Windows 10: installing w10 update KB4512508 cab file though dism doesn't update installed updates list

Discus and support installing w10 update KB4512508 cab file though dism doesn't update installed updates list in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My w10 update KB4512508 was stuck so I installed its downloaded cab file though dism command. my winver version is showing 1903 (18362.295) However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VSRawat, Aug 25, 2019.

1. VSRawat Win User

installing w10 update KB4512508 cab file though dism doesn't update installed updates list

My w10 update KB4512508 was stuck so I installed its downloaded cab file though dism command.

my winver version is showing 1903 (18362.295)

However that is not update installed updates list shown by Settings.

installing w10 update KB4512508 cab file though dism doesn't update installed updates list 06dc8ba2-8c9a-4325-9480-d7dd24dcb6fd?upload=true.jpg

It is still showing KB4512508 as "stuck", meaning 1. failed to install twice, and 2. update pending for restart.

It is odd. MS should make dism installed updates get reflected correctly in the Settings update lists.

Thanks.

:)

VSRawat, Aug 25, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Backup Vista Installed Updates?

its quite a pain to do, but if you at least get the big ones (service packs, drivers) and store them aside, you save a lot of hassle.

I believe there's a vista tweaks thread on here somewhere, and i recall seeing a link to a list of downloadable install files for vista updates in someones signature.

Mussels, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Windows updates won't install!

I'll check that out.

I had read that. However the problem MS is addressing there is when the update client files of the pc don't recognise that the pc is not updated and hence don't download the updates. My updates download fine. In fact I'm even getting downloaded updates which I do not need (win2000, vista, server...) The problem is getting the correct updates installed...

For example, I'm getting KB933729 in my list. That's for Vista!

Black Panther, Aug 25, 2019
  4. jds21 Win User

installing w10 update KB4512508 cab file though dism doesn't update installed updates list

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

1. installing w10 update KB4512508 cab file though dism doesn't update installed updates list - Similar Threads - installing w10 update

2. Manual update using DISM: works for MSU files, fails for CAB files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manual update using DISM: works for MSU files, fails for CAB files: My Windows 11 install is for some reason disabling the entire USB system, even though everything works when booting from a USB. Using DriverQuery, I confirmed that the new desktop has all the drivers that are working normally when booting from USB though the drivers for the...
  3. Manual update using DISM: works for MSU files, fails for CAB files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manual update using DISM: works for MSU files, fails for CAB files: My Windows 11 install is for some reason disabling the entire USB system, even though everything works when booting from a USB. Using DriverQuery, I confirmed that the new desktop has all the drivers that are working normally when booting from USB though the drivers for the...
  4. Cant install windows dynamic update (.cab file[KB4579919])

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant install windows dynamic update (.cab file[KB4579919]): Hello, last few days I had struggle installing latest windows dynamic update for windows 1909. Currently I am on latest build for 1909 (KB4577671), but I have tried installing the .cab update also on older builds of 1909. Update is in form of .cab file, so I was using dism...
  5. Cant install windows dynamic update .cab file[KB4579919]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant install windows dynamic update .cab file[KB4579919]: Hello, last few days I had struggle installing latest windows dynamic update for windows 1909. Currently I am on latest build for 1909 KB4577671, but I have tried installing the .cab update also on older builds of 1909. Update is in form of .cab file, so I was using dism...
  6. Unable to install Office KB update cab

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Office KB update cab: I downloaded Office 2013 updates .cab files, but when I attempted to install them using below command notation, it returns error indicating it can't find the file. Ran from admin cmd prompt and verified admin account has folder/file permissions. Behaves as if file is not...
  7. Installing update cab file

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing update cab file: Hello, I am trying to install an update in .cab format, "KB4519337". Searched the net how to install such update, and whatever I did, the answer was an error "could not find or open the file". Renamed the file's name to be a short name, copies it to C folder, always could not...
  8. installing drivers from the update catalog (cab files format)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    installing drivers from the update catalog (cab files format): hi Microsoft: I installed two drivers I downloaded from the update catalog. They are in cab format. I extracted the two files and it created two folders. I opened both and when I saw files that states, setup information under type, I right clicked on it and clicked on...
  9. Windows 10 update cab file Installer.

Windows 10 update cab file Installer.: Problems with Windows 10 Updates are an ongoing issue now. and the possible solution to overcome this is by downloading the updates manually from the Microsoft®Update Catalog or using tools like WHDownloader (formerly Windows Hotfix Downloader) The issue is that some...
  10. Infos on how to install an update patch manually (.cab file)

Infos on how to install an update patch manually (.cab file): Hello everybody, I need help on how to install manually a patch which seems to be quite essential to upgrade my 16gb tablet to the 1511 build of windows 10: the patch is KB3124260 and I downloaded manually the .cab file from the official support site, but I have no...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. cant install KB4512508 manually

3. Windows10.0-KB4512508-x64.cab

4. kb4512508 manually install,
  5. microsoft office 2013 cab files not installing via dism