Windows 10: Installing Win10 but stuck on checking for updates.

Discus and support Installing Win10 but stuck on checking for updates. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the title says. I just bought Windows 10 online and as I went through the installation process it went to checking for updates and seems to be stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OboeShoes, Jul 27, 2018.

1. OboeShoes Win User

Installing Win10 but stuck on checking for updates.

As the title says. I just bought Windows 10 online and as I went through the installation process it went to checking for updates and seems to be stuck there. I chose to upgrade because my new processor wasn’t supported by Windows 7. I’m still on Windows 7 as I type this.

:)

OboeShoes, Jul 27, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 27, 2018
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

Hello
    Win10: Windows update is stuck at never ending loop ? ( Last Win10 updates in 2017 ). Can't update the laptop. Genuine Win10 on a HP 2015 17.3" laptop that originally had Win8. ( CPU:AMD A9, GPU:Radeon R5 ).

If I download this below file does it manually install the latest updates of Win10 (=2018 April Update) without losing any files currently on the machine ? ( Mainly paid Office 2013 )
    MediaCreationTool1803.exe
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

user33331, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Installing Win10 but stuck on checking for updates.

Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Installing Win10 but stuck on checking for updates.

1. Installing Win10 but stuck on checking for updates. - Similar Threads - Installing Win10 stuck

2. checking for update stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    checking for update stuck: My Windows update keeps saying checking for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-for-update-stuck/04d2a749-2fdb-43a3-8873-344874b403d3
  3. checking for update stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    checking for update stuck: My Windows update keeps saying checking for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-for-update-stuck/04d2a749-2fdb-43a3-8873-344874b403d3
  4. checking for update stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fresh Win10 install, stuck on "Needs Update"

Fresh Win10 install, stuck on "Needs Update": Motherboard - GA-H61M-DS2 8GB RAM Graphics - 5700 XT Hard drive - 1TB Seagate Barracuda After having my PC working for two years completely fine, I noticed that whoever made my PC appeared to have done the Windows install onto my HDD and then transferred the Windows...
  6. Windows 10 install stuck on Checking for updates

Windows 10 install stuck on Checking for updates: I started to update from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The first thing the update does is check for updates and it has been on that for about 2 hours. How long does this take or is it hung?...
  7. stuck on checking for update

stuck on checking for update: i am updating windows 7 to windows 10, i purchased and downloaded windows 10 setup tool. it is stuck in checking for updates, has been stuck all night, what can t do?...
  8. stuck in checking for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    stuck in checking for updates: I had to take my desk top back to factory specs, win 7. Went to win 10 upgrade page and ran update. Started down load then computer went to check for updates. It appears as if it is stuck there. Has been checking for updates 2 hours now. Am going to bed and letting it run....
  9. Stuck Checking For Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck Checking For Updates: Hi All, I reinstalled my factory W7 Home Premium x64 on a new ssd before upgrading to 10. Once I got up and going, fully activated windows 7. Both W7 (updates) and W10 installer get stuck "checking for updates". Neither W7 or W10 will get any updates. Any...
  10. Upgrade Install Stuck on "Checking for Updates"

Upgrade Install Stuck on "Checking for Updates": I've decided to upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 with the free upgrade. Unfortunately, it has been stuck "Checking for Updates" for the last 30-45 minutes. Is this normal? I've updated two laptops, one Windows 7 Home and one Windows 8 and it didn't take nearly this...