Windows 10: Installing WIn10 on machine with no OS. Issues with partition creation

Discus and support Installing WIn10 on machine with no OS. Issues with partition creation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Lenovo 5-15ARH05. It came with no OS installed. When I try to create a partition it simply won't show. If I manually create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnaBura, Aug 4, 2020.

1. AnaBura Win User

Installing WIn10 on machine with no OS. Issues with partition creation

Hello,

I have a Lenovo 5-15ARH05. It came with no OS installed. When I try to create a partition it simply won't show. If I manually create a partition, and follow the required steps below, it will delete some file that came from manufacturer. Is that safe?

"This partition might contain files or applications from your computer manufacturer..."

1. list disk and make note of the disk number to install Windows to
    2. select disk=0 where disk 0 is your destination drive, so be careful, all information on this drive will be removed
    3. clean
    4. convert mbr
    5. create partition primary size=xxx where xxx – is the size of new partition
    6. select partition=1
    7. active
    8. format fs=ntfs quick
    9. assign
    10. exit

:)

AnaBura, Aug 4, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Toothless Win User
    Question about Win10 and partitions.

Installing WIn10 on machine with no OS. Issues with partition creation [​IMG]

So I have a partition ready for Win10 but my question is will I still be able to access my other partitions once Win10 is installed? I keep hearing about the "recovery partition won't be able to be used" and I'm wondering if Win10 just doesn't play nice or if I'm good to go.

Toothless, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Gusgf Win User

Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Got it working in the end, not sure what happened but now have bootable usb with Win10 on it.

Gusgf, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Installing WIn10 on machine with no OS. Issues with partition creation - Similar Threads - Installing WIn10 machine

2. Win10 Media Creation Tool failed to install win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Media Creation Tool failed to install win10: So after the recent windows 10 update, my computer is getting slow boot times, and the boot log says that wimmount.sys, WdFilter.sys, NDProxy.sys, and dxgkrnl.sys are not loaded. I tried sfc /scannow but the error message says "windows resource protection could not start the...
  3. Can't format old OS partition for a clean Win10 install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't format old OS partition for a clean Win10 install: I'm trying to do a clean Win10 installation on my old laptop, but the options to delete or format the disc partition where the old Win10 is installed are grayed out. How can i fix this ? Image Alternatively, If i choose to install without formatting the partition it says...
  4. OS installation issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OS installation issue: My is laptop dell inspiron 5378. One day all of a sudden my laptop stoped working. Battery was swollen and harddrive crashed. I replace them and tried to install OS. The issue is that the partition is not getting created and windows installation is not starting. I couldn't...
  5. installation of Win10 in a virtual machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    installation of Win10 in a virtual machine: I installed a licensed copy of Win 10 in a virtual machine and once I screwed it up beyond repair I deleted it and created another one. But when I went to activate it I wasn't able to because it was already assigned to another machine and I needed to call MS and spend 8...
  6. Installing Win10 on new machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 on new machine: Hey everyone, I'm selling a PC and am looking to install Windows on it for the new user. I have my own system with an ISO for Windows 10, as well as a blank 1TB hard drive intended for the PC being sold. I'm not entirely sure how to install the ISO on the blank hard drive so...
  7. Partition Creation Error

Partition Creation Error: How to solve the following error. We couldn't create a new partition. [Error: 0xa004e4d0] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/partition-creation-error/d55c9768-3608-44a8-905a-588664e053c2
  8. Disk partitioning, win10 installation

Disk partitioning, win10 installation: [img] Hello. Can somebody explain me what EFI System Partition is doing? Should i remove it? I've tryied already to install win10 from USB multiple times. After installation, pc restarts and starts to display UNACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, or , if i insert USB again and click...
  9. Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.

Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.: I was running Win7 and Ubuntu. Win7 suddenly refused to boot, so I deleted the partition with plans to uninstall. Win7 didn't like the drive anymore (couldn't create or find system partition). I tried various attempts with diskpart to repair the bootsector and MBR, to no...
  10. Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool: I want to install Win10 on a USB, simples BUT will the MCT let me do this NO! It's trying to reinstall it on my PC even though I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions here. Anyone know how I can download Win10 without having to go through the MCT so I can have a fresh...