Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 home onto a wiped hard drive

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 home onto a wiped hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm planning on donating my old PC. I wiped the hard drive, downloaded Windows 10, but when I try to install the download I get nothing. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnSingletary, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Installing Windows 10 home onto a wiped hard drive

I'm planning on donating my old PC. I wiped the hard drive, downloaded Windows 10, but when I try to install the download I get nothing. I tried switching the bootup to DVD or USB. The DVD spins for a minute then nothing. What am I doing wrong?

:)

JohnSingletary, Jul 24, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 home onto a wiped hard drive

I'm planning on donating my old PC. I wiped the hard drive, downloaded Windows 10, but when I try to install the download I get nothing. I tried switching the bootup to DVD or USB. The DVD spins for a minute then nothing. What am I doing wrong?

JohnSingletary, Jul 27, 2020
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    How to install Windows 7 onto a server?

We have a server in our office that currently has Windows Server 2003 on it. They used to actually use it and it became infested with spyware and such. They don't have the disk for it so I figured I would just install Windows 7 onto it since that's what I have. When it goes into the Windows 7 installation, the hard drive is not in the list. I imagine this might have something to do with there being 2 hard drives in a Raid configuration, though in my home PC I have raid as well and the hard drive still shows up, so I don't know.

From what I gather, the raid controller is Intel 82801GR, but I don't see a Windows 7 driver for that. Any thoughts on what I have to do to install Windows 7 on this server? It's an HP, but I think it might have been custom built because there is no model number on the case.

OrbitzXT, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Installing Windows 10 home onto a wiped hard drive

How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 home onto a wiped hard drive

1. Installing Windows 10 home onto a wiped hard drive - Similar Threads - Installing home onto

2. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive wipe: Hi,I need to wipe a external hard drive to reuse in another system. I thought about using ccleaner but I know it is unsafe. Just so you know I don't want to format it.Thanks...
  3. Wiping hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wiping hard drives: I am selling a pc it has 3 drives installed, i factory reset the pc and chose to delete all files, will this delete the files from all 3 drives or just the drive with the OS on?...
  4. Hard drive wipe

Hard drive wipe: I am having issues deleting files from my windows app folder on my secondary drive it either says i dont have access, need permission from system or error 0x80070780. I have tried all things i could find via a google search. I have 2 of them due to previous issues each with...
  5. Installing old hard drive onto windows 10

Installing old hard drive onto windows 10: Hi, im upgrading my moms old pc to a new windows 10 one, the problem is how do i get her old hard drive files onto the new pc. Pc is running off of a new ssd with fresh windows 10 pro installed. When i plug in her old hard drive which still works fine but has windows vista...
  6. Windows installation on a wiped hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installation on a wiped hard drive: Hi a few months ago I accidentley used the clean command on my main computer’s hard drive. So one person told me to purchase media or burn it to a storage device you have. Well I purchased the media. But it would just loop into random errors. Whoever knows this problem please...
  7. wipe of hard drive

wipe of hard drive: I am trying to wipe my hard drive so I can donate my HP desktop to charity I tried the recovery option but after a long long while it failed to make any changes. I have tried DBAN but for whatever reason it also would not work and just gave me the option of altering the dvd...
  8. Wiping Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Wiping Hard Drive: Hello! I just downloaded a bootable windows onto an usb stick and I from there booted up the computer from the USB stick and formatted all the disks inside the laptop. Then exitted the program. Now when I boot up the computer it just says "No operating System Installed" My...
  9. Wiped Hard Drive Won’t Install Windows

Wiped Hard Drive Won’t Install Windows: I have a computer where the power went out while it was rebooting. I couldn’t fix it for months, so I used my Windows USB drive to try and redownload Windows and cleared all the partitions, so my computer should be completely blank. Except every time I try to reinstall...
  10. Fresh Win10 install onto a wiped wiped hard drive

Fresh Win10 install onto a wiped wiped hard drive: My friend has an AIO desktop computer that came with Win 8 and updated to 8.1 and finally Windows 10. She had many problems with Windows 10 and her daughter wiped the hard drive clean and the computer has been sitting there doing nothing since Dec 2016 I suspect she can...