Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 from USB onto an new SSD, while keeping old HDD for Storage on a...

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 from USB onto an new SSD, while keeping old HDD for Storage on a... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a new SSD and I want to install Windows 10 Home Same OS as on the current HDD on it.I want to keep my current HDD which has Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Seiki Sands, May 3, 2021.

1. Installing Windows 10 from USB onto an new SSD, while keeping old HDD for Storage on a...

I bought a new SSD and I want to install Windows 10 Home Same OS as on the current HDD on it.I want to keep my current HDD which has Windows 10 installed as a storage drive. The system has a UEFI BIOS and Secure Boot enabled.I've already created the Windows 10 USB installation media and backed up the files I wish to keep from my existing HDD.What's next?I assume I...1. Turn off Secure Boot or is this only if I run into trouble booting from the stick2. unplug the HDD from MB and Power Supply, install the SSD3. Change to a Legacy BIOS4. Change Boot Order to USB Stick first5. Install W

:)

Seiki Sands, May 3, 2021

2. Installing Windows on m.2 ssd keeping old hdd

Hi

I purchased a new m.2 ssd .I want to install windows 10 on it.But i also want to keep my old hdd for storage (which currently has win 10) .How can I format the old and install win 10 on new ssd?

Also link the necessary resources and links please.My dell laptop is almost new and i dont want to mess it up.

Thank you.

MihirLonkar, May 3, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Installation to new SSD while keeping old HDD

Installed a new SSD, so my PC now has two drives. Have been running Windows 10 on the old HDD. I want to install Windows 10 on the new SSD. Using the Windows ISO DVD I made there is no choice where to install WIndows 10. I am not sure how to remove Windows
    10 from the old HDD and install it on the SSD to speed up boot.

I read where you cannot remove Windows 10 from the original HDD. Not sure if that is true.

ChuckDeVries, May 3, 2021
  4. brify Win User

Installing Windows 10 from USB onto an new SSD, while keeping old HDD for Storage on a...

Storage setup with a SSD and HDD

Hi

I have just purchased an HP Pavillion Desktop with a 256GB SSD and 2TB HDD, I have initialised windows, choosing to use OneDrive for backup and storage (I have 1TB cloud storage with 365) and also updated windows and drivers. I have not transferred
    any data from my old pc yet.

I now wish to setup the pc to have the operating system and program files on the SSD as they are currently and all my Files/Pictures/Music etc on the HDD but I am unsure of the correct procedures and order in which to carry them out. I also want to
    continue using OneDrive for backup and file access from other devices.

I am aware of the following:

• The OneDrive folder is currently on the SSD and is backing up the default Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I wish to move this folder to the HDD but I am not when to do this, looking at the steps below, to prevent any sync issues
    • I know I can move my user folders, Documents, Pictures etc to the HDD by changing the location of these from C: (SSD) to D: (HDD), leaving the User/Username folder on C:
    • I have also noticed that in Settings/System/Storage I can 'change the location where new content is saved' for these folders, what is the difference between this and moving the location of the folders as detailed above.

Can anyone advise on the best/correct method of setting my system up going forward?

Thanks

brify, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 from USB onto an new SSD, while keeping old HDD for Storage on a...

1. Installing Windows 10 from USB onto an new SSD, while keeping old HDD for Storage on a... - Similar Threads - Installing USB onto

2. Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD: My PC has a WD 1 T HDD as the primary drive with Win 10 installed. There is also an 2nd older WD HDD for data storage purposes if ever needed - unlikely.I recently bought a new 500 GB SSD drive. I would like to install my WIN 10 on the new SSD using it as the primary drive.To...
  3. Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD: My PC has a WD 1 T HDD as the primary drive with Win 10 installed. There is also an 2nd older WD HDD for data storage purposes if ever needed - unlikely.I recently bought a new 500 GB SSD drive. I would like to install my WIN 10 on the new SSD using it as the primary drive.To...
  4. Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Installing a new version of windows on SSD while using existing HDD as storage.

Installing a new version of windows on SSD while using existing HDD as storage.: As said in the title, I am trying to install a new version of windows 10 onto my SSD but want to use my existing HDD as a storage drive. My HDD is currently running windows but I have been having troubles recently so I decided to buy a new copy using windows 10 pro but want...
  6. Cannot install apps from previous HDD onto new SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot install apps from previous HDD onto new SSD: So I've been dealing with this problem for months and cannot figure out how to fix it. I replaced my old HDD with a new SSD and wanted to make it a clean slate, so I did not transfer over my files from the HDD to the SSD. However, now I'm getting all kinds of errors when I...
  7. Problem installing windows 10 from usb onto new ssd

Problem installing windows 10 from usb onto new ssd: Recently my Hard Drive on my HP laptop died on me so I decided to buy a working 120 gb Kingston SSD. The problem was I had no other windows device to get a copy of Windows 10 onto my USB so I just downloaded the latest windows 10 ISO from the official Microsoft website. So...
  8. Windows 10 Installation to new SSD while keeping old HDD

Windows 10 Installation to new SSD while keeping old HDD: Installed a new SSD, so my PC now has two drives. Have been running Windows 10 on the old HDD. I want to install Windows 10 on the new SSD. Using the Windows ISO DVD I made there is no choice where to install WIndows 10. I am not sure how to remove Windows 10 from the old HDD...
  9. Copying Windows 10 to new SSD from existing HDD while upgrading to SSD from HDD.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Copying Windows 10 to new SSD from existing HDD while upgrading to SSD from HDD.: Hi, I'm thinking about updating my 2 years old laptop from HDD to SSD. Since my HDD is still in working condition, I plan to use it as an external HDD. I have a pre-installed Windows 10 Home on my laptop.Is it possible for me to transfer it to the new SSD while upgrading?...
  10. Installing Windows 10 on a brand new laptop with SSD and HDD storage

Installing Windows 10 on a brand new laptop with SSD and HDD storage: I bought a new laptop that has an HDD and an SSD, the laptop has no Windows pre installed (it's free DOS) and I want to install Windows 10 on it. My question is, how to install the windows on the SSD and not the HDD? I mean, on the screen that shows "where do you want to...