Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 Home on my clean SSD, while using an unactivated Windows 10 PRO

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 Home on my clean SSD, while using an unactivated Windows 10 PRO in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello!I've recently made hardware changes on my PC new motherboard and CPU and my previous copy of Windows 10 pro updated from a volume licensed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MatiasChagra, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Installing Windows 10 Home on my clean SSD, while using an unactivated Windows 10 PRO

Hello!I've recently made hardware changes on my PC new motherboard and CPU and my previous copy of Windows 10 pro updated from a volume licensed Windows 7 is now unactivated. Since i can't get in touch with the previous organization that sold me this PC with my current W10 version, i've decided to purchase a new license for Windows 10 home.However, i'm having issues downloading the installation tool https://www.microsoft.com/es-mx/software-download/windows10, as the button for doing so does absolutely nothing.Furthermore, will i be able to boot windows 10 home from my SSD and keep a

:)

MatiasChagra, Aug 4, 2021

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Aug 4, 2021
  4. qubit Win User

Installing Windows 10 Home on my clean SSD, while using an unactivated Windows 10 PRO

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Where exactly did you get this "windows pro" key from? If it's off eBay or something, then perhaps you've been sold a dud key. Also, it's not clear if you mean you bought windows 10 pro or an earlier version of windows as there's no such thing as "windows pro".

Do you have an Windows 7 or 8.1? If so, install that, download the ISO with the media creation tool and burn it to disc. Then run it as an upgrade. After that, the components hash of your PC will give you a digital entitlement for a clean install, so just bought off that disc, wipe the partitions and install it clean. It will auto activate over the internet once installed.

qubit, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 Home on my clean SSD, while using an unactivated Windows 10 PRO

1. Installing Windows 10 Home on my clean SSD, while using an unactivated Windows 10 PRO - Similar Threads - Installing Home clean

2. Upgrading an unactivated Windows 10 Home to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading an unactivated Windows 10 Home to Windows 11 Pro: Hi,I will be building a PC for the first time in the coming week or so, but currently have a placeholder graphics card until I am able to afford a new one. This GPU R9 380 only has drivers for Windows 10 due to not being supported anymore, therefore I will have to install...
  3. Upgrading an unactivated Windows 10 Home to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading an unactivated Windows 10 Home to Windows 11 Pro: Hi,I will be building a PC for the first time in the coming week or so, but currently have a placeholder graphics card until I am able to afford a new one. This GPU R9 380 only has drivers for Windows 10 due to not being supported anymore, therefore I will have to install...
  4. Upgrading an unactivated Windows 10 Home to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. upgrading from windows 10 home unactivated to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrading from windows 10 home unactivated to windows 10 pro: i have used my PC with an unactivated copy of Windows 10 home and now i wanted to activate it and switch to windows 10 Pro. i have bought a fresh key for windows 10 Pro and have tried to use it to upgrade/activate my version. since i cant activate my unactivated windows 10...
  6. Clean install using Windows OEM in unactivated PC?

Clean install using Windows OEM in unactivated PC?: I have an Acer laptop that is unactivated because of a bootlegged Windows install from 4 years ago. I would like to do a clean install using a Windows OEM but I'm unsure how to do this safely. I've only seen forums that say clean installs from previously activated PCs so I...
  7. Unactivated Windows 10 Home upgrade to Wndows 10 Pro

Unactivated Windows 10 Home upgrade to Wndows 10 Pro: Hi all, Tonight I installed an unactivated version of Windows 10 Home on an external SSD using my Macbook Pro. My plan is to run windows off the external dive to play games using Steam, and such while on vacation, etc. but still be able to use OSx. Some of the games are PC...
  8. Install Windows 10 Pro clean on Windows 10 Home

Install Windows 10 Pro clean on Windows 10 Home: Does anyone know how I install, not upgrade, W10 Pro on a laptop that has W10 Home? I bought a W10 Pro licence key off eBay and downloaded the W10 ISO file from Microsoft, but when I try to reinstall from the ISO file (on USB) it rejects a clean install. I already tried to...
  9. Windows 10 Pro N - Clean Install to SSD

Windows 10 Pro N - Clean Install to SSD: I'm installing a SSD on my computer and want to start off with a fresh copy of Windows 10. My current OS is Windows 10 Pro N. I'm guessing Microsoft wants my new install to be the N version as well. I downloaded an iso of Windows 10 Pro N and want to put in on a USB...
  10. Clean install windows 10 on my SSD

Clean install windows 10 on my SSD: I have a samsung 850 pro 256 gb SSD and the windows install disk i have keeps giving me the same trouble every time i try to clean install it on my SSD: "windows could not format a partition on disk 0 the error occurred while preparing the partition selected for...