Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 in a Linux OS Laptop

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 in a Linux OS Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My Laptop was shipped with Ubuntu 12.04 . Ubuntu had been removed somehow,( I am not sure how it was done) and Windows 7 was Installed. Now, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IbnAbdullah, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Installing Windows 10 in a Linux OS Laptop

Hello,

My Laptop was shipped with Ubuntu 12.04 . Ubuntu had been removed somehow,( I am not sure how it was done) and Windows 7 was Installed. Now, I tried updating it to Windows 10 using the Windows Media Creation Tool

The installation got stuck at 75% percent and the laptop restarts. Also, I am unbale to install or use the Live session of Ubuntu now.

How should I proceed now?

LAPTOP MODEL : Dell Inspiron 3542

:)

IbnAbdullah, Nov 22, 2018

2. How to install Windows 10 OS onto Laptop with Linux OS

How do I install the Windows 10 Home OS onto a laptop with a Linux OS. I was concerned and before I placed the order for the Windows 10 OS Download I was ensured by Microsoft support chat there would be no problems if followed the links. I followed the
    links but the Linux OS doesn't seem to recognize the Windows auto run or set up files. Is there a process for this installment.

nelsonconboy, Nov 22, 2018
  3. mitya Win User
    Buying with laptop no OS and installing Linux... headache?

As the title says I'm thinking of buying an OS-less laptop and installing Linux. I am interested in whether this will likely lead to problems with things like - oh, I don't know - GPU drivers, wireless etc? Or should all that stuff just work, as it would have if the laptop had come with an OS?

Thanks in advance

p.s. I've never installed an OS before. Presumably I'll need Linux on a CD first.

mitya, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Scrizz Win User

Installing Windows 10 in a Linux OS Laptop

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 in a Linux OS Laptop

1. Installing Windows 10 in a Linux OS Laptop - Similar Threads - Installing Linux Laptop

2. How do I install Windows from a Linux OS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Windows from a Linux OS.: I have this laptop that I bought with Windows already on it. I was trying to put a second OS on it but instead I completely replaced Windows with Debian. Now I'd like to switch back but when I boot from USB to install windows I get an error saying I'm missing a driver....
  3. How do I install Windows from a Linux OS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install Windows from a Linux OS.: I have this laptop that I bought with Windows already on it. I was trying to put a second OS on it but instead I completely replaced Windows with Debian. Now I'd like to switch back but when I boot from USB to install windows I get an error saying I'm missing a driver....
  4. How do I install Windows from a Linux OS.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. $$$ of switching linux os back to win on a dell laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    $$$ of switching linux os back to win on a dell laptop.: None of the products listed match my question. Have a linux os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/of-switching-linux-os-back-to-win-on-a-dell-laptop/01972a14-4d43-4490-80ce-c66614feb962
  6. Installing Windows 10 on a laptop with faulty?? Linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows 10 on a laptop with faulty?? Linux: I just received my new laptop in the mail (a pretty meh Dell Inspiron 5401 i5/8gb/mx330). Anyways, the laptop is supposed to have Linux installed on it (the model wasn't available with Windows 10 atm) . According to a relative of mine it shouldn't require too much hassle to...
  7. Installing Windows via USB Boot on a LINUX OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows via USB Boot on a LINUX OS: Hello, recently I have installed a Linux based operating system (Parrot specifically if it helps) via Unetbootin, and realised I should have just used it from live boots and not change the whole operating system. Now I am stuck, all the USB Boot softwares seem to be Windows...
  8. Use 2 OS in one laptop ,Windows & Linux

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Use 2 OS in one laptop ,Windows & Linux: Actually, I have bought a new laptop, I have installed windows 10 but I want to to use Linux OS also, how I can set up both OS ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-2-os-in-one-laptop-windows-linux/7e734d2f-2deb-4ca8-b000-db715a30a3b0
  9. How to install windows 10 on linux laptop-endless os to be specific?

How to install windows 10 on linux laptop-endless os to be specific?: I just got the Acer swift 3 sf-314-52 running endless os but i need windows 10. I already have a bootable windows installer drive ready. So what steps do i follow? Do I have to make any changes to the BIOS before attempting the install and do I have to update the BIOS after...
  10. Asus laptop Pre-installed with Linux OS. How do I install windows 10?!

Asus laptop Pre-installed with Linux OS. How do I install windows 10?!: Right. I bought this laptop, the spec is decent and the price was cheap. I realized it was so cheap because it didn't have a windows OS installed on it. I thought "That's fine, you're decent when it comes to computers. Just buy windows 10 and install it yourself!". No. Just...