Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 from Answer File, no activation key

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 from Answer File, no activation key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I am using a mac with a broken screen. When I use Bootcamp Assistant I get stuck on a black screen I can only assume is the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GabrielHusain, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Installing Windows 10 from Answer File, no activation key

Hi all,

I am using a mac with a broken screen. When I use Bootcamp Assistant I get stuck on a black screen I can only assume is the Windows installation page. Due to my broken screen I cannot see it.

To remedy the situation, I intend to install using bootcamp along with an answer file which should allow me to install bootcamp without seeing the installation.

I am using this site currently, however would find it helpful if someone could explain how I can create an answer file without an activation key.

https://windowsafg.com/win10x86_x64.html

:)

GabrielHusain, Jun 10, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 10, 2020
  3. ironwolf Win User
    Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Two quick ways to use your Windows 7 key during the install:

1. When asked for the serial #, put in that Windows 7 serial # and continue on. It should activate as soon as it hits an internet connection.

2. When asked for the serial #, at bottom of window click on the I don't have a serial # text (or whatever it says). It will then ask what version you want to install, ie. Home or Pro. Be sure to install the right version that matches your Windows 7 key. Then once you get into windows you can activate by putting in the key. Some people prefer this method, not sure why honestly. Easier to do #1, since the installer will see your key and know which flavor of Windows 10 you are trying to install.

ironwolf, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Installing Windows 10 from Answer File, no activation key

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Thank you, but I still want to know if I can do a clean installation of Windows with my new SSD whilst my old Windows is still installed on the other pc?

MichaelDFF, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 from Answer File, no activation key

1. Installing Windows 10 from Answer File, no activation key - Similar Threads - Installing Answer File

2. Windows 10 answer file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 answer file: Hopefully this is a simple question to answer... We have an answer file for all Windows 10 builds going out that does everything to join the new machine to our domain until the login screen. The problem is that it tries to login with the local administrator account but we do...
  3. Windows cannot read the <Product Key> from the unattend answer file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot read the <Product Key> from the unattend answer file: [IMG] Hi, I've made a USB drive to reinstall windows onto a new system I've just built and when it goes through its start up I get this message then it, restarts and repeats itself again? Any ideas on how to get around this? Would I have to make a new windows 10 bootable...
  4. Oobe install windows 10 ent. Ltsc with answer file

Oobe install windows 10 ent. Ltsc with answer file: Hi everybody, I'm new in the forum, and hope you can help me! I've been using an automatic deploy automation for the images of the computers we install in the machines we build, with windows 7. I used an answer file created with windows aik, and worked perfectly for years...
  5. Windows 10 Clean Install Error: "Windows cannot read <product key> from unattend answer file"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Clean Install Error: "Windows cannot read <product key> from unattend answer file": Hello, I've build a new PC and I ran in some trouble while installing windows. At first I created a bootable USB stick with an older windows iso that I had stored somewhere and rufus. I installed windows, no issues there, but I bumped into network driver issues. In ubuntu...
  6. Windows 10 Clean Install Error: "Windows cannot read <product key> from unattend answer file"

Windows 10 Clean Install Error: "Windows cannot read <product key> from unattend answer file": Hello, I've build a new PC and I ran in some trouble while installing windows. At first I created a bootable USB stick with an older windows iso that I had stored somewhere and rufus. I installed windows, no issues there, but I bumped into network driver issues. In ubuntu...
  7. Stuck on Windows 10 Answer File: Unable to read Product Key

Stuck on Windows 10 Answer File: Unable to read Product Key: So, I've been tinkering with answer files for unattended installs. I'm doing a test before I start applying them to image roll-outs. I've re-made my autounattend.xml about 7 times now. it's quite frustration. I have the generic Windows 10 Pro key in the file, but it refuses...
  8. Apply unattended answer file to Windows 10 install media

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply unattended answer file to Windows 10 install media: How to: Apply unattended answer file to Windows 10 install media [img] Information We have multiple tutorials on Ten Forums about creating a custom Windows install media and automating Windows Setup and OOBE. All those tutorials are intended for advanced users, requiring...
  9. Answer File migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Answer File migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Good Day, Hoping someone can shed some light. We are moving towards a Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade in the near future, and planning on deployment steps. We currently have a highly customized Windows 7 Answer file created, which took much time to work out all the...
  10. windows 10 autoattended file ( answer file )

windows 10 autoattended file ( answer file ): Do you have any idea how to create Windows 10 autoattended file ? It is normal for system builder use. Any help would be appreciated.*Smile*Smile 13134