Windows 10: installing win 10 x32 on xp laptop

Discus and support installing win 10 x32 on xp laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I downloaded and installed win 10 pro on my xp pro laptop. All went great until I wanted to activate windows. how I can activate it. It doesn't let me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CharlesAboughantous, Dec 2, 2020.

1. installing win 10 x32 on xp laptop

I downloaded and installed win 10 pro on my xp pro laptop. All went great until I wanted to activate windows. how I can activate it. It doesn't let me make any changes, including the simplest fixing the clock.

:)

CharlesAboughantous, Dec 2, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Dell M6400 Laptop - BSOD Installing XP Pro X32

Win 7 works fine, I'm typing on it right now. Wondering if I should actually jump and upgrade. There must be a driver somewhere that I can use to install XP *Wtf :wtf:

Not a particularly productive suggestion. Though I'd never buy a Dell, I have had luck with thier laptops errm... excepting this time, lol.

Sasqui, Dec 2, 2020
  3. alucasa Win User
    Dell M6400 Laptop - BSOD Installing XP Pro X32

There should be. Otherwise, you wouldn't have had XP in the first place. Unless you have to absolutely use XP for some older programs that no longer work with 7, I'd suggest you jump the boat and use 7.

Having owned two DELL laptops so far, I know that their OS restore CDs often come with slightly modified drivers to make it work without getting BSOD. For a good example, my Dell XPS M1330, it has vista home premium 32bit. If I use a regular vista 32bit CD, it will get BSOD during install. I have to use DELL's OS restore CD to get it installed.

alucasa, Dec 2, 2020
  4. installing win 10 x32 on xp laptop

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

installing win 10 x32 on xp laptop

1. installing win 10 x32 on xp laptop - Similar Threads - installing x32 laptop

2. [Windows XP X32 PLK] KB961742-v3-PLK.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows XP X32 PLK] KB961742-v3-PLK.exe: Hi,I am looking for an KB961742-v3-PLK.exe installer. Unfortunately ENU doesn't work with PLK version of XP OS.Can anyone help me with appropriate DL link.Thank You,Lenka P....
  3. [Windows XP X32 PLK] KB961742-v3-PLK.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Windows XP X32 PLK] KB961742-v3-PLK.exe: Hi,I am looking for an KB961742-v3-PLK.exe installer. Unfortunately ENU doesn't work with PLK version of XP OS.Can anyone help me with appropriate DL link.Thank You,Lenka P....
  4. Connecting XP to Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting XP to Win 10: Hello I have read the article here that HOMEGROUP has been removed from Windows 10: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/homegroup-removed-from-windows-10-version-1803-07ca5db1-7bca-4d11-68a3-a31ff4a09979 How then can I connect share files and printers my Windows...
  5. Apps are installing in x32 instead of x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps are installing in x32 instead of x64: i recently reset my computer and i tried to install all by apps and games back and for some reason they are all installing as x32 instead of x64 when my system type is 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Wanting to Share Win 10 Laptop folder with XP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wanting to Share Win 10 Laptop folder with XP: XP can see my win10 machine fine, but just not the laptop. So I have to copy first XP to Win10 then Win10 to laptop. It's a real pain! Is there any way I can get to the laptop directly please. 143497
  7. BSOD Error code 0xc000021a after clean install Win 10 x32

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Error code 0xc000021a after clean install Win 10 x32: Hi. I helped my friend install windows 10 on his desktop pc. but after installation, it wont boot, rather showing bsod error 0xc000021a, we have tried reinstalling for a couple of times, but the error persisted. BTW, the previous os was windows 7. We deleted the previous OS's...
  8. Activate Win 10x64 on same machine as Win 10 x32 as dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activate Win 10x64 on same machine as Win 10 x32 as dual boot: HI, I have Win 10 x 32 activated for a while and now have Win 10 x 64 on another drive in the same both as a dual boot. The new 64 install has just asked me to Activate it. I need access to the original x 32 version as it has my programs, shortcuts on it so I know...
  9. Installing X32 on a X64 base laptop!!?????

Installing X32 on a X64 base laptop!!?????: My niece bought same laptop as I have, it crashed and HP does not want to warranty it, Claiming it was activated back in Oct 2017. It came preinstalled with X64, If I install X32, will the X64 software/drivers from HP work on it being X32 instead of X64? 99653
  10. preparing installation win 10 on a win xp prof laptop

preparing installation win 10 on a win xp prof laptop: Dear ​the laptop: Acer travelmate 4672WLMi MFG.DATE: 0608 Travelmate 4670 series Model NO.: ZB1 ​ original OS windows xp professional SP2 Acer does not support this laptop according to the list on their website. All laptops not mentioned on the list are not...