Windows 10: Installing win10 I lost my 1TB drive

Discus and support Installing win10 I lost my 1TB drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I installed Win 10 I found my 2nd (1TB) drive is missing. Device manager lists two hard drives...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JR_934, Jan 1, 2019.

1. JR_934 Win User

Installing win10 I lost my 1TB drive

When I installed Win 10 I found my 2nd (1TB) drive is missing. Device manager lists two hard drives...

:)

JR_934, Jan 1, 2019

2. Portable HD 1TB not reconized since Win10 Fall update

1TB SP Armor portable HD not recognized on 3.0 or 2.0 USB ports since Win10 Fall update. Ports will read USB flash drives. Also 1TB drive will read on another PC running Win 10 on both 3.0 & 2.0 ports. I have deleted drivers and reinstalled. Any suggestions
    will be helpful. Thanks, Tom

Tomgee8853, Jan 1, 2019
  3. GSG-9 Win User
    Lost the Seagate...

The drive seems to be completely dead, my computer will not boot if I have it connected...to the windows cd or the new installation on the F1 drive (which is the boot drive now by the way)

Thanks for the above article, im booting into Vista: U 64 right now, I cant follow those steps if the drive is in, it will lock up before it gets that far or if its not a cold boot the drive does not appear on the list.

GSG-9, Jan 1, 2019
  4. NIck_827 Win User

1TB hard drive changed to 31.6GBs' after Windows was installed on it.

Hello,

Recently I installed windows 10 onto my 1TB seagate hard drive which as I later found out was a bad idea as it had deleted all of its content for ever. I have asked Microsoft Help and they suggested all these idea's which didn't work. I understand that I
    need to format my hard drive again to change its size back to its original 1TB, however when I try and format it it simply gives me a horde of errors "unable to format" I have tried several methods and I am coming up with nothing.

I don't want to buy a new hard drive if this on is fixable, I'm sure anyone could understand that.

Things to not about resolving.

• I know there is no problem with the hard drive itself because I was using it non stop before I tried installing windows onto it.
    • I have tried several third party programs and non of them have seemed to do anything.

Thanks again and I hope this can be resolved.

-Nick

NIck_827, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Installing win10 I lost my 1TB drive - Similar Threads - Installing win10 lost

2. I installed a 1TB HDD on my laptop and it shows two drives what can I do for it to be one...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I installed a 1TB HDD on my laptop and it shows two drives what can I do for it to be one...: I have a 512SSD which is my C: drive. And I installed a 1TB HHD then it shows two drives D: , E:.Is there a way to merge this two drives and is it safe to reset the data from the drive because the HDD came from another laptop which contains files. My boot is in my SSD C:...
  3. Win10 installation drive problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 installation drive problems: So, when I boot from my drive, the HP Logo and the Windows setup look very big and blurred. Like if the setup is a small rectangle, on my PC, it's like covering 75% of my screen. Why?...
  4. i lost my d drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i lost my d drive: my laptop come with a C: and D: but when i shutdown my pc my D: was missing pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-d-drive/b2aa63e0-8424-418c-980a-80a54c5d98bf
  5. My 1TB D Drive disappeared.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My 1TB D Drive disappeared.: My D drive has not been working for a while and I have been constantly trying to fix it. What I would usually see when I go to file explorer and click this PC , is my c drive, with however many gigabytes are available for use with it, and my D drive, but not stating how much...
  6. Clone failed. New Win10 installation on 1TB SSD, old 1TB HDD in second slot of PC - how to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clone failed. New Win10 installation on 1TB SSD, old 1TB HDD in second slot of PC - how to...: There are files on the HDD that have only an unknown SID with "F" permissions. There also NTFS bugs living in the ACLs ~your permissions are not properly ordered~. In the list of ACLs only a single SID has Full power and that SID is unknown to the new Windows 10...
  7. i deleted my 1TB Data drive by mistake when installing windows is there any way to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i deleted my 1TB Data drive by mistake when installing windows is there any way to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ItsMalek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g0pccx/i_deleted_my_1tb_data_drive_by_mistake_when/
  8. Installing Win10 on a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 on a secondary drive: Hey guys, this is probably one of the most common topics but I can't find a clean answer to my specific question. I've got two SSDs, a small old one and a big new one. Due to problems of certain software I want the big drive to be my new main drive with Win10 on it....
  9. I have a 2tb Hard Drive to replace 1tb (install question) Win10x64

in Windows 10 Support
    I have a 2tb Hard Drive to replace 1tb (install question) Win10x64: OLD HD 1 TB with 800 GB on it 5 yrs old making grindy/clicky sounds for 6 mo still work (in now) NEW Western Digital 2 TB will be boot disk slot "C:" I know how to open a case, remove the old and install new (2TB). I am open to spending more money if needed (I can also have...
  10. Virtual hard drive made with partition wizard lost after win10 install

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual hard drive made with partition wizard lost after win10 install: As per title, i have this annoying issue. Having a 3TB hard drive in win7, after partitioning normally the first 2GB of it, i opted to use partition wizard to partition the remaining 1GB of the drive. It did so, i assume, by creating a permanent virtual hard drive. After...