Windows 10: Installing vmware workstation pro error

Discus and support Installing vmware workstation pro error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to install app name VMware workstation pro from edge but when i am running the setup,it shows me"an error occurred while attempting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DayLearner87890, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Installing vmware workstation pro error

I am trying to install app name VMware workstation pro from edge but when i am running the setup,it shows me"an error occurred while attempting to create directory: C:\Users\Public\Desktop" please help

:)

DayLearner87890, Aug 11, 2018
  2. PKMishra Win User

Vmware workstation 7 stoped working after upgrade from Win7SP1 to Win10

Upgrade was perfect for all applications. But VMware workstation 7.1.6 went through the upgrade process but the VMs on the machine did not restart giving memory error. Reinstalled the software, VMs still do not start saying the "Authorization Service not
    started. Tried to install latest VMware Player 12, (VMware claims it runs on Win10), even that did not start. Both VMware 7.1.6 and VMware player 12 during installation gave an apparently non-fatal error message pertaining to "IRQL_NOT_LESS_NOT_EQUAL". Running
    Win10 Pro 64-bit with latest updates. Any suggestion to make VMware 7.1.6 work is welcome - PKM

PKMishra, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Installing VMWare workstation pro on Windows 10 Home Edition

Hello,

You might be experiencing this issue because the installer is not running with administrator rights. The installer might need these rights to make changes. In line with this, let's try running the installer with administrator rights. Here's how:

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to the VMWare Workstation Pro installation folder. (If you have downloaded it from the Internet, it might be located in the Downloads folder.)

2. Look for the installer executable file (ie. setup.exe) and right-click on it.

3. Choose Run As Administrator.

4. If you see a User Account Control prompt, accept it.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reach out to VMWare for further support. Here is their official support article about this error:
    Setup cannot continue. The Microsoft Runtime DLL installer failed. Regarding the Virtual box error, we also recommend that you reach out to Virtual box support.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Installing vmware workstation pro error

Installing VMWare workstation pro on Windows 10 Home Edition

I have tried installing VMWare workstation pro on my Windows 10 Home edition.But it gives an error "Setup cannot continue.Microsoft DLL installer has stopped installation" I dont know where it is going wrong.I have also checked the windows installer in services
    it is set to manual but still the problem persist.I have also tried Virtual box,it was installed correctly but it cannot boot the ubuntu os on it says"Uncompression Error. Sysytem Halted".Since i have the home edition i cant install hyper-v also.Please help
    me out as soon as possible.

Thanks

ShahbazQuasimKhan, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Installing vmware workstation pro error

1. Installing vmware workstation pro error - Similar Threads - Installing vmware workstation

2. Strange screen tearing in VMware Workstation Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange screen tearing in VMware Workstation Pro: So I ran a Windows 10 LTSC and Windows 11 VM on my laptop. It started to glitch and have screen tearing when moving windows around I have VMware tools installed.It happens when I am not in fullscreen mode and in exclusive mode but not in full screen mode with the toolbar not...
  3. Strange screen tearing in VMware Workstation Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange screen tearing in VMware Workstation Pro: So I ran a Windows 10 LTSC and Windows 11 VM on my laptop. It started to glitch and have screen tearing when moving windows around I have VMware tools installed.It happens when I am not in fullscreen mode and in exclusive mode but not in full screen mode with the toolbar not...
  4. Problem with VMware Workstation 16 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with VMware Workstation 16 Pro: This program was working perfectly fine a few months ago and after updating Windows 10 now is not working. What is the problem? Is there going to be a Fix soon?...
  5. Error install VMWare Workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error install VMWare Workstation: [ATTACH] Dear Sir or Madam --------------------- I would like to ask you when i install VMWare workstation Pro 15 on Window10 64bit. it show message like that "this installer requires you to restart your system to finish installing microsoft vc redistributable." Pls...
  6. Can't open VMware Workstation Pro 15

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open VMware Workstation Pro 15: Hi there, I downloaded VMware workstation pro a few days ago & I am not able to open it. When I try to, windows basically tells me that VMware Workstation Pro couldn't be run under windows and that I should look for updates. After a bit of research if found out that this...
  7. Issue with installing VMware Workstation Pro for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with installing VMware Workstation Pro for Windows: I am trying to install app name VMware workstation pro from edge but when i am running the setup,it shows me"an error occurred while attempting to create directory: C:\Users\Public\Desktop" please help�� Hey Guys, on you windows defender settings, under "ransomware...
  8. Problems Installing Windows 10 Pro in VMware Workstation 15

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Problems Installing Windows 10 Pro in VMware Workstation 15: [img] [img] Hi. I am having an issue installing Windows 10 Pro x64 in VMware Workstation Player 15. Attached are screen shots of the errors I get. My operating system is Windows 7 Pro. I've tried several ways of doing so, the final being...
  9. Device Guard + VMware Workstation Pro 12.5

Device Guard + VMware Workstation Pro 12.5: Hi All I'm hoping someone who knows something about Device Guard and virtualisation can help me with a question I have. I recently rebuilt my desktop with Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit Creators Update. I use VMware Workstation Pro 12.5 daily for my work from home. One...
  10. vmware workstation 12.5.2

vmware workstation 12.5.2: Hi folks If you are running Linux Hosts this version of VMWARE workstation (and similar release of vmplayer) seems to have fixed problems of "wobbly mouse" etc -- also when scrolling inside the GUEST in windowed mode --I.E Windowed mode WITHIN the guest the scroll is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vmware workstation pro setup error occured while attempting to create the directory

2. an error occurred while attempting to create directory vm workstation