Windows 10: Installing win10 from ubuntu

Discus and support Installing win10 from ubuntu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I tried to reinstall my windows 10 from a bootable usb, but after an error on the installation, I can't boot anymore from the windows 10 installer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Racass, Jun 18, 2020.

1. /u/Racass Win User

Installing win10 from ubuntu

Hi! I tried to reinstall my windows 10 from a bootable usb, but after an error on the installation, I can't boot anymore from the windows 10 installer. I tried recreating the usb from RUFUS and WINDOWS 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL. Tried modiying bios secure boot, legacy mode, fast boot ....After many unsuccessfull tries, I tried to boot a linux os ( UBUNTU ) and it worked. Tried again windows 10 installer and couldn't boot from it.Now my question is, theres anyway I can install or start windows 10 installer from a ubuntu LIVE SESSION or installed UBUNTU?I used the SAME pen-drive in all operations, and tried every port on laptop.

My laptop is a asus vivobook x512fa.I even updated the bios.The bios version now is 2019 American Megatrends Build, 30/12/2019

LR;DR: There's anyway I can start windows 10 installer from ubuntu live session OR installed? (replacing it).

submitted by /u/Racass
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Racass, Jun 18, 2020
  2. xfire Win User
    xfire, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Win10 Crashed, installed Ubuntu, but hated it, is it possible for my activation to still activate my win10?

My Win10 crashed and I ended up installing Ubuntu and formatting the HDD, then I absolutely hated Ubuntu. What I'm wondering if, is it possible to install Win10 again and, will my activation still work and activate my Win10 installation?

disloyalpick, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Installing win10 from ubuntu

Win10 cannot recognize Ubuntu disk (partition)

I installed Win10 and Ubuntu on two M.2 socket SSDs respectively.

I am able to access Win10 disk in Ubuntu; however, I cannot access Ubuntu disk in Win10.

In "disk management", the Ubuntu disk is there, but upon right click only "Delete volume..." and "Help" are clickable. Moreover, the "File System" appears black, the "Status" is "healthy (primary partition) and % Free = 100%; that is to say, this disk is
    not recognized by Win10.

Then, how should I access files on Ubuntu disk while I am using Win10?

Thank you!

GenggongwoShi, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Installing win10 from ubuntu

1. Installing win10 from ubuntu - Similar Threads - Installing win10 ubuntu

2. Couldn't install windows from ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't install windows from ubuntu: I have Dell Vostro 3491 and I want to install windows in it, i previously install Ubuntu, but now due to some requirements i want to install Windows. I download Window 10 from Microsoft Official Site and use Rufus from another pc, with GPT and UEFI as my ubuntu also run from...
  3. Couldn't install windows from ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Couldn't install windows from ubuntu: I have Dell Vostro 3491 and I want to install windows in it, i previously install Ubuntu, but now due to some requirements i want to install Windows. I download Window 10 from Microsoft Official Site and use Rufus from another pc, with GPT and UEFI as my ubuntu also run from...
  4. Install Windows 10 from Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows 10 from Ubuntu: Hi, I want to know how to create a Windows 10 bootable image from the linux distro, Ubuntu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-from-ubuntu/fd250cf5-803c-4d10-a29c-536bfe13058e
  5. Install Windows 10 from Ubuntu

Install Windows 10 from Ubuntu: Hi, I want to know how to create a Windows 10 bootable image from the linux distro, Ubuntu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-from-ubuntu/fd250cf5-803c-4d10-a29c-536bfe13058e
  6. Installing Windows 10 from Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows 10 from Ubuntu: I don’t know shit about computers so please bear with me. so I recently installed ubuntu on my failing laptop and it’s fine. but I messed up and didn’t do the try ubuntu thing so all my windows files are deleted. I want to install windows 10 on my laptop again and I have the...
  7. Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04

Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04: Hi everyone, First of all, sorry for my english, it's not my native language, and i hope i'll be clear in my explanations. :) Recently, a friend of mine gave me a notebook, with Ubuntu 18.04 already installed on it. However, i want to replace it with Windows 10. So i bought...
  8. Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04

in Windows 10 Support
    Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04: Hi everyone, First of all, sorry for my english, it's not my native language, and i hope i'll be clear in my explanations. :) Recently, a friend of mine gave me a notebook, with Ubuntu 18.04 already installed on it. However, i want to replace it with Windows 10. So i bought...
  9. Installing windows from ubuntu

Installing windows from ubuntu: So i recently downloaded ubuntu on my computer, and now i want to go back to windows However I don't want to buy it since i previously bought it, is there i way to get it for free since i previously got it?...
  10. Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.

Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.: I was running Win7 and Ubuntu. Win7 suddenly refused to boot, so I deleted the partition with plans to uninstall. Win7 didn't like the drive anymore (couldn't create or find system partition). I tried various attempts with diskpart to repair the bootsector and MBR, to no...