Windows 10: installing win 10 from win 7,,,technical question about raid 1

Discus and support installing win 10 from win 7,,,technical question about raid 1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i need to install windows 10 in my old windows 7 pc due to win 7 is done in 10 days,,,will installing win 10 delete the raid 1 volume in my pc...or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by joeC_692, Jan 5, 2020.

1. joeC_692 Win User

installing win 10 from win 7,,,technical question about raid 1

i need to install windows 10 in my old windows 7 pc due to win 7 is done in 10 days,,,will installing win 10 delete the raid 1 volume in my pc...or should i delete the raid volume before i install win 10....i really need some help,,i cannot afford another pc yet so i have to go this route.....thanks

:)

joeC_692, Jan 5, 2020

2. Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1

Thanks guys. I set up RAID in the BIOS following MSI settings in their manual. Then I loaded windows following the prompts. But I must have missed a step. And hence my questions after my install. So, I did as you suggested Samuria, and set it up in Windows. I would have preferred a MoBo hardware setup. But as long as I have RAID 1 I will be happy. Thanks, B.

LindenBruce, Jan 5, 2020
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Win.10 won't boot after installing Win.7

Hi,

So i installed Win.10 via the UEFI and after installing Win.7 on Legacy Mode onto a different HDD i can't boot into Win.10 (I believe can only because Win.10 was installed via UEFI)

I tried installing the BCD Software but nope. I even tried to select my HDD but say Winload.exe error

Even tried going into the USB and try repairing but the same thing happens

rk3066, Jan 5, 2020
  4. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

Yes, it's called the Windows Technical Preview and you can get it here (ISO Download)

You'll have to sign up for a MS account using your email and a password.

I'm using it with a 480GB SSD as the OS drive and it ~does~ boot faster, much faster.
    I also have a new Win-7 build with a pair of 120GB SSDs in RAID that takes longer to boot.

RealNeil, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

1. installing win 10 from win 7,,,technical question about raid 1 - Similar Threads - installing technical question

2. Unable to install Win 10 from Win 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install Win 10 from Win 7: Failed to format disk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-win-10-from-win-7/4772e720-c6b4-4a5f-9e9c-d5f1baa7c605
  3. Win 7 Pro to Win 10 upgrade questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 Pro to Win 10 upgrade questions: I bought a laptop 5 years ago that came with a Win 10 Pro license which at that time I wasn't ready to upgrade to, so I had the manufacturer downgrade the OS install to Win 7 Pro. I now want to upgrade this older, but still capable laptop to have as a second computer - I...
  4. Windows reinstall & Win RAID 1

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows reinstall & Win RAID 1: Hello. First time poster to this sub. I have an SSD for a boot drive, and my data locations are on a Windows RAID 1 (made the array during the initial install about 18 months ago). This week I am planning on upgrading to a larger SSD on which I will reinstall Windows. My...
  5. A question about Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    A question about Win 10: I keep running into this thing called "Group Policy" when I am looking up a "how to do something" online. What is this "Group Policy" bit all about? Steve 131919
  6. Win 7 to Win 10 Newbie Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 7 to Win 10 Newbie Questions: Hi All. I’m new here, but have received a lot of help over in the Windows SevenForums side of things. I’m also totally new to Win 10 other than hearing a ton of horror stories about it. So, with the end-of-life for Win 7 coming soon, I have to pull my head out of the sand and...
  7. Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1: I have an MSI 990FXA-GB80 MoBo. I just installed two Crucial 500gig SSD's into my case and SATA3 to my MoBo. My previous SSD, a Mushkin, got corrupted and died and I lost my recent data. SO, I decided I would do RAID 1 this time with the two Crucial SSD's. I have 16 gig of...
  8. Questions about Win 10 License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Questions about Win 10 License: I got 2 questions about Win 10 license.... 1) Is it cheaper to buy a Win 10 product key now or after July 29th? 2) I'm not able to find a Win 10 retail version. Does anyone know where to find one? 57528
  9. Some questions about Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Some questions about Win 10: I have Win 10 Home Single Language installed. There's a new Insider Preview build v 10565 available and Treshold 2 is coming out in November. Is there ever going to be a final version of Win 10. I've also read that MS will be coming out with "Redstone" next year. Will that...
  10. Questions about win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions about win 10: Hello I am very old win 7 user, so after upgrade i make this steps and i wonder if i make it right I download windows 10 using the tool from Microsoft, and get ISO file, put it on USB using Microsoft USB, DVD tool and i start format my laptop and system partition...