Windows 10: Installing w10 to specific folder or drive

Discus and support Installing w10 to specific folder or drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to separate my games to my os. I want to put all my game at my sd drive and the files and windows 10 on the hdd. Is it possible to move the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ZaiLudwig, Apr 24, 2022.

1. ZaiLudwig Win User

Installing w10 to specific folder or drive

I want to separate my games to my os. I want to put all my game at my sd drive and the files and windows 10 on the hdd. Is it possible to move the files or install office on specific place?Thanks in advance.

:)

ZaiLudwig, Apr 24, 2022

2. Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

Carlos: Thanks for your reply. What you suggest is what I have been doing. I search for folders with a specific name and get a list. Then I have to search each folder for a specific file. So it's a two step search and that's what I was trying to avoid.

I assume there are applications out there that allow for an "AND" search in Windows. I'll try that approach.

Thanks, again.

MarkMcDonough45, Apr 24, 2022
  3. little cat, Apr 24, 2022
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Install heavy games to an specific folder

Hi Antonio,

To further isolate the issue, please provide the details of these following questions:

• What do you mean by throwing the folders on the hard drive root?

• Is changing the
      file location not working?

When you need to reinstall your OS, we suggest that you backup the games, files, and folders to avoid re-downloading
    or losing them. Just right-click the application > file location > copy everything and paste it to your removable device or SSDfor
    the application.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Installing w10 to specific folder or drive - Similar Threads - Installing w10 specific

2. cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive: Helloso the computer crashed a few days ago. and i've reinstalled windows 10 on it and joined it back to the domain.Now when we search in a specific folder on the shared drive we will nog get any results... With an other computer with the same user we can get search results...
  3. cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive: Helloso the computer crashed a few days ago. and i've reinstalled windows 10 on it and joined it back to the domain.Now when we search in a specific folder on the shared drive we will nog get any results... With an other computer with the same user we can get search results...
  4. Installing w10 to specific folder or drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing w10 to specific folder or drive: I want to separate my games to my os. I want to put all my game at my sd drive and the files and windows 10 on the hdd. Is it possible to move the files or install office on specific place?Thanks in advance....
  5. Installing w10 to specific folder or drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing w10 to specific folder or drive: I want to separate my games to my os. I want to put all my game at my sd drive and the files and windows 10 on the hdd. Is it possible to move the files or install office on specific place?Thanks in advance....
  6. How would I install Windows 10 in a specific folder on a drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How would I install Windows 10 in a specific folder on a drive?: Thinking about getting a new PC with a single drive and I’m trying to separate the Windows installation folders from my games. Is it possible to do this?...
  7. How would I install Windows 10 in a specific folder on a drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How would I install Windows 10 in a specific folder on a drive?: Thinking about getting a new PC with a single drive and I’m trying to separate the Windows installation folders from my games. Is it possible to do this?...
  8. How would I install Windows 10 in a specific folder on a drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Installing a specific game to a specific drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installing a specific game to a specific drive: Short version: MS Store installs to and launches from C: HDD, I want it to do all that from my E: SSD. Longer version: I recently bought The Outer Worlds on the MS Store. It automatically downloaded to my C: HDD, but I wanted it on my E: SSD. After attempting to move the...
  10. stop W10 installing specific driver during installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    stop W10 installing specific driver during installation?: During a totally clean install on a freshly formatted HDD, is it possible to stop W10 installing a specific problem driver ? Somehow, W10 manages to install an Atheros WiFi driver before the install procedure finishes and this problem driver is causing such high system...