Windows 10: Installing VS with 2 drives

Discus and support Installing VS with 2 drives in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a computer with a 128Gb ssd and a 1tb hdd, and I don't really know how to install visual studio. The dotnet repository has to be in the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jelly_frog, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Installing VS with 2 drives

So I have a computer with a 128Gb ssd and a 1tb hdd, and I don't really know how to install visual studio. The dotnet repository has to be in the same partition as the windows installation, but I cannot fit visual studio on it as well. When I try to move just the source file (where VS projects are stored) over to the other drive, it says access is denied with no error code. idk maybe I'm just dumb but could I move the users folder to the other partition instead of the entire installation?

submitted by /u/Jelly_frog
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jelly_frog, Jan 13, 2021
  2. little cat, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Vista Beta 2 Installed

Well first I defragged the drive, then go into partition magic and select "create a new partition" and make sure it is "after c:"

Then click the rest of the way through the menus, and in the lower left there is a list of pending activites and click "apply" and you will have to restart and before windows boots partition magic does its thing.

wazzledoozle, Jan 13, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

Installing VS with 2 drives

Wondering about a second hard drive and installing Vista on it and also a ..

Annoying having to go into the bios each time though. And for me not a option unless i run 2 arrays.

AsRock, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Installing VS with 2 drives

1. Installing VS with 2 drives - Similar Threads - Installing drives

2. Installed windows to and booted to a new drive and lost access to everything, except the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed windows to and booted to a new drive and lost access to everything, except the...: So this is a bit of a situation I've got myself into, and I've scoured the internet and can't seem to find any help. So I had my windows installed onto an SSD along with some games and most of my files on a hard drive, and I also had an unused SSD as well that was empty....
  3. Windows setup couldn't find a hard drive to store temporary installation files to. Add a...

Windows setup couldn't find a hard drive to store temporary installation files to. Add a...: My laptop was corrupted. Last night I tried to format by installing windows 10 using bootable usb. What I did is delete all partition and proceed next, it works. After completing some things, it reboot. I didn't do anything, I just wait until it freshlh installed. But...
  4. Installed M.2 drive is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed M.2 drive is not recognized: I installed a new WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB Internal SSD - SATA III -WDS100T2B0B onto a GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel Z170. Windows doesn't recognize the drive but it does appear in my BIOS. so far what troubleshooting I've done through the MB data...
  5. Will a clean install from Windows 10 Installation Media USB Drive reinstall the WindowsApps...

Will a clean install from Windows 10 Installation Media USB Drive reinstall the WindowsApps...: I have already tried a System Restore, and then a PC Reset. After resetting, the WindowsApps folder reappeared, but was empty. Even the Microsoft Store app and Clock app did not exist anywhere on my laptop. I need to know if a clean install will reinstall all the standard...
  6. Windows fresh Install with the same Programs and Drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows fresh Install with the same Programs and Drives: Hello guys I will be getting a new SSD and i want to do a clean Windows Install on it. But I want to save all my Program Files and Windows Settings and drives. Can you recommend me a way, or a Program to back up everything on my secondary Hardrive. Thank you! submitted by...
  7. all these files just showed up on my e: drive (windows is installed on my c: drive) is it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    all these files just showed up on my e: drive (windows is installed on my c: drive) is it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sea_For [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l1o9yy/all_these_files_just_showed_up_on_my_e_drive/
  8. Product key when resetting PC with fresh installation from USB drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key when resetting PC with fresh installation from USB drive: Dear community, I have severe issues because of the chkdsk bug in KB4592438 and thus likely need to do a clean install from a USB stick as outlinedhere. However, I am unsure how the activation code will work. I bought the Lenovo Yoga C940 with preinstalled Windows 10 I...
  9. Idk how my c drive becomes full without me installing anything in it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Idk how my c drive becomes full without me installing anything in it: My c drive which is the SSD fills up without me installing anything in it all my games or on the d drive which is the HDD[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/idk-how-my-c-drive-becomes-full-without-me/627b78ba-b188-4869-980b-f1aa8e652d83
  10. Need help resolving "Device Not MIgrated" error adding a drive to a Win10 x64 installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help resolving "Device Not MIgrated" error adding a drive to a Win10 x64 installation: I have recently added a 2nd SSD drive to a Win10 x64 system build 19042.746 running an older Asus Z87-A motherboard / Core I-7 to make my VMs perform better than on the main mechanical spinning drive. It was added to a vacant SATA port and assigned V: and is an exact...