Windows 10: Installing Win 10 Enterprise on a leased laptop

Discus and support Installing Win 10 Enterprise on a leased laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My business leases laptops from a leasing company and we would like to purchase Windows 10 Enterprise and install it on the leased laptops (we have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Aleleein, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Aleleein Win User

Installing Win 10 Enterprise on a leased laptop

My business leases laptops from a leasing company and we would like to purchase Windows 10 Enterprise and install it on the leased laptops (we have the option of leasing the laptops with Ubuntu at no extra charge), however we're being told that Microsoft wont allow Windows 10 Enterprise to be installed on a leased laptop.

Is this correct?

My interpretation from reading the info at https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/licensing/product-licensing/rental-rights is that the leasing company can't lease the laptops with Windows 10 Enterprise, but instead can only put Professional on them, but I dont see why we couldnt put Windows 10 Enterprise on the laptops ourselves.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

:)

Aleleein, Nov 6, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Ever bought your company laptop ? (Leased laptop after 3 years)

Hello
    I'm on my first long time job been in this company for a 2 long years. Now they are soon replacing leased laptops.
    The leasing firm said the company's laptop price after 3 years lease is only 10-15% out of list price.
    HP ZBooks sells as new for 2000-3000€(euro) list price.
    if 10%=200-300€
    if 15%=300-450€

We have (2014 year) ZBooks 15" CPU=i7(4th) 4800MQ, GPU=K2100M.
    Worth to buy for such price ? 200-450€ ?
    What is the reasonable price for such today ?

user33331, Nov 6, 2018
  3. RCoon Win User
    Ever bought your company laptop ? (Leased laptop after 3 years)

That's laughable. I'd expect 20% off the day it was removed from the box and 10% depreciation each year. The lease company is trying to fleece you because they know the old laptops are gonna go to auction and fetch far, far less.

For a 3 year old laptop at £3000 new I'd expect to pay less than £1700.

RCoon, Nov 6, 2018
  4. meijereh Win User

windows 10 enterprise updates not installing on private laptop

I bought a HP laptop via the internet and it came with windows 10 enterprise (no idea why) The problem with enterprise is that it will not install any updates, it keeps telling me to contact the system manager. If there is a solution for that I can keep the enterprise version. Any suggestions?
    Otherwise I would like to downgrade to Windows 10 professional or home. What are the options for that?

meijereh, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Installing Win 10 Enterprise on a leased laptop - Similar Threads - Installing Enterprise leased

2. win 10 Enterprise error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 Enterprise error: Following Error occured what to do ?? system ,win graphic card everything is uptodate. Its brand new system!!!! Source Windows Summary Hardware error Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name:...
  3. Win 10 enterprise Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 enterprise Error: I have win 10 enterprise LTSC and it just freeze up nothing works keyboard mouse and I found this following error.I tried uninstall and install graphic card driver and my win 10 is up to date and also clean formatted and check the issue. after full format it works same!! same...
  4. Win 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Enterprise: I have more than 15 new system brand new Fresh installation ,and almost all system freeze/hang up keyboard mouse even not working i couldn't find out any reason related to hardware/software.I found this logs in event logger, Is it related to that or what is the reason of...
  5. win 10 enterprise and 4.8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 enterprise and 4.8: Hi Folks, So ..... new job and new laptop - fresh install of Win 10 Enterprise build 10240 last night - Lenvovo G50-80 so OK but not great but anyway ...... I need to get .net 4.8 on the laptop from a dependency of a piece of software I need to install. Windows says not...
  6. Win 10 Enterprise activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Enterprise activation: Hi There, I bought a used pc with Win 10 Enterprise installed and now I realise that the activation isnt valid how can I get an activation for this or is a fresh install of Win 10 the only option ? the orginal owner of the pc has gone bust !...
  7. Bought Win 10 Pro, but laptop now says Win 10 Enterprise.

Bought Win 10 Pro, but laptop now says Win 10 Enterprise.: I just bought a new laptop. When it arrived I did all the updates then went to the microsoft store and upgraded to Windows 10 Professional from (Win 10 Home that came installed on the computer.) Everything seemed to go smoothly. Then I installed Office 365 (transferring...
  8. How to remove internet lease? Like Lease Expires, Lease Obtained.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove internet lease? Like Lease Expires, Lease Obtained.: I've been having this issue for the past 2-3 years, thinking it was something wrong with my Proxy configuration, ip. The issues I though was the problem are like, "Windows could not automatically detect network's proxy settings", "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP...
  9. Can I tell if Win 10 was originally installed on my enterprise laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I tell if Win 10 was originally installed on my enterprise laptop: I have a laptop from my company. it currently has win 7 enterprise. Can I tell if was originally supplied with a Win 10 instal and therefor already activated for win 10 ? How can I know if Microsoft already has the laptop on Win 10 activation system ? 73084
  10. downgrade win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro

downgrade win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro: My Dell oem win key is win10 enterprise that i can not update 1703. Can i downgrade win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro? windows update will release update 1703 for enterprise or not? 84145