Windows 10: Installing using ISO upgrade to 10 from 7.1

Discus and support Installing using ISO upgrade to 10 from 7.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to go this route using the ISO from the media creation tool using a DVD disc..since I have heard that upgrading directly from Windows update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by legacy7955, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Installing using ISO upgrade to 10 from 7.1

I want to go this route using the ISO from the media creation tool using a DVD disc..since I have heard that
    upgrading directly from Windows update can give poor results. I basically want to wipe all other files off my
    PC except for the original factory items.

I notice that when you start to set up the download it has a question that says something like

"Use recommended settings for this PC."...I didn't realize the box was checked before I started to run the download...

I was going to use this download for another PC, and since it takes almost 12 hours or more to download windows 10 with my sloooow 768/128k DSL I hate to have to download it again....

Will I have problems if I use this ISO for another PC

I will be upgrading my OEM PCs. how do the ISO version function with OEM products?
    Will it keep the OEM factory programs and items that came with the PC when new or is it more of a clean install?

Thanks In Advance for answering my question.

:)

legacy7955, Jun 28, 2016

2. got 10 home not pro

If your computer came with 7.1 pro...just install 7.1 pro and then upgrade to 10 pro.

CincinnatiJoe, Jun 28, 2016
  3. Is it possible to install windows 10 on another hardrive in my pc?

I currently have windows 7.1, but obviously i am a little bit skeptical about windows 10.

I want to know if I can install my windows 10 free upgrade onto another hardrive in my pc without having to resort to iso's , cd's and usb's. Is there an option in the installation for windows 10, to install it on another drive?

PINE_SOLPOWER, Jun 28, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Installing using ISO upgrade to 10 from 7.1

The recommended settings for this PC select the language and bit level (32-bit/64-bit) and the edition of Windows 10 - regular Windows 10, N edition, Single Language Edition.

As long as both computer are on the same language, bit level and edition, the downloaded ISO will work on both. Home/Pro actually does not matter because any ISO of the current Windows 10 will contain both.

NavyLCDR, Jun 28, 2016
  5. Thanks for the clarification NavyLCRD.

Both OEMs are 64 bit and English. So everything should be OK.

legacy7955, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Installing using ISO upgrade to 10 from 7.1

1. Installing using ISO upgrade to 10 from 7.1 - Similar Threads - Installing using ISO

2. Upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 without Using ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 without Using ISO: Hi, I have Dell Inspiron 15 7000 with an I7 8th Gen with 16gb ram. I had to manual change the security setting for TPM in the BIOS after that my PC meets all the requirements based on the PC check, but for some reason the windows update is not recognizing the changes. Is...
  3. Upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 without Using ISO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 without Using ISO: Hi, I have Dell Inspiron 15 7000 with an I7 8th Gen with 16gb ram. I had to manual change the security setting for TPM in the BIOS after that my PC meets all the requirements based on the PC check, but for some reason the windows update is not recognizing the changes. Is...
  4. Upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 without Using ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 7 installs using usb iso install instead of windows 10

Windows 7 installs using usb iso install instead of windows 10: Every time I create a windows USB ISO from the Microsoft USB tool, windows 7 installs on the USB stick and not windows 10. I am trying to do a clean install of windows 10. Why won't the USB drive tool not install windows 10, which is the option I selected?...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on RAID 1 environment

Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on RAID 1 environment: i need to install windows 10 in my old windows 7 pc due to win 7 is done in 10 days,,,will installing win 10 delete the raid 1 volume in my pc...or should i delete the raid volume before i install win 10....i really need some help,,i cannot afford another pc yet so i have to...
  7. upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in RAID 1

upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in RAID 1: I have a Dell precision T3600 with RAID 1 configuration running Windows 7 Professional that I want to upgrade to Windows 10. My goal is to upgrade without loosing functionality. So, I have some questions. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 in the RAID 1 configuration following a...
  8. Upgrade to Windows 10 using ISO

Upgrade to Windows 10 using ISO: Hi, I don't have a lot of data at home so I downloaded the ISO at work. I tried a clean install but Windows won't accept my product key. Is it possible to bypass the download in Windows 8 and upgrade using the ISO I downloaded? Thank you. 9539
  9. Upgrading from 7 Pro using Techbench ISO - Product Key Required

Upgrading from 7 Pro using Techbench ISO - Product Key Required: Hi, I'm trying to upgrade a desktop Windows 7 Pro 64bit OEM, activated SP1, to Windows 10. I will have several machines to upgrade, and my fairly slow connection is capped except for overnight downloads, so I've downloaded the 64bit Techbench iso and burned it to DVD....
  10. Is 10 clean install with ISO just like a clean 7 install with ISO.

Is 10 clean install with ISO just like a clean 7 install with ISO.: I already upgraded to 10 but would like to do a clean install , it successfully activated . Thank you 16092