Windows 10: installing window 10 on a blank Hard Drive

Discus and support installing window 10 on a blank Hard Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I go about installing windows 10 on a blank hard drive? Its going into an older computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dmwyo1111, Jun 10, 2019.

1. dmwyo1111 Win User

installing window 10 on a blank Hard Drive

How do I go about installing windows 10 on a blank hard drive? Its going into an older computer

:)

dmwyo1111, Jun 10, 2019
  2. little cat, Jun 10, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

1. installing window 10 on a blank Hard Drive - Similar Threads - installing window blank

2. Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive: I am installing a new SSD on my wife's computer and she wants a fresh install rather than transferring everything over. I have everything ready to go, but have a few questions about the product key for Windows 10. It is activated with a digital licence linked to her...
  3. Install windows 10 into new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 into new hard drive: Hi, How do I install windows 10 into new hard drive? Thanks, Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-into-new-hard-drive/113be997-f406-4a25-b4f3-27585853d53f
  4. Hard drive not available, Windows install

Hard drive not available, Windows install: I am doing a clean install, Win10. I have added an IDE drive to the system. The bios sees it as P0, The install program sees it, but the install program says it is unavailable. Whats wrong?...
  5. New hard drive and install of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New hard drive and install of windows 10: I need to install a new hard drive which is about to fail according to my diagnostic disk. I think I can install the drive, but I need to know how to reinstall windows 10 afterwards. Is there anything with detailed instructions to guide me?...
  6. Install Windows 10 on a 4TB hard drive

Install Windows 10 on a 4TB hard drive: Windows 10 went into total meltdown (again). When copying files from my had drive to an external drive I noticed a lot of I/O errors, so I bought a new hard drive (4TB). Since Windows would not boot I downloaded the latest Windows 10 64-bit iso file and burned it to a DVD....
  7. New Hard Drive & Windows 10 Installation

New Hard Drive & Windows 10 Installation: My hard drive died, so I installed a new one. The original drive had windows 8 on it, which I had upgraded to Windows 10 for free back when it came out. The new (replacement drive) came with Windows 8. I tried to upgrade this to Windows 10, but the Microsoft site requires...
  8. Installing Windows 10 into a new hard drive

Installing Windows 10 into a new hard drive: Hello, so I recently had my hard drive in my laptop (Dell inspiron 17-7778) go out on me and I acquired a brand new one yet i never was able to get windows 10 backed up on to a USB, so i cannot acces my computer bast the boot up menu because of the damaged hard drive, and of...
  9. Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive

Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive: Greetings Sir, I have an old pc (7 years) and plan on replacing the hard drive with a new WD Black. I want to save my present drive and use it as a slave. I do not want to mirror my present drive over. Instead, I would like to start fresh on the new drive and pick and...
  10. windows 10 install on portable hard drive

windows 10 install on portable hard drive: Is there a way that I could download a version of windows 10 and install it on my portable hard drive as a trial or test before I buy the OS and find out my PC cannot run it or something weird like that happens? i know that you can put the real version on a portable HDD, but...