Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 in another language

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 in another language in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys! I am curious whether it's possible to install Windows 10 in another language. For example if I bought my copy in let's say Germany can I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Darcorn, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Darcorn Win User

Installing Windows 10 in another language

Hi guys!

I am curious whether it's possible to install Windows 10 in another language. For example if I bought my copy in let's say Germany can I use an ISO of W10 in English or am I stuck with German? Will my license allow such a change?

Thanks!

:)

Darcorn, Oct 3, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 3, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Installing Windows 10 in another language

Windows 10 Installed in the Wrong Language?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-edition/930628cd-18a0-4a21-8270-284584397495

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 in another language

1. Installing Windows 10 in another language - Similar Threads - Installing another language

2. Apps are in another language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps are in another language: Why the hell are apps like Mail, Calendar, Weather and Clock in Greek, when my Windows installation is set to English - Canada?Yes I do live in Greece, but still, why is it in Greek? It didn't do it before. Btw, I just formatted this computerwith a fresh installation of...
  3. Apps are in another language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps are in another language: Why the hell are apps like Mail, Calendar, Weather and Clock in Greek, when my Windows installation is set to English - Canada?Yes I do live in Greece, but still, why is it in Greek? It didn't do it before. Btw, I just formatted this computerwith a fresh installation of...
  4. add another language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add another language: i f i add Russian in settings as antoher languagee. WHERE and how does the keyboard appear? it is a touch onscreen keyboard.Since I'm on a laptop I don't understand where/what is the keyboad. Do you have a screenshot my chance of how this looks and is set up?I went on yutube...
  5. add another language

add another language: i f i add Russian in settings as antoher languagee. WHERE and how does the keyboard appear? it is a touch onscreen keyboard.Since I'm on a laptop I don't understand where/what is the keyboad. Do you have a screenshot my chance of how this looks and is set up?I went on yutube...
  6. I can not install another language, why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not install another language, why?: I can not install another language, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-install-another-language-why/6d5618f8-c30d-4ff9-80f8-b1b98ea3a5f6
  7. I can not install another language, why?

I can not install another language, why?: I can not install another language, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-install-another-language-why/6d5618f8-c30d-4ff9-80f8-b1b98ea3a5f6
  8. Numpad codes are in another language

Numpad codes are in another language: I wanted to write the delta code using ALT + Numpad codes. I searched the internet and the code for delta is ALT+ 916 and ALT + 235. I tried these codes and got other symbols, like ALT + 916 = Ф; ALT + 235 = ы; Then I tried other codes and not all of them correspond to the...
  9. Cant type in another language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant type in another language: So, I'm trying to type in korean so that i can learn a bit of korean but when i tried to set my keyboard to korean no matter how many tutorials i follow, even if they are the same or different, so i decided to look up the issue and everything i found never worked....
  10. install another language corrector

in Windows 10 Customization
    install another language corrector: how can i install french corrention options to word and Gmail box for window?thanks in advance... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/install-another-language-corrector/08871549-cd3e-42a4-9252-531c6da28076

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add language to win 10

2. how to switch to another language in windows

3. another language cannot install

4. how to install another language on windows 10,
  5. how to install another language wondows 10