Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 always fails with BSOD "DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG"

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 always fails with BSOD "DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear community I have a brand new Dell Latitude 14 3400 laptop with a pre-installed Windows 10 Home Build 1903 on a NVME SK hynikx BC501 HFM256GDGTNG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sven Gschwend, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Installing Windows 10 always fails with BSOD "DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG"

Dear community

I have a brand new Dell Latitude 14 3400 laptop with a pre-installed Windows 10 Home Build 1903 on a NVME SK hynikx BC501 HFM256GDGTNG SSD. Everything works fine.

As there is only 70GB left on that 128GB SSD (50 GB used by OS ... geeee!) I bought with the laptop a brand new Adata Flash SX8200 Pro, 512GB, M.2.2280 SSD in order to replace the 128GB SSD.

What I did:

1. I booted my brand new Dell 14 3400 Laptop
    2. run all the required Windows Update
    3. Downloaded the Media Creation Tool 1903
    4. created a USB Boot stick with the Media Creation Tool
    5. Shutdown laptop
    6. replaced the SSDs
    7. plugged the usb stick
    8. bootet
    9. checked the BIOS if the new Adata SSD 512 GB SSD is recognized
    10. checked the BIOS if the USB stick is recognized
    11. rebooted
    12. I got the spinning dotted circles with the Dell logo
    13. after about 3mins I got the BSOD with stop code: "DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG"

OK, could happen, let's try: reboot, same error.

geeeeee, OK, let's try: every other usb port, same error

g***d, let's try: replace the brand new empty SSD with the original SSD, reboot, everything fine. OK.

I then created again with the Media Creation Tool 1903 a new bootable Image on another USB stick. rebooted, same error, tried all the usb ports, same error.

Then I tried both usb sticks on another laptop, Windows Installer starts just fine!

So I know, the usb boot medias are fine.

I then put in the original 128 SSD and the usb boot stick as well. The Windows Installer starts just fine!

So the question is: why does Windows Installer crash with a brand new empty SSD?

cheerioh

Sven

:)

Sven Gschwend, Sep 13, 2019

2. driver PNP watchdog

Hi

i'm stuck whit this BSOD driver pnp watchdog.

and i can't do anything at all.

when i start it says "unexpected shutdown detected"

then it looks as if it starts up and suddenly the BSOD comes up.

What can i do????

PepijnVeldboom, Sep 13, 2019
  3. martya2 Win User
    PNP DRIVER WATCHDOG

I have been trying to install the April2018 Update but I get a blue screen with the Stop Code PNP DRIVER WATCHDOG. Is there a workaround?

martya2, Sep 13, 2019
  4. Installing Windows 10 always fails with BSOD "DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG"

Driver PNP WATCHDOG error on Win 10 64 1709 to 1803 update

No joy with uninstalling nvidia drivers before update

Used DDU, then disconnected from router.

Used thumb drive with ISO on it.

When setting up asked it not to install updates with new Win 10

BSOD on 42% whilst updating

Same error codes and Driver PNP Watchdog

"Install failed on FIRST_BOOT phase with error during SYSPREP operation"

Three things I note in Device Manager (hidden)

Large number 40+ copies of generic volume shadow copies

Also multiple black and grey storage volumes

Grasping at straws here - Could the Watchdog error be associated with the Intel Watchdog Timer driver in System devices?

TIA

CB

ChristopherBontein, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 always fails with BSOD "DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG"

1. Installing Windows 10 always fails with BSOD "DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG" - Similar Threads - Installing always fails

2. DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-pnp-watchdog/e6588141-5f11-4ec0-ad10-c217adcbe3c0
  3. DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-pnp-watchdog/e6588141-5f11-4ec0-ad10-c217adcbe3c0
  4. DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to boot into windows Bsod: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

Unable to boot into windows Bsod: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG: Question: I was having windows 10 home version on my new laptop and one day it after i login to my pc, The pc will go black and show only cursors and when i was trying to fix that i reseted the pc and it won't boot after that it stuck on the mafucaturer logo and load for...
  6. PNP driver watchdog error when installing windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PNP driver watchdog error when installing windows 10.: Hi all. Fresh out of luck at the moment. I have tried two different M2 drivers, various usbs for the bootable media and also a 2018 version of windows 10. Any one have any idea what this could be? or could point me in the right direction to the log files after theses failed...
  7. windows 10 feature update fails - driver pnp watchdog

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 feature update fails - driver pnp watchdog: Trying to update Windows 10 Pro from 1709 to 1909. It fails with Stop error driver pnp watchdog. I notice also that Windows Update seems to be corrupt as well. It has KB4493440 waiting to download but yet when I went to manually download and install, it said it was...
  8. Touchpad only works in UEFI/BIOS, Windows 10 install fails with BSOD "Driver PNP Watchdog"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad only works in UEFI/BIOS, Windows 10 install fails with BSOD "Driver PNP Watchdog": laptop is new HP 14 laptop with Ryzen 3. I was able to install windows 8.1, but unable to upgrade to 10. cant install 10 from any installation media, it wont boot, and BSODs with the same BSOD stop code. I used several different drives and tried redoing them with new ISO...
  9. Driver PNP watchdog

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver PNP watchdog: Help, I don't know what to do... I've tried so much and I can't figure it out... I can't even launch into windows... submitted by /u/empoleon621 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fb95fb/driver_pnp_watchdog/
  10. Unbootable BSOD: Driver PNP watchdog

Unbootable BSOD: Driver PNP watchdog: Hey Everyone, I've been handed a clients device which is currently displaying a BSOD error and Is completely unable to boot; (into both Normal windows or Safe mode) I tried using a Windows Recovery USB... also unable to boot into and displays the same error. So far the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell laptop stop code driver pmp watchdog

2. Windows 10 install error Driver PNP watchdog

3. windows 10 installer pnp