Windows 10: Installing Win 10 from DVD but having a few issues

Discus and support Installing Win 10 from DVD but having a few issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When the install reaches "Getting ready" it shows that windows setup couldn't configure windows for my hardware. I'm hoping to fix that in command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EXT0RTI0N, Feb 15, 2020.

1. EXT0RTI0N Win User

Installing Win 10 from DVD but having a few issues

When the install reaches "Getting ready" it shows that windows setup couldn't configure windows for my hardware. I'm hoping to fix that in command prompt now but the issue is that when I restart the computer to reach the end of the setup I see three Windows 10 boot options... and my old win 8.1.

Why is it creating new boot options instead of deleting the old ones?

:)

EXT0RTI0N, Feb 15, 2020

2. DVD+/- won't read or write on Win 10

Hello Brown,

We appreciate the effort and time that you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you further from here

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the CD/DVD drivers from the manufacturer's website and then check. You can follow the steps given below to uninstall the CD/DVD drivers.

Follow these steps to Uninstall DVD-CD ROM driver.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for DVD-CD ROM driver
      and expand it.
    • Right click on the DVD-CD ROM
      driver and select Uninstall.

Do not restart your computer, go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers and install it.

Hope it will help this time.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 15, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Installing Win 10 from DVD but having a few issues

Having issues with new SSD

This is a ongoing problem of installing Win 10 on a system with multiple drives. If you feel up to it, delete the partition, or erase as jboy suggests, the terabyte drive, and unplug it from your system then do a clean install of windows. After thats complete, you can reconnect the terabyte drive without issue.

DeathtoGnomes, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Installing Win 10 from DVD but having a few issues

1. Installing Win 10 from DVD but having a few issues - Similar Threads - Installing DVD having

2. booting from cd/dvd to install win 10 os UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    booting from cd/dvd to install win 10 os UEFI: HI guys, wondering if i can get a little help of what im doing wrong So, ive had my windows 10 pro dvd that i had burnt for a few years now, and has always worked fine on booting up in legacy mode to install win 10. So my HTPC was still on win 7, and getting a new 3 tb hard...
  3. booting from cd/dvd to install win 10 os UEFI

in Windows 10 Support
    booting from cd/dvd to install win 10 os UEFI: HI guys, wondering if i can get a little help of what im doing wrong So, ive had my windows 10 pro dvd that i had burnt for a few years now, and has always worked fine on booting up in legacy mode to install win 10. So my HTPC was still on win 7, and getting a new 3 tb hard...
  4. Win 10 DVD Drive Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 DVD Drive Issue: I have an HP 635 notebook using Win 10 and experience an usual issue with the DVD drive. I have a hp CDDVDW SN-208BB drive. After I restart Windows, the DVD drive in explorer shows as a removable drive as a result the DVD player is gone as shown in 1st image. I looked at...
  5. Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD

Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD: Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10 Okay, long story ahead, basically it all started after I swapped out my heat sink and applied new thermal paste due to bad CPU temps, paste hadn’t been changed in 4~ years so I deemed it appropriate. While I was doing this I also...
  6. Booting From DVD with Win 10 & UEFI

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting From DVD with Win 10 & UEFI: Hello, I tried to add a DVD to boot sequence but I couldn't find an option for this. I tried Dell's recommendation but they indicate that hardware might not be recognized by the system. I did use the DVD to install Win 10 initially, but it doesn't show up. Can someone explain...
  7. 1st time clean install Win 10 from DVD or USB?

1st time clean install Win 10 from DVD or USB?: I have my new build assembled and ready to install Windows 10 Pro. I purchased The Windows 10 DVD from Amazon just last week so I believe it is relatively new. While reading the clean install guidelines and step by step instructions, it mostly talks about installing from a...
  8. copy win 10 installation usb to DVD?

in Windows 10 Support
    copy win 10 installation usb to DVD?: My aging PC will not boot to usb. Can I copy it to DVD? 72911
  9. booting up the win 10 install from a dvd?

booting up the win 10 install from a dvd?: Background: At present in windows 7 trying to convert to win 10. I lost control of my main computer! Whether it was the cat wandering all over the keyboard while I was temporarily out of the room or it was something I did. I returned to find the computer locked up with...
  10. Having a few unrelated issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Having a few unrelated issues: I am having a few unrelated issues in that if I click on a mail link for the forum/s it will either go to the next tab from the mail one or open a completely new tab and there have been times when I have gone to close all tabs only to find there are still more open. The...