Windows 10: Installing win 10 on hp pavilion dv7 notebook pc

Discus and support Installing win 10 on hp pavilion dv7 notebook pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear all , I want to ask you about the correct way to choose the HDD on my notebook to install win 10 on it , as you see in the pic [img] I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sunset72, Nov 6, 2015.

1. sunset72 Win User

Installing win 10 on hp pavilion dv7 notebook pc

Dear all ,

I want to ask you about the correct way to choose the HDD on my notebook to install win 10 on it , as you see in the pic

Installing win 10 on hp pavilion dv7 notebook pc [​IMG]

I am now using win 10 installed on HDD1 , but I have a very slow startup , may I re-install the windows on HDD2 makes it better performance ?

:)

sunset72, Nov 6, 2015

2. Uninstalled Windows 10 because of overheating. Is it safe to try Windows 10 again?

Last year I downloaded windows 10 onto my HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC from windows 7 - laptop was so noisy and hot I had to get a windows rep to convert back - is the problem still on-going - that is would it be safe to go to windows 10 now?

Moved from IE11/Win 7

Original title: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC / windows 10 from windows 7

RickDalkin, Nov 6, 2015
  3. No brightness controll on pavilion d7 after Win 10 upgrade

Microsoft Account. Had a professional upgrade to Win 10. He updated all drivers. Could NOT update the brightness driver. (Said HP does not have a fix for this). No issues found with troubleshooter. HP Pavilion dv7-4060us Entertainment Notebook PC, Windows
    10 Home 64-bit Model #: WQ859UA

ceramicing, Nov 6, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

No, stay with HDD! which is a SSD (Solid State Drive). It's much, much faster than your other drive.

Did you install Win 10 on this computer? DO you have everything backed up? If yes you could do a clean install of Win 10 and see if that helps performance, see here:

Windows 10 - Clean Install

Ztruker, Nov 6, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    I think HDD1 was meant for the OS/boot drive.

Berton, Nov 6, 2015
  6. sunset72 Win User
    Thank you all for your replies .. this pic . shows how the HDD s partitioned now :

you think I do it right ? or I must re-install the windows with a new way of partitioning ?

sunset72, Nov 6, 2015
  7. Berton Win User
    You have 2 HDDs, depending upon the program used to see them they are either drive 0 [usually in the BIOS that way] or drive 1. The drives appear to be partitioned correctly and usually best to install the Operating System on the C:/boot drive which in your case is the first drive second partition [or Drive 0 Partition 2]. Don't be concerned with the small partition, it is normal and you don't need access to it, as it says it is reserved for the System. If the numbering of the drives is confusing just keep in mind that basically there is no number 10 in most computing things, starts with 0 and goes to 9. Programs can re-interpret that.

Berton, Nov 6, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

If you want to try a clean-install, backup your data, and any drivers you may have, then delete both partitions in drive 0 and proceed to install Windows 10. Any partitions will be created automatically on the unallocated space. When asked for a key click Skip and then select your previous version Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro. When you have installed your drivers and you are online, Windows will activate automatically. If it doesn't activate you may have installed the wrong version.

spapakons, Nov 6, 2015
  9. sunset72 Win User
    thanks for your replies .. so, is that mean the installation on drive 0 partition is the right choice ?

sunset72, Nov 6, 2015
  10. Charlie Win User
    Yes the 0 drive is your ssd drive which would be faster than the data drive. You might have carried over some software problems when you updated or is this a clean install of windows 10?*Biggrin

Charlie, Nov 6, 2015
  11. sunset72 Win User
    This is a clean install *Smile

sunset72, Nov 6, 2015
  12. Charlie Win User
    sunset That's good its a clean install. Next question is what build of Windows 10 are you running and what media did you use to do your clean install. My Windows Ten starts in about ten seconds. Your should be close to that with a SSD *Smile

Charlie, Nov 7, 2015
  13. sunset72 Win User

Sorry to be late , please see the following pic.

Thanks for your reply .

sunset72, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Installing win 10 on hp pavilion dv7 notebook pc - Similar Threads - Installing pavilion dv7

2. HP Pavilion dv7 not detecting HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion dv7 not detecting HDMI cable: My PC can not detect the HDMI cable whenever I Connect it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-dv7-not-detecting-hdmi-cable/3cbefa8a-1eb0-431d-9b3b-75ccbe868b07
  3. HP Pavilion dv7 not detecting HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavilion dv7 not detecting HDMI cable: My PC can not detect the HDMI cable whenever I Connect it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-dv7-not-detecting-hdmi-cable/3cbefa8a-1eb0-431d-9b3b-75ccbe868b07
  4. HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez wifi problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez wifi problem: Driver is installed, my wifi is working , but when it is turn on lights up white on button F12 which is fine. When it is turn off it still glows white , but would be it should glow orange. How to fix it to glow orange when wifi is off? 153517
  5. HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez sound problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez sound problem: Hello, my laptop HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez installed drivers for sound IDT Audio Driver. When my sound is on, nothing lights up, and it should turn white on the F 11 key, when i turn off the sound on key F 11 it lights up orange which is ok. How do I set it to light white on the...
  6. HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez wifi problem

HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez wifi problem: Driver is installed, my wifi is working , but when it is turn on lights up white on button F12 which is fine. When it is turn off it still glows white , but would be it should glow orange. How to fix it to glow orange when wifi is off? 153517
  7. on board camera on hp pavilion dv7 not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    on board camera on hp pavilion dv7 not working: no camera found in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-board-camera-on-hp-pavilion-dv7-not-working/d1815e2a-b3bd-49fc-9b57-7f5f4cc1779d
  8. BSOD at HP Pavilion DV7 6101sd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD at HP Pavilion DV7 6101sd: I have an HP Pavilion Dv7 6101 sd , i use windows 10 Home , i keep getting alot of BSODS ! 52439
  9. hp pavilion dv7 notebook pc display driver issue

hp pavilion dv7 notebook pc display driver issue: Hello , Ive installed a fresh copy of win 10 on this laptop , but the problem is that graphic driver installed by windows makes a delay when I run the laptop , after the win logo , it stuck for about 30 sec on a black screen , then enter the logon screen of the windows .....
  10. HP Pavilion dv7-6b00ee Entertainment Notebook PC keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Pavilion dv7-6b00ee Entertainment Notebook PC keyboard issue: hello , I have HP Pavilion dv7-6b00ee Entertainment Notebook PC with win 10 as OS , the problem is in my keyboard ,( no. 5 ) is suddenly stopped working either in the upper numeric line or in the side numeric area [img] [img] Ive tried to clean them by using Ultra...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will win10 1809 run on hp pavilion dv7