Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 - no space in disk 0

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 - no space in disk 0 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to work my way through the installation for Windows 10 through a USB. I get through the first couple steps in the process, and then end up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kjwells94, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Kjwells94 Win User

Installing Windows 10 - no space in disk 0

I am trying to work my way through the installation for Windows 10 through a USB. I get through the first couple steps in the process, and then end up stuck in the "Where do you want to install Windows?" screen.

I see Drive 0 Unallocated Space.. total size 0.0 MB, free space 0.0 MB. I obviously cannot load it here. When I click the error message, I get the following error message:

"This partition is too small. Make the size of this partition at least 9388 MB or select another partition.

Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

1.) When I try to create a new partition, it auto selects the size as 7 MB, but then the "Apply" button doesn't work.

2.) I have checked the BIOS menu, and the disk controller is [Enabled].

This seems similar to the question posed here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/re-installing-windows-10-via-usb-installation/bc85d01e-97bc-4ef5-8bc5-b4efc7c65611

Answer:

"When the option is displayed to select an installation type, click (Custom Advanced)
    Press Shift + F10 on your keyboard
    type the following commands
    DISKPART
    Hit Enter
    list volume
    Next you will select the volume where you would like to install Windows 10
    Type: select disk #
    # represents the number the volume
    Type: clean
    convert mbr
    create partition primary
    active
    format quick fs=ntfs
    exit
    exit"

However, this answer did not work for me. I got through "clean", and when I type "convert mbr", I get the following message:

"DiskPart has encountered an error: Incorrect function.

See the System Event Log for more information."

What do I do now? I have looked up various answers online, and nothing seems to be working. I'm cautious to try to do anything to the physical parts of the computer, as I don't have any experience with that.

:)

Kjwells94, Aug 23, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Aug 23, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 23, 2018
  4. nseibel14 Win User

Windows 10 Disk Management - cannot extend C: drive to allocated space

Hello, I followed all of the steps listed and it is still not working. The issue may be that the unallocated space is located on Disk 1 when my C: drive is on Disk 0 and I cannot seem to get them both on the same disk. Do you know if there is a solution
    for this?

nseibel14, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Installing Windows 10 - no space in disk 0 - Similar Threads - Installing space disk

2. Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue: HiAny suggestions on what i can do to rectify storage space issues on this setup would be greatly appreciated. I have all my photos files personal docs etc on disc 1 D: but disc 0 C:is still maxed out....
  3. Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue: HiAny suggestions on what i can do to rectify storage space issues on this setup would be greatly appreciated. I have all my photos files personal docs etc on disc 1 D: but disc 0 C:is still maxed out....
  4. unallocated space on disk 0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unallocated space on disk 0: i have windows and everything on disk 0 6tb but i saw it was getting full so i got a 4tb disk for backup. then i see that disk 0 s only using 2tb while the rest is unallocated. tried to extend volume gives error only first 2tb are usable on large mbr disks. conot create...
  5. unallocated space on disk 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unallocated space on disk 0: i have windows and everything on disk 0 6tb but i saw it was getting full so i got a 4tb disk for backup. then i see that disk 0 s only using 2tb while the rest is unallocated. tried to extend volume gives error only first 2tb are usable on large mbr disks. conot create...
  6. unallocated space on disk 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. unallocated space in disk 0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unallocated space in disk 0: I am unable to extend the unallocated space on my laptop. it is not showing me the extended volume option in my laptop how should I get back my memory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unallocated-space-in-disk-0/a9298434-5f4f-426e-b08b-9739e261b019
  8. Windows 10 install, drive 0 unallocated space 0 MB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install, drive 0 unallocated space 0 MB: Hi, My HP laptop hdd died. This HP laptop came with windows 10 64 bit, and is activated by the motherboard. I replaced this hdd by another one. This drive is not damaged at all, checked many ways, and the Bios/uefi detect it. I tried to install an os with Windows 8.1 usb and...
  9. Windows 10 installation, disk 0 has 0 mb

Windows 10 installation, disk 0 has 0 mb: I'm gonna start from the beginning, I wanted to set up dual booting with windows 10 which i already had and with linux. Somewhere along the line it messed up and partioned my hard drive replacing windows 10 with linux. I then tried to reinstall windows 10 off of a USB that...
  10. Windows 10 First Install disk 0 0.0MB of space

Windows 10 First Install disk 0 0.0MB of space: I just finally got my new PC working and am trying to download windows 10, i get to when it says i need to select a disk to download it to. But the only option is disk 0 saying that it has 0.0MB of space both free and available, I've tried to clean the disk using the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unallocated space zero bytes windows 10

2. Drive 0 unallocated space 0.0 MB fix

3. drive 0 unallocated space 0.0 mb windows 10

4. install windows drive 0 unallocated space,
  5. disk shows 0.0 free space on windows setup,
  6. Drive 0 space installing windows,
  7. Hdd 0mb when installing windows,
  8. WHAT CAN I DO WHEN MY DISK PARTITION IS SHOWING 0.0MB IN INSTALLING WINDOWS 10,
  9. drive 0 unallocated space total size 0 mb,
  10. hard disk unallocated 0mb,
  11. the size must be at most 0 mb,
  12. installing windows 10 - no space in disk 0,
  13. fix unloacated space 0mb windows 10,
  14. installing windows 10 but disk shows 0 mbs,
  15. THIS partition is too small make the size of this partition at least 16080 MB DRIVE 0 unallocated space size 0.0 MB