Windows 10: Installing Visio 2002 in Sandbox

Discus and support Installing Visio 2002 in Sandbox in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just an interesting observation: Visio 2002 is nominally not compatible with Windows 10 although I have been able to install it. The end result is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TTrout, Sep 8, 2019.

1. TTrout Win User

Installing Visio 2002 in Sandbox

Just an interesting observation: Visio 2002 is nominally not compatible with Windows 10 although I have been able to install it. The end result is problematic - doesn't work on my desktop system but does work on my laptop. While I've moved to Visio 2010 I thought I'd try 2002 in the Sandbox because it has some some features not available in 2010 Standard (e.g., database reverse engineering).

Sandbox, however does not like Visio 2002. I created a .wsb file that pointed to a USB drive that contained a copy of the installation CD. That didn't work because Sandbox did not recognize setup.exe as a verifiable installation - please contact provider kind of thing. If the .wsb file pointed to the CD I got a real live error code.

I don't really need to have Visio 2002; there are other ways to do what I need to do. I just thought it interesting that Windows 10 Sandbox behaves differently than Windows 10, even with a Microsoft application.

BTW, not sure which Window topic applies for Sandbox.

:)

TTrout, Sep 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 Auto Updates -Visio 2002 Service Pack 2

I had a similar issue after installing Visio 2002 Pro with Windows 10. I then downloaded the 2002 Update directly from the Microsoft site. To install I was asked for the Service Release I Patch CD (which I had previously installed from the CD) and the original
    installation CD. The SP2 update was installed successfully. I then checked Windows update and further Visio 2002 updates and patches were then downloaded and successfully installed.

Andrew Knorr, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Visio 2013

Hi 1dickroche

First step is to uninstall Visio 2013 from the current computer it is installed on.

Click Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Scroll through the list

Select Visio 2013

Click Uninstall

Proceed to install Visio 2013 on the new computer

If you don't have the reinstall media for Visio 2013, you can download it from the following link:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/instal...

After reinstall Visio, you will likely need to contact support to reactivate it since it was previously installed and in use on another computer.

Microsoft Support

Andre for Directly, Sep 8, 2019
  4. gobuzz Win User

Windows 10 Auto Updates -Visio 2002 Service Pack 2

Microsoft has screwed up again. I had a perfectly good running machine running 8.2. Microsoft keeps downloading visio 2002 service pack 2, keeps failing to install, relentlessly forced updates is slowing my pc down. I will have to uninstall visio. Damn
    it Microsoft, the user should pick and choose what and when. How do I stop this download, over and over and over.

gobuzz, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Installing Visio 2002 in Sandbox - Similar Threads - Installing Visio 2002

2. Word 2002

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word 2002: I am using Word 2002 in Windows 10. It has worked great but yesterday the "Spell Check" function disappeared. Nothing new was installed or downloaded other than Windows 10 updates that does so automatically. How do I get Spell Check back? If this requires reinstallation of...
  3. Word 2002

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word 2002: I am using Word 2002 in Windows 10. It has worked great but yesterday the "Spell Check" function disappeared. Nothing new was installed or downloaded other than Windows 10 updates that does so automatically. How do I get Spell Check back? If this requires reinstallation of...
  4. Word 2002

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Install Visio problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Visio problem.: Dear, I have purchased a visio program from an external provider. I can't install the program and get no support from them.This is the website: https://licentiepromo.be/I have tried to install under windows 8, but it doesn't work either....
  6. Install Visio problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Visio problem.: Dear, I have purchased a visio program from an external provider. I can't install the program and get no support from them.This is the website: https://licentiepromo.be/I have tried to install under windows 8, but it doesn't work either....
  7. Error 2002

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error 2002: error 2002 hy000 can't connect to local mysql server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-2002/9cce500e-f295-4cca-a3d1-273327a3dc22
  8. Re-install Visio Pro 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-install Visio Pro 2016: My hard drive failed, had to install a new hard drive in same computer. Have the Visio 2016 Pro DVD and product Key, but says the program is already in use. How do I deactivate Visio from old system? James...
  9. Visio standard installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visio standard installing: I tried to install Visio Standard on a Mac laptop. Got error message Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visio-standard-installing/ca111fb4-ad82-495d-ab1a-4cc8fb22d65a
  10. Microsoft Visio

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Visio: I purchased MS Visio in South Africa but now live in Spain. When I enter the product key in my new laptop I get an error message saying the product key didn't work, with a code Ox80041023. Any ideas how to activate the product key in the new country...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install visio 2002 on windows 10