Windows 10: Installing Win10Pro64Bit from a Full Version USB stick over Win7Pro64Bit

Discus and support Installing Win10Pro64Bit from a Full Version USB stick over Win7Pro64Bit in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running Win7Pro64 and must upgrade to Win10 for my EMR. I'm hesitent to do a clean install as I have too much software I'd have to reinstall.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lynn M. Lindaman MD, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Installing Win10Pro64Bit from a Full Version USB stick over Win7Pro64Bit

I am running Win7Pro64 and must upgrade to Win10 for my EMR. I'm hesitent to do a clean install as I have too much software I'd have to reinstall. Cal I just Install it as an UPGRADE over Win7. I'm planning on purchasing a Win10Pro64Bit USB stick to install from.

:)

Lynn M. Lindaman MD, Jul 24, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 24, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized

Try method 2 under Windows 7 8 10 here:
    Free to Remove Readonly Attribute in Windows

Method 2: Clear readonly status with Diskpart

In Windows 10, 8, 7 OS, you are also able to run Diskpart in Command Prompt to clear read-only attribute on any partition on your computer. You can follow the tutorial below:

Step 1. Open Command Line and type Diskpart
    Step 2. Type list disk
    Step 3. Type select disk (disk number)
    Step 4. Type attributes disk clear readonly

Installing Win10Pro64Bit from a Full Version USB stick over Win7Pro64Bit [​IMG]

Then try Clean

NavyLCDR, Jul 24, 2019
  4. KittLee Win User

Installing Win10Pro64Bit from a Full Version USB stick over Win7Pro64Bit

Creating an installation USB stick

Installing Win10Pro64Bit from a Full Version USB stick over Win7Pro64Bit 4558cbb8-24e2-4ac7-88aa-715c13b96ec0.png

It says "Then have to find on the download file Steps for Creating an installation USB stick "

I don't really know what it means, and I can't find anything for installation USB stick in the
    Windows 10 ISO file.

Does anyone know what I should do?

KittLee, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Installing Win10Pro64Bit from a Full Version USB stick over Win7Pro64Bit

1. Installing Win10Pro64Bit from a Full Version USB stick over Win7Pro64Bit - Similar Threads - Installing Win10Pro64Bit Full

2. Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick: The install gets to 96% of installation then I get an error message. The error says that windows cannot install the required files. Make sure all files that are required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025DI’ve formatted the 1TB...
  3. Problems installing Windows 10 from USB stick.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems installing Windows 10 from USB stick.: Hello. I have built a desktop computer, and I am trying to install windows 10 on an M2 disk. I still have my system disk from the previous desktop, but as that is an HDD, I want to get rid of it to reduce ambient noise from the computer. I have created a windows 10...
  4. USB stick works with exFat but not with NTFS when full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB stick works with exFat but not with NTFS when full: I've just observed a very strange behavior. So I'm curious if anyone can explain this? I bought these cheap chinese USB sticks on amazon (x10 for $40 or something like this.) They originally came pre-formatted as FAT32. So I was trying to transfer several large files today...
  5. Clean installed windows with a media installation usb stick and I get this screen over and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean installed windows with a media installation usb stick and I get this screen over and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/stinkyspaghetti1357 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/egv946/clean_installed_windows_with_a_media_installation/
  6. backup drivers from Windows installation USB stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    backup drivers from Windows installation USB stick: I am in the middle of a horrible INACCESIBLE BOOT DEVICE BSOD, and the only good copies I seem to have of drivers I need are the ones from the windows usb installation flash drive. But the response to your command above is: ."Dism does not support servicing Windows PE with...
  7. Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick version 1803 problem

Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick version 1803 problem: Greeting people, I followed the instructions in this one, option 1: Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials I have tried 6 times, everytime only the Windows 10 home got installed not Windows 10 Pro. As of 11/03/2018, the only available...
  8. boot from USB stick?

in Windows 10 Support
    boot from USB stick?: Hi All, I just purchased a new windows 10, which came as a USB Flash stick and Im curious if I can use it as an emergency boot USB? in case computer wont boot normally? Thnx! 21792
  9. Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick

Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick: Hi, So, I can't find anything online about this, and I hope someone here can help! I'm building my own PC from scratch, and I want to install Windows 10 Pro, I bought the key and everything seemed OK. When I installed the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft...
  10. How to easily make an installation USB stick from an ISO

How to easily make an installation USB stick from an ISO: So you want to reinstall Windows 10, or maybe dual-boot with Linux? Then (especially with Linux) you are like "How to I make the ISO installable from?" Then you've come to the right place. Use this software called Rufus (rufus.akeo.ie). Its really fast and can use about any...