Windows 10: Installing Win 11 from bootable installer on new SSD

Discus and support Installing Win 11 from bootable installer on new SSD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello MS community.I have a senior friend who's got a 2 year old Thinkpad with a Ryzen that took the Windows 11 upgrade last fall and a few days ago,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by foodandart, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Installing Win 11 from bootable installer on new SSD

Hello MS community.I have a senior friend who's got a 2 year old Thinkpad with a Ryzen that took the Windows 11 upgrade last fall and a few days ago, the hard drive - a 5400 rpm spinning disk in what is a gaming laptop who does that? is failing/failed. I think friend - who's 90 - got taken in by the shop she bought the machine at.. seriously, it's a kicking gaming laptop.. with a 5400 spinning disk. WTH? Anyhow, my experience with Windows installations from a bootable USB is rather limited - I'm a Mac user, and for that platform, activation is not an issue, so it's fairly straight up insta

:)

foodandart, Jan 20, 2023
  2. Kantastic Win User

Bootable Vista Installer

I have a friend who has a Vista Home Premium key (from the bottom of his laptop) and his HDD crapped out so he ordered a new one. His repair disks didn't work and neither of us have CD's with a large enough capacity to store the files we 'found' on the interwebz, so I'm trying to install it from a bootable USB.

I got up to the step where I successfully turned the USB into an active partition, but I ran into a problem the moment I needed to access the boot sector.

Can someone kindly walk me through the steps?

Kantastic, Jan 20, 2023
  3. 09B
    09b Win User
    window 11 can't boot after install new ssd m2

hello, im using window 11 but when i install new ssd, window can't boot with error " an operating system wasn't found. all of my disk are list in bios, i try chosse disk with window to boot but it doesn't work. but when i remove new ssd, everything work fine. already try with window 10 and it work too so i think it's win 11 problem. can u guy help me pls.

4. Caramelo Win User

Installing Win 11 from bootable installer on new SSD

Looking for tutorial for fresh install of win10 home on new ssd

I looked over the tutorial for custom installation of win 10 but it had many steps about microsoft accounts that I'm not sure are applicable to me.

I have a new pc with a brand new ssd (sata) and I have made a bootable usb drive with win10 installation files on it.

I'd like to use a step by step guide of how to install the os, including if I need to format the ssd and whether I need to do anything special during the installation in order to be able to boot in UEFI bios.

Caramelo, Jan 20, 2023
Thema:

Installing Win 11 from bootable installer on new SSD

1. Installing Win 11 from bootable installer on new SSD - Similar Threads - Installing bootable installer

2. Random Crashes after installing new SSD and fresh Win 11 OS install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes after installing new SSD and fresh Win 11 OS install: A few weeks ago I decided to exchange my M.2 Boot SSD for a new one and did a fresh installation of Windows 11. Ever since I have been getting random crashes, regardless of what I am doing watching YouTube, gaming, or PC sitting idle. When it crashes there is no blue screen -...
  3. Random Crashes after installing new SSD and fresh Win 11 OS install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Crashes after installing new SSD and fresh Win 11 OS install: A few weeks ago I decided to exchange my M.2 Boot SSD for a new one and did a fresh installation of Windows 11. Ever since I have been getting random crashes, regardless of what I am doing watching YouTube, gaming, or PC sitting idle. When it crashes there is no blue screen -...
  4. Installing Win 11 from bootable installer on new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Win 11 from bootable installer on new SSD: Hello MS community.I have a senior friend who's got a 2 year old Thinkpad with a Ryzen that took the Windows 11 upgrade last fall and a few days ago, the hard drive - a 5400 rpm spinning disk in what is a gaming laptop who does that? is failing/failed. I think friend - who's...
  5. Install Windows 11 on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows 11 on a new SSD: Hello, I had Windows 10 Education, then I upgraded to Windows 11. Now I want to remove the SSD and put new one. But I don't have the keys I used to activate Windows 10 in the beginning.Will I be able to find the key somehow or activate in other way?Thanks...
  6. Install Windows 11 on a new SSD

Install Windows 11 on a new SSD: Hello, I had Windows 10 Education, then I upgraded to Windows 11. Now I want to remove the SSD and put new one. But I don't have the keys I used to activate Windows 10 in the beginning.Will I be able to find the key somehow or activate in other way?Thanks...
  7. Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD: My PC has a WD 1 T HDD as the primary drive with Win 10 installed. There is also an 2nd older WD HDD for data storage purposes if ever needed - unlikely.I recently bought a new 500 GB SSD drive. I would like to install my WIN 10 on the new SSD using it as the primary drive.To...
  8. Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD

Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD: My PC has a WD 1 T HDD as the primary drive with Win 10 installed. There is also an 2nd older WD HDD for data storage purposes if ever needed - unlikely.I recently bought a new 500 GB SSD drive. I would like to install my WIN 10 on the new SSD using it as the primary drive.To...
  9. Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. New SSD, new installation, no bootable media found.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New SSD, new installation, no bootable media found.: I have a slightly annoying problem. I got myself a new 120GB SSD for the jump to Windows 10. I install the OS without problems from a DVD disk, boot up and begin to install stuff as steam, spotify and GeForce experience. I remove the installation disk from my DVD...