Windows 10: Installing Visual Studio triggers BSOD and stuck at 100%

Discus and support Installing Visual Studio triggers BSOD and stuck at 100% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [IMG] I was installing VS enterprise 2017 it triggered bsod and now stuck at this blue screen for hours. That happened before as well when ever I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shajal, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Shajal Win User

Installing Visual Studio triggers BSOD and stuck at 100%

Installing Visual Studio triggers BSOD and stuck at 100% [​IMG]

I was installing VS enterprise 2017 it triggered bsod and now stuck at this blue screen for hours. That happened before as well when ever I try to install VS its triggering BSOD before I forced to restart then I had to reinstall windows. Now I af afraid of force shutdown this screen it may again trigger BSOD critical Process died. How can I get rid of this and Why VS installation triggering this. I have 16gb ram. Tested the rams as well they are all okay.

:)

Shajal, Oct 14, 2018
  2. louis14 Win User

bsod's after installation visual studio express

my restore point solved my bsod problem but ofcourse it also uninstalled visual studio
    until now I didn't yet reinstall visual studio
    I've read that the possible cause of a user mode application can be that it trigger a driver as a bug

louis14, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Supporting JUnit 5 in Visual Studio Code

Source: Supporting JUnit 5 in Visual Studio Code | The Visual Studio Blog

Brink, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Linney Win User

visual studio

If you start uninstalling bits and pieces then some parts of the program, or older programs, may fail to work properly. Did you select all these so called extras or were they installed automatically. If the latter then you may need them?

Visual Studio 2015 System Requirements

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/visual-studio-2015-system-requirements-vs.aspx

"In Visual Studio 2015, Visual C++ is not installed by default. When installing, be sure to choose Custom installation and then choose the C++ components you require. Or, if Visual Studio is already installed, choose File | New | Project | C++ and you will
    be prompted to install the necessary components."

Visual C++ in Visual Studio 2015

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-au/library/60k1461a.aspx

Make the Visual Studio installer more customizable

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/...the-visual-studio-installer-more-customizable

Linney, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Installing Visual Studio triggers BSOD and stuck at 100% - Similar Threads - Installing Visual Studio

2. visual studio installation error:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    visual studio installation error:: Hi everyone! Im facing problem in visual studio installlation as everytime it gives error "this product is not supported by this version of window".currently im using windows 10pro and i have also updated as per visual studio suggestion but could get solve it>...
  3. Can’t install Visual Studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t install Visual Studio: Good evening to the community,I am currently trying to install Visual Studio Community 2022 on a Windows 10 Enterprise machine. It is running the newest version of Windows. When trying to install it from the Microsoft Store it says that my organization used Windows App...
  4. Can’t install Visual Studio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t install Visual Studio: Good evening to the community,I am currently trying to install Visual Studio Community 2022 on a Windows 10 Enterprise machine. It is running the newest version of Windows. When trying to install it from the Microsoft Store it says that my organization used Windows App...
  5. BSOD while installing Unreal ENgine, Visual studio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while installing Unreal ENgine, Visual studio: Hi, My new system is working fine for browsing and BSOD while installing applications like Unreal Engine, Visual studio etc., Drivers are upto date. Manually installed nvidia drivers, BIOS drivers etc., too and did a windows update also. Having 500GB SSD, 1 TB SATA,...
  6. Microsoft Visual Studio Installer Stuck

Microsoft Visual Studio Installer Stuck: my microsoft visual studio installer is stuck at this stage. i used to have it earlier but then i had deleted it long time back. now when i go to the installer website it downloaded the file but when i click on it i gt stuck on thisimage shared below. i have tried to...
  7. Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 stuck on installation at 98%

Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 stuck on installation at 98%: Started installation over 2 hours ago. Main log file has shown no activity for over 1 hour. Stuck at 98% on Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 preparation. Don't want to cancel as it'll delete everything that has been installed so far. Has used up 30 gigs of the system drive for...
  8. Installation of visual studio.

Installation of visual studio.: Please someone ask me how to install visual studio. And prepare it for c/c++ Programming. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-visual-studio/b2351f20-7e97-44c7-81dd-655150b1e976
  9. Visual Studio Installer

Visual Studio Installer: I noticed this after clicked Visual Studio Installer on screen that is taking forever. Is that normal for this " fetching your files " So far already have 1.67 MB downloading of 67.25 MB. Is there another way to install quicker than this. More likely will see this a whole day...
  10. bsod's after installation visual studio express

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod's after installation visual studio express: On windows 10 after the installation of visual studio express called community 2015 I got regurarly a bsod when I logged in my sleeping laptop.How is this possible?Because visual studio is a user mode application. my minidump directory is empty: I have the impression the...