Windows 10: installing Win 10 on new hard drive

Discus and support installing Win 10 on new hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have a peculiar problem. recently my Lenovo G50-80 crashed. When inserting a bootable Win 10 repair/recovery flash drive, it would not boot from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RussellG_1, Feb 6, 2019.

1. installing Win 10 on new hard drive

Hi

I have a peculiar problem. recently my Lenovo G50-80 crashed. When inserting a bootable Win 10 repair/recovery flash drive, it would not boot from it even though boot order was changed accordingly in BIOS. I eventually resorted to removing the hdd, after which the installation flash booted up. With hdd reinserted, the old problems returned.

My question is: Is it safe to buy a new hdd or are there other issues involved?

Thanks

Russ

:)

RussellG_1, Feb 6, 2019

2. Installing the Win 10 upgrade on a new hard drive

My current hard drive is really old and unstable, and I've planning to buy a new SSD for my computer. When I get the Win 10 files, will there be an option to install it on the brand new SSD without changing anything on the old hard drive? My understanding
    is that Win 10 will allow installing on a new partition on the drive where the current Windows system is installed, and it will also allow creating media for installing Win 10 at a later time, but it is not clear if the upgrade will allow keeping the current
    system and hard drive as is, and clean-installing on a brand new hard drive.

mukarakaplan, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Installing the Win 10 upgrade on a new hard drive

I have an HP computer that recently informed me that there was "no boot disk in drive and could not read the hard drive" or words to that effect. I tried to restart several times with no success. Eventually, it did nothing; no message at all. I talked to
    several "experts" and they told me I needed to buy a new version of Win 10, another said you needed a new hard drive and install Win 10. I followed these instructions but nothing happened. The were no instructions received with the new hard drive although
    it seemed fairly simple. Win 10 came with 3 steps as follows:

1. Insert USB into device port.

2. Power on computer and configure it to boot from USB drive.

3. If prompted enter your product key.

I didn't get past Nr 2.

How do I do Nr 2 when the computer reacts to nothing.

Any ideas what is wrong.

RobertLauck, Feb 6, 2019
  4. installing Win 10 on new hard drive

Problems installing new hard drive

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

installing Win 10 on new hard drive

1. installing Win 10 on new hard drive - Similar Threads - installing hard drive

2. new hard drive install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    new hard drive install: Trying to install another hard drive into my PC, but I don't want to erase the data on the drive. How can I do this? submitted by /u/theflyingpanini [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v65o3o/new_hard_drive_install/
  3. Installing new hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing new hard drive.: When in disk management it says my drive needs to be formatted then a few minutes latter it says unable to format disk it is a WD10 red 3.5 inch hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-new-hard-drive/bd54e110-b1e4-47b8-8a30-f6383eb008f7
  4. Installing Win 10 on a new hard drive using OEM license #

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Win 10 on a new hard drive using OEM license #: Hello, I have an old laptop that originally came with Windows 7 and has been upgraded to Windows 10. I have just replaced the original HDD with an SSD and am trying to reinstall Windows 10 using the OEM license key. I am planning on selling it, therefore the procedure of...
  5. new hard drive,reinstall win 10

new hard drive,reinstall win 10: I replaced a hard drive in my hp laptop.How can I reload windows 10 onto it ? I made a iso disk but can't get it to work. I changed the bootup sequence to cd/dvd first and hd second. Hope this makes sense...
  6. install Win 10 on external hard drive

install Win 10 on external hard drive: Hello, I wonder if there is a chance to install Win 10 on external hard drive (USB 3.0 ) I tryied win to usb but the free ver doesnt support the latest windown 10 1089 . Thanks in advance 131215
  7. install Win 10 on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    install Win 10 on external hard drive: Hello, I wonder if there is a chance to install Win 10 on external hard drive (USB 3.0 ) I tryied win to usb but the free ver doesnt support the latest windown 10 1089 . Thanks in advance 131215
  8. Installing a new hard drive

Installing a new hard drive: I have a hard drive failure, I have installed a new 1t hard drive and need to reinstall my OS. The computer did not come with install disks. it is a Toshiba C50 series How is this accomplished?...
  9. Installed New Hard Drive

Installed New Hard Drive: I have recently installed a new hard drive in my computer. I would like to know what do I need to do now to put Windows 10 back on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-new-hard-drive/f1db2a19-671d-4b48-bc26-6843d6b4ad65
  10. installing Win 10 on a New Drive

installing Win 10 on a New Drive: i want to install a completely clean install of windows 10 on my new hard drive i just ordered to replace my aging C drive... but i don't want to just to a copy of all the crud and files that are on the current C drive from the past 8 years . what is the best way to go about...