Windows 10: Installing Vc Runtime libraries causing windows installer and other programs to crash...

Discus and support Installing Vc Runtime libraries causing windows installer and other programs to crash... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I noticed a very strange issue with my PC today and maybe some one can provide some some insight before I take the drastic step of completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hamzIrf44, Feb 22, 2021.

1. hamzIrf44 Win User

Installing Vc Runtime libraries causing windows installer and other programs to crash...

I noticed a very strange issue with my PC today and maybe some one can provide some some insight before I take the drastic step of completely reinstalling windows for the fix. Whenever I install all the required Visual runtime libraries 2005 - 2017, and restart my pc, for some reason many of windows features begin crashing and I can no longer install programs and any program I try installing, freezes and crash upon launching the installer. The only way to fix the crashing is to completely uninstall all the visual runtime libraries. I've tried every fix I can think of including running a full sfc /scannow command, updating windows to latest version etc. Not sure what else is left, next step is to complete reinstall windows.

:)

hamzIrf44, Feb 22, 2021

2. VC runtime 14.12.25810 install hangs

I'm having an issue with running the latest VC 2017 runtime install (vc_redist.x86.exe). Previous versions didn't have an issue, but the latest (14.12.25810) seems to.
    Here's the problem:

I'm launching the vc_redist.x86.exe install from another program with the /passive /norestart command line parameters.

Sometimes the VC runtime install will hang (become non-responsive) for several minutes.

In the log file I find the following:
    MSI (s) (A4:E8) [14:29:57:505]: Product: Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x86 Minimum Runtime - 14.12.25810. The file C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msvcp140.dll is being used by the following process: Name: OfficeClickToRun
    , Id 7036.
    MSI (s) (A4:E8) [14:29:57:506]: Product: Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x86 Minimum Runtime - 14.12.25810. The file C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msvcp140.dll is being used by the following process: Name: explorer ,
    Id 4548.

It sounds like it can't install while those other processes are running. However, the previous versions of the VC runtime (e.g. 2015) didn't have this issue.

Has anyone else run across this and have a solution?

edtheprogrammerguy, Feb 22, 2021
  3. JayHolder Win User
    vc++ runtime redistributable problem

I have a new Windows 10 laptop, and I am trying to install a game from Origin. I get the following message - Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue (1602). I have tried a variety of solutions,
    including downloading the vc++ package directly from Microsoft, but I am unable to even do that. I have read that I can try deleting existing vc++ files and then reinstalling, but when I go to Programs and Features I do not see any Visual C++ Redistributable
    files listed. Please let me know what to try next.

JayHolder, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Cybot Win User

Installing Vc Runtime libraries causing windows installer and other programs to crash...

need specific VC redist packages for repair of installed vc redist packages

I have discovered that i have a damaged VC redist package, on my system, which may or may not be causing some of the issues i have been having recently. the Packages are listed in the apps & features as:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Additional Runtime - 11.0.61030

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.61030

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Additional Runtime - 12.0.21005

i have tried searching with google and have even downloaded a couple of vc redist packages from the ms download site, but i cant seem to find the right version to perform the needed repairs. the version I found online I already had installed, and did not
    need repairs. The ones listed above as needing repairs have both the modify and uninstall buttons greyed out, so simply uninstalling them is not possible. I have absolutely no idea which program installed or needs those particular version of the vc redists.
    If someone - anyone, can provide me with links for downloading those versions listed above of the redist packages, i would be ever so grateful.

Cybot, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Installing Vc Runtime libraries causing windows installer and other programs to crash... - Similar Threads - Installing Runtime libraries

2. What's causing the same VC++ Runtime Library error popup on bootup?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What's causing the same VC++ Runtime Library error popup on bootup?: Since "patch Tuesday's" update two weeks ago, every time I boot up my Windows 10 computer, the following error popup show up in the middle of my screen.Any ideas what's causing it? No changes to my system other than the update. Never saw it before.Thanks....
  3. What's causing the same VC++ Runtime Library error popup on bootup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's causing the same VC++ Runtime Library error popup on bootup?: Since "patch Tuesday's" update two weeks ago, every time I boot up my Windows 10 computer, the following error popup show up in the middle of my screen.Any ideas what's causing it? No changes to my system other than the update. Never saw it before.Thanks....
  4. What's causing the same VC++ Runtime Library error popup on bootup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. .NET and VC runtimes for Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET and VC runtimes for Windows 7: Hello all, As you may know, Windows 7 does not have as much built-in .NET and VC support. This means many programs simply WILL NOT RUN under Windows 7 even though they can. I am looking for ALL of the commonly used .NET and VC runtime dependencies....
  6. .NET and VC runtimes for Windows 7

.NET and VC runtimes for Windows 7: Hello all, As you may know, Windows 7 does not have as much built-in .NET and VC support. This means many programs simply WILL NOT RUN under Windows 7 even though they can. I am looking for ALL of the commonly used .NET and VC runtime dependencies....
  7. vc redist failing to install

vc redist failing to install: Could someone explain what went wrong with the vc redist installation. Here's the logs=== Verbose logging started: 10/7/2022 3:18:11 Build type: SHIP UNICODE 5.00.10011.00 Calling process: C:\windows\Temp\{0A77A35B-D828-4309-8792-B8A83185C19F}\.be\VC_redist.x64.exe === MSI c...
  8. Can't install VC++ 2015

Can't install VC++ 2015: can't install windows vc ++ 2015 error 0x80070057[33B0:1F0C][2022-02-02T21:57:20]i001: Burn v3.7.3813.0, Windows v10.0 Build 19043: Service Pack 0, path: C:\Users\Marco\Downloads\VC_redist.x64 1.exe, cmdline: '' [33B0:1F0C][2022-02-02T21:57:20]i000: Setting string variable...
  9. Some programs want me to locate vc minimum runtime to install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some programs want me to locate vc minimum runtime to install.: How do I find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/some-programs-want-me-to-locate-vc-minimum-runtime/ddad6fd6-eb84-4fd9-b28c-326df5e437f6
  10. Bitmeter2 .net runtime library is not installed, do you want to instal

Bitmeter2 .net runtime library is not installed, do you want to instal: Bitmeter2 installation: When trying to install bitmeter2 I get this error message: .net runtime library is not installed, do you want to install it? If I say YES it directs me to a website that gives me an error message. So I go directly to Microsoft .net download site...