERIAL CH340 drivers (Arduino) - Similar Threads - Installing USB SERIAL

2. can't install ch340 driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't install ch340 driver: trying to install ch340 from my Screamer PCIe Squirrel data port but when trying installing says The driver is successfully pre installed in advance I don't see USB2.0-Serial...
  3. can't install ch340 driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't install ch340 driver: trying to install ch340 from my Screamer PCIe Squirrel data port but when trying installing says The driver is successfully pre installed in advance I don't see USB2.0-Serial...
  4. can't install ch340 driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB driver not communicating with Arduino IDE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB driver not communicating with Arduino IDE: I'm trying to upload code from the Arduino IDE to a board connected to my device via one of the USB ports. For some reason, I'm getting the message :avrdude: ser_open: can't open device "\\.\COM11": Access is denied.So it seems as though my USB driver I renamed it COM11 from...
  6. USB driver not communicating with Arduino IDE

USB driver not communicating with Arduino IDE: I'm trying to upload code from the Arduino IDE to a board connected to my device via one of the USB ports. For some reason, I'm getting the message :avrdude: ser_open: can't open device "\\.\COM11": Access is denied.So it seems as though my USB driver I renamed it COM11 from...
  7. How to install CH340 driver to my Windows 10 for interfacing Esp8266 D1 mini with Arduino...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install CH340 driver to my Windows 10 for interfacing Esp8266 D1 mini with Arduino...: I installed the CH340 drive despite of the system warning and faced blue screen and had to uninstall the driver and delete the driver folder. Now the issue is I am unable to read sensor values for i2c connection without the CH340 driver for my 8266 D1 mini Interestingly the...
  8. How to install CH340 driver to my Windows 10 for interfacing Esp8266 D1 mini with Arduino...

How to install CH340 driver to my Windows 10 for interfacing Esp8266 D1 mini with Arduino...: I installed the CH340 drive despite of the system warning and faced blue screen and had to uninstall the driver and delete the driver folder. Now the issue is I am unable to read sensor values for i2c connection without the CH340 driver for my 8266 D1 mini Interestingly the...
  9. How to install CH340 driver to my Windows 10 for interfacing Esp8266 D1 mini with Arduino...

10. Ch340 driver for arduino won't install.

Ch340 driver for arduino won't install.: Tried numerous times to install the CH340 driver for an Arduino Nano. Installation fails each time. All Arduinos worked fine on my previous computer. This brand new one has the latest windows 10 (21H1), so something is different. I'd like to know how to fix it. Any help or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb serial ch340 status data error

2. ch340 usb driver windows 10

3. driver ch340 windows 10