Windows 10: Installing VS with 2 drives

Discus and support Installing VS with 2 drives in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a computer with a 128Gb ssd and a 1tb hdd, and I don't really know how to install visual studio. The dotnet repository has to be in the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jelly_frog, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Installing VS with 2 drives

So I have a computer with a 128Gb ssd and a 1tb hdd, and I don't really know how to install visual studio. The dotnet repository has to be in the same partition as the windows installation, but I cannot fit visual studio on it as well. When I try to move just the source file (where VS projects are stored) over to the other drive, it says access is denied with no error code. idk maybe I'm just dumb but could I move the users folder to the other partition instead of the entire installation?

submitted by /u/Jelly_frog
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jelly_frog, Jan 13, 2021
  2. little cat, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Vista Beta 2 Installed

Well first I defragged the drive, then go into partition magic and select "create a new partition" and make sure it is "after c:"

Then click the rest of the way through the menus, and in the lower left there is a list of pending activites and click "apply" and you will have to restart and before windows boots partition magic does its thing.

wazzledoozle, Jan 13, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

Installing VS with 2 drives

Wondering about a second hard drive and installing Vista on it and also a ..

Annoying having to go into the bios each time though. And for me not a option unless i run 2 arrays.

AsRock, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Installing VS with 2 drives

1. Installing VS with 2 drives - Similar Threads - Installing drives

2. After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive:: After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive eg when trying to play track via iTunes I can "see" the NAS drive on the network but get this msg if I try to play a track: "Windows cannot access \\DiskStation\Music. You do not have permission...
  3. After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive:: After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive eg when trying to play track via iTunes I can "see" the NAS drive on the network but get this msg if I try to play a track: "Windows cannot access \\DiskStation\Music. You do not have permission...
  4. After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  6. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  7. how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer: i want to install windows 11 on my old computer that crashed its a acer a5 will it be compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-a-windows-11-onto-a-flash-drive-to/9fe2d056-8501-4d39-bdf7-cf27cfcfacfa
  8. how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer

how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer: i want to install windows 11 on my old computer that crashed its a acer a5 will it be compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-a-windows-11-onto-a-flash-drive-to/9fe2d056-8501-4d39-bdf7-cf27cfcfacfa
  9. Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?: I have a new PC and salavaged my old hard drive, have put it in a new case and it connects now externally via USB.Is there any way I can run the Windows install on that drive seperately on my new PC?...
  10. Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?

Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?: I have a new PC and salavaged my old hard drive, have put it in a new case and it connects now externally via USB.Is there any way I can run the Windows install on that drive seperately on my new PC?...