Windows 10: Installing Win10 from my HDD to my SSD

Discus and support Installing Win10 from my HDD to my SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So three years ago I bought Windows 10 on an USB and upgraded from Win 7, as you do. Now I made the decsion back then to save Windows onto my HDD as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ivar Sørvig Skogheim, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Installing Win10 from my HDD to my SSD

So three years ago I bought Windows 10 on an USB and upgraded from Win 7, as you do. Now I made the decsion back then to save Windows onto my HDD as opposed to my SSD. Now I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 onto my SSD in order to make my machine run a bit smoother, and It's turning out to be a right pain. I can't get into the install options to let me designate where I would like to install the system, so every time I wipe the computer, Win10 automatically reinstalls itself onto the HDD.

It dosen't help that when I attempt to boot up the USB stick containing win10, it won't as it tells me it's corrupt.

Anyone got any solution? I just want Windows 10 from my HDD over to my SSD

:)

Ivar Sørvig Skogheim, Jun 1, 2020
  2. AntsKoel Win User

Win10 fresh install problem to SSD (no problem with older HDD)

As I wrote already, I was able to make a fresh install on the original HDD that was factory-installed in the HP desktop.

I installed the SSD as second disk.

I deleted all the partitions from the SSD that appeared during the unsuccessful win10 installations.

I installed free disk cloning software (google and you find several ones) and cloned the HDD to SDD.

After removing the HDD my PC is running win10 from the SDD, case closed.

AntsKoel, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Josh_922 Win User
    Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Jun 1, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

Installing Win10 from my HDD to my SSD

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Installing Win10 from my HDD to my SSD

1. Installing Win10 from my HDD to my SSD - Similar Threads - Installing Win10 HDD

2. My ssd is not shown during install and win10 is installed on hdd instead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ssd is not shown during install and win10 is installed on hdd instead: Hello, I used windows 10 tool in pc, to reset my pc because it was lagging and low FPS in games, tool somehow didnt work as it should because in the past it always worked and was easy to do so I went to another pc for flash disk to get installation for win 10, after some...
  3. My ssd is not shown during install and win10 is installed on hdd instead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My ssd is not shown during install and win10 is installed on hdd instead: Hello, I used windows 10 tool in pc, to reset my pc because it was lagging and low FPS in games, tool somehow didnt work as it should because in the past it always worked and was easy to do so I went to another pc for flash disk to get installation for win 10, after some...
  4. My ssd is not shown during install and win10 is installed on hdd instead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My SSD and my HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My SSD and my HDD: I have 2 drives one labeled C: and D: . The C: says its a SSD and the D: is a HDD. I'm currently on the C drive. The computer was used. The C keeps running out of memory which is the SSD. So is there a way I can install Windows 10 on the Drive? Thanks for Help. Image Below...
  6. Cloning my windows installation from HDD to SSD, HELLP!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning my windows installation from HDD to SSD, HELLP!!!: Hi, this is the situation, I’ve got a laptop that can take both an m.2 SSD and a SATA 3 HHD at the same time. What I want to know is how do I clone the windows installation, from the HHD to the SSD securely.Although I had installed many OSs in the past this is the first time,...
  7. Cloning my windows installation from HDD to SSD, HELLP!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloning my windows installation from HDD to SSD, HELLP!!!: Hi, this is the situation, I’ve got a laptop that can take both an m.2 SSD and a SATA 3 HHD at the same time. What I want to know is how do I clone the windows installation, from the HHD to the SSD securely.Although I had installed many OSs in the past this is the first time,...
  8. Cloning my windows installation from HDD to SSD, HELLP!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Switching Win10 OS from HDD to SSD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching Win10 OS from HDD to SSD.: Hello everyone, I'm super confused as to how I can switch the OS from HDD to SSD. I have a 2 TB HDD that contains my OS and I'm looking to add a 240 GB SSD to my rig and would like to have the OS on my SSD. I'm okay with a complete reinstallion of Win10 onto my SSD meaning...
  10. Moving Win10 from a failing HDD to a SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Win10 from a failing HDD to a SSD: I have a friend whose IDE hard drive is failing. He wants to replace it with a SSD. The cloning process won't work because of the drive (clicking). How can he get his Windows 10 moved?...