Windows 10: Installing Win10 on new machine

Discus and support Installing Win10 on new machine in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I'm selling a PC and am looking to install Windows on it for the new user. I have my own system with an ISO for Windows 10, as well as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/davbedwards, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Installing Win10 on new machine

Hey everyone,

I'm selling a PC and am looking to install Windows on it for the new user. I have my own system with an ISO for Windows 10, as well as a blank 1TB hard drive intended for the PC being sold. I'm not entirely sure how to install the ISO on the blank hard drive so that windows can run on the new PC. I have installed Windows in the past with flash drives and DVDs, but I don't have either of those now. Is this even possible?

Thanks

submitted by /u/davbedwards
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/davbedwards, Jan 27, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Running activated Win10 on a new machine

My desktop is running a genuine Win7 Pro N retail. Can somebody tell me what happens if I upgrade to Win10 Pro on my old machine and later get a new one? Will I be able to install activated Win10 directly on my new machine, or will I have to reinstall
    Win7 and upgrade again to Win10? Or do something else? I'm not sure will I loose my licence if I buy a new computor, although it's a retail version? Thanks.

DragoŠtajduhar, Jan 27, 2020
  4. rau1 Win User

Installing Win10 on new machine

Buy and Install Win10 on Existing Machine

I have been given a discarded laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad). There is an installation of some software on it - I'm not sure what - and in any case I have neither a logon nor licence for that software.

The manufacturer site says the machine supports Win10.

I want to obtain Win10 Media so that I can load Win10 onto this machine, discarding in the process whatever software and data is on the laptop. Of course, I expect to pay for Win10 software in this scenario.

What are the key steps including:

- What are the options to acquire Win10 software (on suitable media) and licence?

- How do I get this onto the machine.

Is the process any different if I first remove the Laptop C: drive and replace it with an SSD?

Note: I have another computer (Win7) with internet access which I can use if required (eg. to download Win 10 if that is the right approach).

Thanks

Thema:

Installing Win10 on new machine

1. Installing Win10 on new machine - Similar Threads - Installing Win10 machine

2. BSOD - New machine, fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - New machine, fresh install: New computer, fresh install, and I'm getting strange behavior.I've had 3 random reboots without any warning and 2 bluescreens with logs below.You can find the dump logs here:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoGRdkH-FEyKr3k-qNhYn6TTJMAM?e=6n6qPrAny help appreciated....
  3. BSOD - New machine, fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - New machine, fresh install: New computer, fresh install, and I'm getting strange behavior.I've had 3 random reboots without any warning and 2 bluescreens with logs below.You can find the dump logs here:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoGRdkH-FEyKr3k-qNhYn6TTJMAM?e=6n6qPrAny help appreciated....
  4. installation of Win10 in a virtual machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    installation of Win10 in a virtual machine: I installed a licensed copy of Win 10 in a virtual machine and once I screwed it up beyond repair I deleted it and created another one. But when I went to activate it I wasn't able to because it was already assigned to another machine and I needed to call MS and spend 8...
  5. Win10 and virtual machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 and virtual machines: Is windows 10 home able to run virtual machines like “vm ware player” or do i need the pro version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-and-virtual-machines/2508a1ce-c3aa-4ad1-89cd-4e9ec25144be
  6. [Resolved] Moving Win10 License to a new machine - To UN-install or not? Help

[Resolved] Moving Win10 License to a new machine - To UN-install or not? Help: Hi, I have an HP system which has Windows 10 home pre-installed. The computer is registered with my Microsoft account. My goal is to move it to another instance of Windows 10 home on a VirtualBox machine. I have registered both computers with my microsoft account (both...
  7. Moving Win10 License to a new machine - To UN-install or not? Help

Moving Win10 License to a new machine - To UN-install or not? Help: Hi, I have an HP system which has Windows 10 home pre-installed. The computer is registered with my Microsoft account. My goal is to move it to another instance of Windows 10 home on a VirtualBox machine. I have registered both computers with my microsoft account (both...
  8. Best Way to Build A New Win10 Machine.

in Windows 10 Support
    Best Way to Build A New Win10 Machine.: I have this Gigabyte B75M-D3V board and an i3 cpu. And a new Seagate 1T hard drive. The drive is totally new. Hasn't been formatted or anything at all. What's the best way for me to get from here to a working Win10 system? I can't connect it to the internet right...
  9. Switching Installations to a New Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching Installations to a New Machine: I have Win 10 installed on my current Dell mid-tower - I downloaded the Win 10 installer and retrieved the installer activation "key." But I just purchased a newer Dell tower with no OS. I want to wipe the drive and install Win 10 fresh, using this same key. I have no use...
  10. Installing OneDrive etc on a new machine

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing OneDrive etc on a new machine: Considering a new Lenovo Yogo laptop. Here is my question. *I have a HP desktop with Windows 7. The Lenovo would replace it. I have Picasa on it (for photos, from Google)…as well as Google Drive, and OneDrive, and Dropbox. *Picasa displays all the various folders I have...