Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 giving me fits

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 giving me fits in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday I went over to a friends home (my computer guru's) and we installed Windows 10 Home. It had a few minor glitches and we thought we had solved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, May 25, 2019.

1. huffman Win User

Installing Windows 10 giving me fits

Yesterday I went over to a friends home (my computer guru's) and we installed Windows 10 Home. It had a few minor glitches and we thought we had solved those. When I got home things went from bad to worse. I can NOT even describe what all it was doing.

When it booted up, the only thing on the main screen was the background image installed during installation. There was NOT even a Recycle bin icon. On the task bar there were several icons. When I clicked on say "Edge", it seems to open but did NOT show on the screen. I had no idea how to fix this so I decided to reinstall Windows again.

At some point during the install I got the following error message

Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. n EFI systems, Windows can only be installed on GPT disks.

I did a search and found what I think is a fix for that, but not really sure. It is located at the following link:
    Windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk has an MBR partition table - YouTube

I am not sure if this is common problem or not. According to that link it is a lengthy process and fairly complicated. If anyone has better suggestions I am open to any possibilities.

BTW the computer has two hard drives. The Primary is a single partition drive, and secondary hard drive has 3 (data) partitions.

If I can think of anything else I will add to this post. I hope someone has reasonable explanation for this even.

Thanks

:)

huffman, May 25, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 25, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 25, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Installing Windows 10 giving me fits - Similar Threads - Installing giving fits

2. PC is giving me fits

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is giving me fits: My PC is giving me fits, whenever i go to play a game such as minecraft or rocketleague. some days, it runs nice, ill get 1k+ fps for minecraft, and nearly 400fps for rocketleague. but the past 2 days have been awful. minecraft is stuck at 30fps, and ive done all i could...
  3. PC is giving me fits

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is giving me fits: My PC is giving me fits, whenever i go to play a game such as minecraft or rocketleague. some days, it runs nice, ill get 1k+ fps for minecraft, and nearly 400fps for rocketleague. but the past 2 days have been awful. minecraft is stuck at 30fps, and ive done all i could...
  4. Clean Install of Windows 10 keeps giving me blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Install of Windows 10 keeps giving me blue screens: Hello,My computer has been failing on me a lot recently, but I thought, no big deal, I need to do a big clean up anyway, so might as well start over on a blank slate with a fresh install of Windows 10. I just completed it, but my issues keep happening. I keep getting crashes...
  5. Clean Install of Windows 10 keeps giving me blue screens

Clean Install of Windows 10 keeps giving me blue screens: Hello,My computer has been failing on me a lot recently, but I thought, no big deal, I need to do a big clean up anyway, so might as well start over on a blank slate with a fresh install of Windows 10. I just completed it, but my issues keep happening. I keep getting crashes...
  6. Windows 10 installation not giving me an option to repair...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installation not giving me an option to repair...: [ATTACH] Last night my BIOS reports "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system." BIOS boot error So I removed the boot drive and hooked it up to another PC to see if I can read it... all the files were there and...
  7. Installings gives me an error message

Installings gives me an error message: Whenever I try to install an app I get the follow error message. It just apps. "Operation did not complete successfuly because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" Would disabling windows defender fix this? I just use malwarebytes anyway. Don't like...
  8. Installing Windows 10 giving me fits

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 giving me fits: Yesterday I went over to a friends home (my computer guru's) and we installed Windows 10 Home. It had a few minor glitches and we thought we had solved those. When I got home things went from bad to worse. I can NOT even describe what all it was doing. When it booted up,...
  9. Is it me or is the windows store not fit for purpose for gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it me or is the windows store not fit for purpose for gaming?: Having an absolutely awful time with gaming via the windows store, so much that I've cancelled my gamepass subscription. Is it just me or is this just totally unfit for use? Simple tasks like trying to find and launch the games I own are tediously long winded while seeing...
  10. Cloning my 9879 istallation is giving me fits......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning my 9879 istallation is giving me fits......: I have been trying to clone my windows 10 9879 installation to an empty SSD . I have tried the software that came with my Samsung drive (data migration) sometimes it sees the drives and sometimes it doesn't. If I get it to start the process it checks the system for about 7...