Windows 10: Installing Win 10 x64 using a flash memory

Discus and support Installing Win 10 x64 using a flash memory in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm going to re-install Windows 10 x 64. My SDD is of 256 GB size containing two drives. The C drive is to be for installation and the D... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tomyfr, Mar 11, 2019.

1. tomyfr Win User

Installing Win 10 x64 using a flash memory

Hello all,

I'm going to re-install Windows 10 x 64. My SDD is of 256 GB size containing two drives. The C drive is to be for installation and the D drives contains my valuable data.

I want to use the Rufus app to install the .iso file of the windows into a 32 GB flash memory. What details should I use for that flash memory in terms of scheme, file system etc to be able to use it for installing Windows please?

Installing Win 10 x64 using a flash memory [​IMG]

Here's also my system specs:

Installing Win 10 x64 using a flash memory [​IMG]

I used:
    Partition Scheme: MBR, Target System: BIOS(or UEFI-CSM), File System: NTFS, Cluster size: Default => Failed to install, saying a message about GPT.

Should I modify BIOS settings?

:)

tomyfr, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Mar 11, 2019
  4. HTC
    HTC Win User

Is it still possible to find a Win 7 install .ISO?

You managed to work it out: congratz!

I had many issues when i moved to Ryzen 5 and could not get Win 7 to install properly because of USB not being detected but i fixed it ... by removing Win 7 ... permanently ...

Now using Ubuntu.

Thema:

1. Installing Win 10 x64 using a flash memory - Similar Threads - Installing x64 using

2. Win 10 and using jump/flash plug in drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 and using jump/flash plug in drives: I can't get my new win 10 pc to recognize, or show me onscreen, how to use plugged in jump drives..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-and-using-jumpflash-plug-in-drives/aeea2459-bb6e-4f6c-b1e3-f11c2f5db252
  3. Win 10 and Flash

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 and Flash: So are Flash updates for IE and non-Chromium Edge completely over? If so then why not just make update which removes Flash from those 2 browsers since near year before death of Flash so many likely vulnerabilities coming up....
  4. booting win 10 using a fat32 flash drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    booting win 10 using a fat32 flash drive: Help me understand this plaease!!. My laptop has crashed and will not reboot, I beleive I have the "blue screen of death" and auto repair loop of doom. None of the recovery options work including full refresh which deletes everything. So my next step was to download win10 ISO...
  5. win 10 x64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 x64: i have upgraded win 8.1 to win 10 and after upgrade i found out that i have this now a 32 bit operating system 64 based processor thank you Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-x64/20acbf93-d97c-4ec9-8753-67cb6c343fcc
  6. no longer able to run or install win 10 x64

no longer able to run or install win 10 x64: resonantly updated 1803 to 1809. and it killed my pc. tried installing from USB installation made with media builder. multiple BSODs. USB drivers failed. win32kfull, failed as well as many others. tried installing from a few dvds of win10 X64 ver 1809. more BSODs. first...
  7. Win 10 x64 1803 install fails at 83% - update install

Win 10 x64 1803 install fails at 83% - update install: Installing win 10 pro x64 using usb and mounted ISO. Both failed. It failed several times and the installer exits with a very uninformative window saying Windows 10 installation has failed. I was running Controlled Folder Access and the installer wanted to write to a...
  8. Installed memory - Not using all that's installed - W10 x64

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Installed memory - Not using all that's installed - W10 x64: I've searched the 'net for help but I just can't seem to figure it out. My computer reads that I have 6.00 GB RAM but only 3.37 GB is usable. I've seen that using x32 versions can cause this but I have yet to figure out why my x64 version is doing this. Would anyone kindly...
  9. Install win 10 x64 on a 40 GB HDD?

Install win 10 x64 on a 40 GB HDD?: Hi is it a good idea to install windows 10 x64 bit on a 40 GB HDD? I know that the minimum HDD space requirement is 20 GB. I'm planning to only use that drive for OS/updates only and programs will be installed someone else. I want to see if my computer is able to handle...
  10. Installing Win x86 dual-boot on a PC with Win 10 x64

Installing Win x86 dual-boot on a PC with Win 10 x64: Hello, as the title says, I have a PC with win 10 x64 installed. It is a new PC with UEFI firmware and secure boot enabled, though I can disabled it very easily. I want to installed Win 7 x86 (32bit) on a second hard drive and have it dual-boot config with the current Win...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install window in flassh memory

2. upgrade windows x86 to x64 with flash memory